Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was not in my team to play Liverpool. However he ran the 2nd most after Dele and more than any Liverpool player. Therefore I find it difficult to accept he is not trying. Juventus had a scout watching and normally the players become aware of this but in any case as televised it would be seen in Spain and Italy. Therefore he would be an idiot not to try.
There were many comments in the game thread about him playing RB. Presumably on Poch's orders. Could it be that Poch is playing him in a position he will not perform in so that the focus is that the team is not winning is down to Eriksen rather than Poch.
Eriksen has been a very good player for the club but at present does not justify his place in the side. There is no way he is staying next season and whilst we have other options in Lo Celso, Ndombele , Dele and Lamela then I would not play him. However I still find it hard to accept that Eriksen deliberately goes on the pitch to play badly when his future depends on a top club being impressed to sign him.

He's trying but in the circumstances he clearly cannot perform. He thought he was nailed-on for a move to Real Madrid and they never even picked up the phone, he didn't think he would still be here.

It's the managers fault for putting such a heavy burden of responsibility on a player who is not in the right frame of mind. Eriksen has always been a bit soft and he clearly can't clear his head. Modric was in a much tougher situation back in 11/12, having tried to force a move to Chelsea of all teams, but when the window closed he got his head down and delivered a world class season. That's why he went straight to Real Madrid, won 4 CLs and a Balon D'Or, top players always perform. He showed he was too good for Tottenham at that time.

Eriksen has done the opposite, he has wilted under the pressure of having to earn a move to a superclub and has shown that Tottenham is his ceiling. He just hasn't gotten over that yet. He needs a sustained period out of the team so that we can look to the future and start winning matches without him. When we are winning games without him then he can be eased back in and have a role as a substitute. Eriksen is clearly not strong enough mentally to have a starting XI place in the current situation.

Poch said keeping Eriksen was a priority and most of this forum banged the drum and agreed.
As per usual.

I’m pretty sure Levy would have loved to cash in rather than lose the player for free.
But he backed his manager, who seemingly thought he could change Eriksens mind, failed, dropped him, then blamed the window.
Levy fangirl still at it.

If only Levy backed Poch.

No club came with an offer for Eriksen, you know that very well. Levy could not sell Eriksen. Stop telling lies.

Two question to the fangirl:
Who dithered and haggled for 12 months and then crawled and paid the full asking price for an injuired
Sessignon?
What can Poch do with injured Sess?!

Ps. what could Poch have done with Njie, Nkouda, Vincent!

Last edited:
If only Levy backed Poch.

If only Poch used more than 50% of the 27 players bought for him in five years

Piss poor to claim he only used the good ones.
Some were given more chances than others....like Lamela and Sissoko and Winks for example getting a whole season to find form while GKN, Janssen etc getting a handful of games and five minute sub appearances.

Now he needs a whole new squad right?
Cos the players like Eriksen who three months ago people like you claimed was world class and irreplaceable are now “shit and Poch hasn’t got any good players bar Kane.”

Who dithered and haggled for 12 months and then crawled and paid the full asking price for an injuired
Sessignon?
Levy

What can Poch do with injured Sess?!
Not much. The real question is how much will he play him when he’s fit though.

You are making back handed digs at the signing of Sessengon, yet hinting that if he wasn’t injured Poch would have him marauding up the wing transforming our turgid attack.

That will make him a good signing then.
Meaning Poch was once again backed. Also ask yourself why Poch was trying to sell Rose on deadline day when he knew Sessengon couldn’t play, but Rose is still first choice ahead of Davies.

Crap management

Ps. what could Poch have done with Njie, Nkouda, Vincent!
He could have used them more often in games that we were comfortably winning with 20 minutes or half an hour left, and in early CC and FA Cup games against lower league and mid table opponents.
Thus resting the likes of Kane, Dele and Eriksen, sending the message that form and good play will get you game time if you prove yourself, and saving our best players from fatigue, injuries and entitlement.

The fact you can’t see this just tells me you are happy with crap management and that’s why you’re happy with Poch.

Thats you’re problem, but I see the club as bigger and better than calling top 4 a miracle.

Last edited:
Poch said keeping Eriksen was a priority and most of this forum banged the drum and agreed.
As per usual.

I’m pretty sure Levy would have loved to cash in rather than lose the player for free.
But he backed his manager, who seemingly thought he could change Eriksens mind, failed, dropped him, then blamed the window.
sammyspurs sammyspurs claims are BS.

How many clubs wanted to buy Eriksen in the summer?
Zero, no club made an offer. levy fangirl talking nonsense, as usual.

sammyspurs sammyspurs claims are BS.

How many clubs wanted to buy Eriksen in the summer?
Zero, no club made an offer. levy fangirl talking nonsense, as usual.

How has that addressed any of the points I made?

You have just inadvertently defended Levy with your post. Ouch.

And the hypocrisy of people like you is all too obvious. You didn’t want Eriksen sold, you didn’t want him dropped even. Poch said keeping him was a priority of the window this summer.

