Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it was a cardiac arrest which is different to a heart attack. Can happen to anyone at anytime...heat doesn't necessarily play a part.
Our studio just showed a clip of today's press conference and he confirmed that it was cardiac arrest and that he was "gone" for a bit.

We came very close to losing him.

The squad had a Skype session with Eriksen today and he had said something to the effect of: "Wow, you guys look worse than me. I feel like I should be at training right now", so that’s positive I guess
He always had a dry sense of humour:)
Seems like if you're unfortunate enough to have a cardiac arrest, a football ground is the best place to get rapid treatment.

He always had a dry sense of humour:)
Seems like if you're unfortunate enough to have a cardiac arrest, a football ground is the best place to get rapid treatment.

Reading the transcript back now he may not have come across as cocky as my version suggests

The words from the head coach, Kasper Hjulmand, at the presser:

I wrote with him during the night, which I know, others did as well. We spoke with him this morning where everyone got to see his smile on the screen

He said (Eriksen red.): "How are you? I’m afraid you guys are feeling worse than me. I feel like I’m on the way to training right now". It’s typical Christian to think about others before himself

He was worried about us and obviously his family. He said he didn’t remember much, but were worried about us and how we were holding out

He wants us to play. Christian is a footballer, and he said, he felt like he could go out and play. Christian feels most comfortable when his feet is close to a football. It was nice to see his smile and we’ll do our best to pick ourselves up and play for him

My best translating effort, hopefully closer to the truth

Obviously there’ll be some kind of trauma for Eriksen but he’s probably better of not remembering anything compared to anyone witnessing the incident. I was a mess but can’t imagine how the children watching are doing at this stage

With one yesterday, Eriksen would have had 2mins for his biochemistry to settle, take in water/electrolytes, maybe say to a medic he's feeling shit...
As far as I know, a cardiac arrest is nigh on impossible to predict or prevent and is only really linked to obesity and age and fitness levels so not sure heat had anything to do with it.

As far as I know, a cardiac arrest is nigh on impossible to predict or prevent and is only really linked to obesity and age and fitness levels so not sure heat had anything to do with it.

It doesn't matter, the break, is quite probable in my view, of allowing his body to settle enough for this to perhaps be a grade or two lower and maybe manifest in him becoming very dizzy...

But, it's about the pause in heat, to allow these guys bodies to recover, the game is so fast now, summer is an extra calendar point which erodes hugely the traditional rest and recovery summer for most teams (since the advent of teams packed with internationals).

Think games would be better, but that is of low significance to my mind.

The fuck are you talking about.

You think this isn't Nitric Oxide based in probability? Players take on both in breaks.

The longer out the worse on the brain (if you were on about the grade comment).

Edit : This is where my line of thinking comes from this type of mental poking...

The frequency of OH return of spontaneous circulation and the value of pH, PO(2), base excess, and carboxyhemoglobin in the survival group were greater than those values in the non-survival group.

PS. I'm a key worker for a Lennox Gestalt Cherub (and multiple other challenging Autistic young adults) ATM, have many years of various experience in numerous fields but am not a medical professional (as my clumsy articulation shows to you guys Fat Abbot Fat Abbot if a Doc).

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, the break, is quite probable in my view, of allowing his body to settle enough for this to perhaps be a grade or two lower and maybe manifest in him becoming very dizzy...

But, it's about the pause in heat, to allow these guys bodies to recover, the game is so fast now, summer is an extra calendar point which erodes hugely the traditional rest and recovery summer for most teams (since the advent of teams packed with internationals).

I agree with most but it wasn't due to the heat.

I agree with most but it wasn't

I agree with most but it wasn't

Heard you the first time :) If you see the paper I posted above, since you posted, it may give you a glimpse that the terrain is very much at matter.

So, perhaps you can't predict it at all, but you can set the environment for elite athletes that minimise the likelihood.

Both players Eriksen and Muamba were at the end of the half...

Last edited:

Electrolyte imbalances such as low potassium or calcium/magnesium can cause electrical issues with the heart and ultimately cardiac arrest - this can theoretically be caused by dehydration.

Electrolyte imbalances such as low potassium or calcium/magnesium can cause electrical issues with the heart and ultimately cardiac arrest - this can theoretically be caused by dehydration.

I didn't even want to go there, as I've studied this for decades and it's still beyond me!!!

Had pondered if Eriksen, before a big game, had a traditional nordic dish he loves (nurtured playing in cold weather, where sodium rich foods dominate to keep cellular hydration/osmotic pressure focused on maintaining heat - as nature provides us foods richer in Sodium in Winter, Potassium Summer (or hot cold conditions if more extreme weather based). So, he is way higher in sodium the morning of the game, bit dehydrated and thinks it's just nerves... He's doesn't get enough potassium to balance his cellular pressure to cool, so he fries on the pitch...

It more than crossed my mind... but it's just a thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom