Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t lie, I am nervous about losing Eriksen. Don’t think he’ll go before summer 2019 but we need to get him tied down to a new contract sharpish. Will soften the blow of the stadium delay a little as well.

Can’t lie, I am nervous about losing Eriksen. Don’t think he’ll go before summer 2019 but we need to get him tied down to a new contract sharpish. Will soften the blow of the stadium delay a little as well.
Every bit as important as Kane and Pochettino and in the absurd absence of not bringing in an able deputy, a player who is a necessity at least until next season.

More valuable than Kane. I know that is blasphemy but I just don’t see this squad working without Eriksen pulling the strings.
What about if Modric pulled those strings??
#straightswap !!
It's supply and demand ....
There are perhaps a dozen forwards who could replace Kane, sure 100m+ but they are out there .... but to be honest, I stopped reading every time my eyes glance over to the left of my screen... I'm sure your points are valid, and relevant, and worth Quoting... but to be honest... it's all blah blah blah something about contract something something something else... I dunno any more...
Sorry, no offence BangkokSpud BangkokSpud ...but whatever you posted just starts to look like the bottom of our new home shirt... it simply fades away... and that's just how I read all your posts, until you change your fucking Avatar!
10605.jpg

Last edited:
We should have gone for Fekir this summer. I can't think of another player, who is readily available for gettable money, who not only could have brought some of the craft and composure of Eriksen (though he can't play that 8/10 hybrid - he's really only effective as 10/AM/Striker), he can also dribble as well, and he can also play as a striker, so could back up Kane too.

Eriksen is not a Real Madrid type 'galactico' player, imo. He's just not that much of a flash bastard.

It's Barca I worry about.

I don't see him going to either club because we would be asking too much and Eriksen is essential the same as Coutinho. Agree on Real Madrid.

We shall see but I suspect this will run until the window closes and beyond.

Our problem is we showed zero ambition in the transfer window and NOBODY will believe that will change in January or next summer.

If Real Madrid come in seriously for him it really will be a struggle to keep him I fear. He will stay this season but if it's a case of another season of getting to cup semi's and battling for top 4 it really would be difficult for anyone to begrudge him a move. There really is very little we can offer him as leverage to stay and at his age now in his prime years I doubt money is his main motivation, so a 200k a week contract probably wouldn't sort it either.
A player of his class deserves silverware.

Modric also wasn’t mate. And he went there. Really worried about this situation.
I am too, though I'm encouraged to read that we appear to have priced Real Madrid out of a bid - at least, according to Gianluca Di Marzio (emphasis mine).

The Modric chapter for Inter is not closed yet. Despite the call for tomorrow's Super Cup in Spain, the Nerazzurri do not say goodbye to the dream of being able to bring the Croatian midfielder born in 1985 to Milan.

His agent Vlado Lemic, in fact, pushes to convince Real Madrid to open the sale. We will talk about it after the match against Atletico. A turning point could be represented by the interest of Real for Eriksen. However, Tottenham's request for the Danish midfielder is one of those scary: 200 million.

A too high figure for Florentino Perez too.
Clearly, without a substitute, it would be impossible to think of a sale of Modric.​

I don't see him going to either club because we would be asking too much and Eriksen is essential the same as Coutinho. Agree on Real Madrid.

We shall see but I suspect this will run until the window closes and beyond.

Our problem is we showed zero ambition in the transfer window and NOBODY will believe that will change in January or next summer.
If he gets wind of them inquiring about him, then he may want to go and not sign any extensions. A lot also depends on whether we show any ambition and try to win something or is it just all about making the top 4.

Sorry if the answer to this has been posted in here recently, but does anyone know if Eriksen actually signed a contract extension recently? All the rumors I've heard is that Eriksen and Dele both signed extensions weeks ago, but the club are waiting to announce? Not sure if this is true, anybody know anything?

Could explain why, in my opinion, he has not had the best of starts to the season. He definitely deserves to be one of the highest earners. Isn't Harry now on about twice as much as Lloris?
Hugo apparently has a parity clause in his deal. Anyone gets a pay raise that puts them higher than him and his salary is automatically matched.

The rest of your post makes sense because the exact same thing happened before his previous extension

Back
Top Bottom