Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People like this actually exist..

Edit - he's deleted the tweet now but his Twitter is full of it.

This guy GENUINELY believes Sigurdsson is better than Eriksen..

Twitter

Last edited:
7877418-6533651-image-a-2_1545941850946.jpg

18months left on his contract I think he will leave in the summer for a big fee to one of the Spanish giants £100+ we ain’t selling him to any one in the premier league just think with kane and dele both happy with what they’ve been offered and signed new contracts a few months back and Eriksen offered a contract at the time
he would have accepted it by now .apparently the offer was £150k doubled his wages I think he looking for kane wages £200k ,in my opinion he should be top earner at the club with kane but somethings not right in all this .

18months left on his contract I think he will leave in the summer for a big fee to one of the Spanish giants £100+ we ain’t selling him to any one in the premier league just think with kane and dele both happy with what they’ve been offered and signed new contracts a few months back and Eriksen offered a contract at the time
he would have accepted it by now .apparently the offer was £150k doubled his wages I think he looking for kane wages £200k ,in my opinion he should be top earner at the club with kane but somethings not right in all this .
He looks like he's running his contract down rather than leaving this summer. All the power will be with him when he's in his final year.

He looks like he's running his contract down rather than leaving this summer. All the power will be with him when he's in his final year.
I think levy and poch know he’s doing that and will try to get rid of him in the summer get the most for him
As possible ,the longer we leave it the more his price drops .i can’t see any other clubs then say Barcelona ,Madrid ,Bayern on juventus able to afford him he’s on there level now footballing wise .shame really but I don’t think he will be a massive loss as people think .

“Football is so dynamic and changing every day, every season,”

“You know there are many things that depend, it’s not only your decision, it is always [the] player’s decision.

“But now is a moment to enjoy our present and, of course, he is a person that the club, or the player environment, they are getting for the future. But now we need to be focused. Players like him are focused and try to deliver a great job and performance in the way that we need.

“And of course the decision is going to happen at the end of the season or another decision is going to happen in the next few days, in January.
“Football is so dynamic, it is about decision, decision, decision, decision. And hope that we are going to take the best decision for the club, hope that the player can take the best decision for them and their future and for the club."

Poch

Make of it what you will, sounds like the club will know by the summer what he wants. We will grind on either way.
I dont want anyone to leave, but not really sure why people get so worked up about it.
If Eriksen leaves, we replace him with some of the 180M we get for him, and continue to evolve.

What if he leaves......and we improve? Why is everything always so Doomsday

“Football is so dynamic and changing every day, every season,”

“You know there are many things that depend, it’s not only your decision, it is always [the] player’s decision.

“But now is a moment to enjoy our present and, of course, he is a person that the club, or the player environment, they are getting for the future. But now we need to be focused. Players like him are focused and try to deliver a great job and performance in the way that we need.

“And of course the decision is going to happen at the end of the season or another decision is going to happen in the next few days, in January.
“Football is so dynamic, it is about decision, decision, decision, decision. And hope that we are going to take the best decision for the club, hope that the player can take the best decision for them and their future and for the club."

Poch

Make of it what you will, sounds like the club will know by the summer what he wants. We will grind on either way.
I dont want anyone to leave, but not really sure why people get so worked up about it.
If Eriksen leaves, we replace him with some of the 180M we get for him, and continue to evolve.

What if he leaves......and we improve? Why is everything always so Doomsday
Poch with this squad minus Ericksen with 150m + to spend id expect to win the league .

Well thats the thing isnt it. People jus assume we cant improve. Which would suggest Eriksen is the best playmaker in the world....which makes you wonder why we cant win a trophy.
Why do People think that we can sell Eriksen for 150m in the summer with only 1 year left on his contract with us?
his price will drop a lot from now on out we would be lucky to get 80-100m for him in the summer and if doesn't go in the summer then he will be worth even less in january 2020 the last window we can get anything for him at that point with 6 months left on his contract he will only go for 20-30m max as the other clubs that want him can negotiate with him and make a contract that he signs as a free agent in june 2020!

Not sure about that. He did exactly the same at Ajax before joining us. Tonnes of speculation about him joining many clubs with 18 months of his contract left and he and his agent stayed calm and batted away the speculation until the summer with one year left when he joined us for a paltry 12 mill. What a signing

So I do think he will leave this summer to go abroad, Italy or Spain, but we won't get the fee his talent merits because of the contract situation. Probably 60 to 80 mill if we are very lucky when he is worth twice that in this crazy market where decent full backs cost 50 mill.

No club in world is going to pay 180m for a player with 12 months left on his contract.

The maximum we can get is 60/70 millions.

Then we can get someone in for 70M who might be better than Eriksen.
We might get someone in for 10M who ends up better than Eriksen.

I don’t lose sleep over players that don’t want to sign new contracts. They know where the door is.

Back
Top Bottom