Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't even want to go there, as I've studied this for decades and it's still beyond me!!!

Had pondered if Eriksen, before a big game, had a traditional nordic dish he loves (nurtured playing in cold weather, where sodium rich foods dominate to keep cellular hydration/osmotic pressure focused on maintaining heat - as nature provides us foods richer in Sodium in Winter, Potassium Summer (or hot cold conditions if more extreme weather based). So, he is way higher in sodium the morning of the game, bit dehydrated and thinks it's just nerves... He's doesn't get enough potassium to balance his cellular pressure to cool, so he fries on the pitch...

It more than crossed my mind... but it's just a thought.

I don’t think a cold windy summer night in Copenhagen is to blame, especially considering the player is resided in Italy

I don’t think a cold windy summer night in Copenhagen is to blame, especially considering the player is resided in Italy

Thought it was a hot day? anyway, it's a broader point, and heat in my view is about internal, not outside soo much! But, don't you see more lethargy in Tournaments anyway?

Would a 90 second (ATP) break really be a problem? 23minutes into each half, after Christian?!

Edit: was working, but saw the game, and thought because of seeing Eriksen (had literally just sat down in our residents lounge when it happened), presumed it was hot because of the hot appearance he bore as he went down). APOLOGIES all for this tangent.

Last edited:
Thought it was a hot day? anyway, it's a broader point, and heat in my view is about internal, not outside soo much! But, don't you see more lethargy in Tournaments anyway?

Would a 90 second (ATP) break really be a problem? 23minutes into each half, after Christian?!

Edit: was working, but saw the game, and thought because of seeing Eriksen (had literally just sat down in our residents lounge when it happened), presumed it was hot because of the hot appearance he bore as he went down). APOLOGIES all for this tangent.

I’m not opposed to the idea of water breaks especially when entering warmer climates, but I can’t see the connection to Eriksen when it was first game, first half and at most 22 degrees C

I’m not opposed to the idea of water breaks especially when entering warmer climates, but I can’t see the connection to Eriksen when it was first game, first half and at most 22 degrees C

If he was iffy with say Magnesium or Phosphate, after this long running he is much more likely for ATP to start making him move into risk zones, think this opens up the discussion whether we would see better games, less injuries, a move towards matching humans biochemistry in the modern game, by stopping it 90 seconds half way through each half... when a circuit/fatigue trainer/instructor this break was key between circuit sets, these guys put themselves through much more in 22minutes than nearly anyone did in 8-12minutes that I experienced back then (30 odd years ago!).

Often due to the tackling becoming more and more non-contact you have much greater spells without pause in games, etc.

Must say, I'm seeing much higher exhaustion levels/symptoms/signs in masses of players now vs years previous. Just thinking out loud...

When it happened to Blind (similar, but lesser grade) it was 77mins, so 22mins into the half (not sure originally he just felt dizzy I think to get the diagnosis).

Any researchers know if it's been studied to see if these events are manifesting mostly at-after the midway point of the half???

When it happened to Blind (similar, but lesser grade) it was 77mins, so 22mins into the half (not sure originally he just felt dizzy I think to get the diagnosis).

Any researchers know if it's been studied to see if these events are manifesting mostly at-after the midway point of the half???
You are talking out of your ass, which - especially to me as a Dane - comes across very disrespectful. Blind’s heart disease similar to Eriksen’s cardiac arrest? Jeeez.

Fair play that you want drink breaks. But consider if this is the appropriate thread and topic for that discussion.

You are talking out of your ass, which - especially to me as a Dane - comes across very disrespectful. Blind’s heart disease similar to Eriksen’s cardiac arrest? Jeeez.

Fair play that you want drink breaks. But this is not the thread for it.

Then, my apologies. Events like these lead me to research, no disrespect meant.

Blind is fitted with a defib, which to me suggests a lower grade in a similar area, please explain why not if a Medic? Blind was just subbed at 65mins... Thanks and again apologies.

My daughter died in front of me, numerous times (+ had grade 1 VSDs/required PDA Ligation), in her first months, so I developed a reaction to want to understand every detail I could which was at play I could effect, so this is highly emotional to me and would never seek to belittle or disrespect what happened.

Last edited:
It also makes me wonder, do concussive events tend to occur much more in the second half of each half? It is really dehydration of the cerebral fluids protecting the brain, possibly, as much as the impact itself (of course it's so difficult to isolate). Think Meta guys should be studying this stuff.

Kasper Schmeichel and captain Simon Kjaer visited Eriksen yesterday.

According to Schmeichel, Eriksen smiled and laughed and “was himself”.

:pochhail:
Schmeichel has now not only had to live through this, but he was also one of the first people on site when the Leicester owner's helicopter crashed.

He's made of stern stuff that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom