Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He didn’t do well to behave like that. According to sports newspapers, Conte sees him as a burden: they proposed him to Chelsea for Kante '.

In my opinion it was better for him to stay with you. He is now a ghost
No way he goes to the chavs, he wouldn't make into their 11 and likely too expensive for just a bench player.

No way he goes to the chavs, he wouldn't make into their 11 and likely too expensive for just a bench player.

I think he was ungrateful to the Spurs.
He became a top player for you: against Juventus he impressed me (him, Kane and Son in particular, wonderful players).
Then this whole thing to go: he had to have more respect for your environment. And now he seems to have become a regular player like Gagliardini ...

I think he was ungrateful to the Spurs.
He became a top player for you: against Juventus he impressed me (him, Kane and Son in particular, wonderful players).
Then this whole thing to go: he had to have more respect for your environment. And now he seems to have become a regular player like Gagliardini ...

come on man ! what a round of blanks man---- he gave alot to the club and wanted to try something new, alle the hate towards him is bullshit , he never was disrespectfull towards Tottenham., and was one of the key players in reaching a top result in PL and championsleague. dont hate.... wish him luck. Cheers!

come on man ! what a round of blanks man---- he gave alot to the club and wanted to try something new, alle the hate towards him is bullshit , he never was disrespectfull towards Tottenham., and was one of the key players in reaching a top result in PL and championsleague. dont hate.... wish him luck. Cheers!
No hatred, however, I would have expected more from a player with those skills. It seems to me that it doesn't have much "character" ...

No hatred, however, I would have expected more from a player with those skills. It seems to me that it doesn't have much "character" ...
He's been shit everywhere for the past 18 months. The national team, spurs and inter - to me that's not character but a bigger issue. One I hope he can turn around.

He's been shit everywhere for the past 18 months. The national team, spurs and inter - to me that's not character but a bigger issue. One I hope he can turn around.

One look at his career games record from a very young age should tell you everything . He’s not become lazy, he’s just experienced a massive physical decline and he hasn’t yet figured out how to adjust his style to remain effective .

Younger/Peak Eriksen has great stamina, never stopped moving to create space, could beat people 1v1 could make runs in behind. Similar to Özil, They both frequently topped the distance covered metric on their teams. In this era of High pressing you are seeing AMs/10’s often burning out early.

One look at his career games record from a very young age should tell you everything . He’s not become lazy, he’s just experienced a massive physical decline and he hasn’t yet figured out how to adjust his style to remain effective .

Younger/Peak Eriksen has great stamina, never stopped moving to create space, could beat people 1v1 could make runs in behind. Similar to Özil, They both frequently topped the distance covered metric on their teams. In this era of High pressing you are seeing AMs/10’s often burning out early.
That's probably my view too, but his ground covered was high even6when playing poor. Not sure if it's a mental block or a physical. If mental it doesn't mean lack of character.

Interesting. Is this a new trend?

I think you are right. He has grown up in the Tottenham team, before he was just a promising youngster. First he went against the club to be able to leave (as if he were a hostage) then apathy ... I think you deserve respect, you fans.

I think you are right. He has grown up in the Tottenham team, before he was just a promising youngster. First he went against the club to be able to leave (as if he were a hostage) then apathy ... I think you deserve respect, you fans.
He really didn't do those things, he was still running but just bad. If he was great for the national team but poor for us I may agree but his form for the national team took a dive too.

100% correct.

And the bigger problem for Eriksen is that his game was wonderful passing/shooting but so much was reliant on great stamina.

Ozil's was different. He was a mover of the ball and better passing in the lines.

Either way both are now off peak products. Not sure there is any scope for either to adapt.

Absolutely, but I think he could have handled the issue better especially because he was respected. At Inter the fans speak of him as a burden, a low-value player
He was decent when he left, it was largely his performances people had issues with not what he was saying.

If we bought this version of Eriksen no matter his attitude we would be saying the same.

Back
Top Bottom