Christian Eriksen

He'll only really start to enjoy playing again when he finally realises the game doesn't owe him anything or think that he's having a tough deal from his manager / club.
When he finally comes to the conclusion that it's up to him to show consistency in his performances, have a positive attitude and a willingness to put 100% effort into training then he might enjoy a brighter and more successful future than he has now.

Same applies to Dele. Overcome by their own hype.

Conte doesn't even consider putting him on while losing 3-2 against Real.

Can't blame Conte though, Eriksen doesn't offer anything offensively and is a defensive liability. He is weak physically, gets dispossessed too often, doesn't have the courage to make something in the final third.

Indeed, he needs to take a pay cut and go to Odense.

If there's intent to go for a creative/attacking player you go for Szoboszlai / Oyarzabal. Somebody unpronouncable, young, hungry.

Eriksen has faded athletically and isn't worth bringing back, even though I thought he looked alright for Inter when he played last season, just not maybe suited to whatever Conte requires of him.

"For a long time, we knew," Mourinho began. "We didn’t tell because of a moral agreement with him but from the first day I arrived, he told me he was not going to sign.

"For me, to try to have still a player without great motivations but still a player with a good sense of professionalism and respect for the club to give us what he could."

" Christian told me the decision was made and no way [did I try to persuade him]. From that moment, I was just trying to build the team without him.

"That was the reason why I didn’t play him many, many times. At the same time, Christian being a good professional and having respect for the club and his teammates I knew that with some limitations – there are always limitations with a player in his situation – that until his last day he tried to help the team and be a positive guy in the dressing room, which he was."

"Christian would always give us some of his talent until the end of the season," he added. "He is a good professional, respect to the club, respect to the dressing room, if he stayed here I think he would always give us something."

Top Bottom