You jumped aboard the Poch train in that one again, then you all turned on Eriksen because Poch dropped him and you were forced to pick a side when it became obvious he was acting the twat.

Now you’re trying to defend Poch for Eriksen still being here, with the same excuse you want to blame Levy for him still being here.

These are pretty ridiculous posts you’re making.
Random statements. It’s not a back n forth.
You have literally countered nothing I’ve said.

Last edited:
sammyspurs sammyspurs

Be Honest. Very Simple question for you. You can google or ask whoever you like.
How many clubs made offers to buy Eriksen this summer?

None....what exactly is your point?

I told you for nearly a year Eriksen was playing shit. I told you he wouldn’t get a look in at a bigger club. I told you he wasn’t good enough.
I told you he should be dropped.
You disagreed.
You said he was irreplaceable.

I’ve never blamed Poch for him not being sold, I blame Poch for never dropping him last season and for continuing to use him.

If no one came in for Eriksen, then you have just vindicated Levy.
Ouch

Last edited:
None....what exactly is your point?

Then Do Not talk rubb!sh claiming Levy did not sell Eriksen to back Poch. Simple. Got it?!

Levy would have sold and didn't care about Poch just like when he sold Dembele Jan 2019. And he will do exactly the same this Jan if he gets offers for E.

Levy could not sell Eriksen in the summer because he had no offers as you just said.

Writing too much means you are waffling and making excuses.

Have a good day.

Then Do Not talk rubb!sh claiming Levy did not sell Eriksen to back Poch. Simple. Got it?!

Levy would have sold and didn't care about Poch just like when he sold Dembele Jan 2019. And he will do exactly the same this Jan if he gets offers for E.

Levy could not sell Eriksen in the summer because he had no offers as you just said.

Have a good day.
Nothing you said made any sense, even linguistically.

Ive not once mentioned the sale of Eriksen as a criticism or defence of either Poch or Levy.
Your argument has as much relevance as me, out of the blue saying:

“So you think Levy punched Jan???!!!!!????!”

He's trying but in the circumstances he clearly cannot perform. He thought he was nailed-on for a move to Real Madrid and they never even picked up the phone, he didn't think he would still be here.

It's the managers fault for putting such a heavy burden of responsibility on a player who is not in the right frame of mind. Eriksen has always been a bit soft and he clearly can't clear his head. Modric was in a much tougher situation back in 11/12, having tried to force a move to Chelsea of all teams, but when the window closed he got his head down and delivered a world class season. That's why he went straight to Real Madrid, won 4 CLs and a Balon D'Or, top players always perform. He showed he was too good for Tottenham at that time.

Eriksen has done the opposite, he has wilted under the pressure of having to earn a move to a superclub and has shown that Tottenham is his ceiling. He just hasn't gotten over that yet. He needs a sustained period out of the team so that we can look to the future and start winning matches without him. When we are winning games without him then he can be eased back in and have a role as a substitute. Eriksen is clearly not strong enough mentally to have a starting XI place in the current situation.
Nice to read an opinion that doesn't centre around hyperbole or bashing other posters. A sensible well constructed post capable of producing healthy debate and not just grandstanding "I AM RIGHT YOU ARE WRONG YOU CUNT!" replies.

On Eriksen, I was pondering the other day whether he has maybe just gone past his peak. Will we ever see the old Chris again? In anyone's shirt.

I have been in the "he has downed tools" camp. Not necessarily thinking it's an overt decision, more a subconscious reaction to not getting what he hoped would be his dream move and the pinnacle of his carefully planned career.

But is there a chance that maybe he is no longer capable of the levels he once reached. I do struggle to believe that he could have lost the physical attributes that allowed him to become one of our top performers as quickly as his form suggests. Therefore, I can only agree with you that it's a mental thing. And also as you say, he doesn't appear to be of the character which will allow him to be one of the members of the team who can lead us out of the current malaise. Therefore, dropping him seems to be the most obvious course of action. Certainly for the good of the team if not the man himself.

Last edited:
So let's say Real Madrid enquire about Eriksen last season and Levy says he wants £100m. They are not exactly impressed but the player says "Will you hang on for a year and then you can get me on a free but I want £200k a week" (more than double his current £75k at Spurs).
They say 'yes' and then he just pisses about on the pitch for Spurs waiting for his big move, not willing to risk injury.
Poch meanwhile, continues to believe he may just change his mind and start performing so keeps selecting him.... :thumbdown: :thumbup:... utter madness.

Good post and comparison. Modric got stick but he was never below par, he never let it drop. That's why he ended up at an elite club, ended up playing the majority of games and got the prizes and recognition for it.
Also worth noting he had a tough start at Madrid. Not through lack of effort, but it wasn't an immediate success. But he didn't give up, he dug in and proved his doubters wrong.

So let's say Real Madrid enquire about Eriksen last season and Levy says he wants £100m. They are not exactly impressed but the player says "Will you hang on for a year and then you can get me on a free but I want £200k a week" (more than double his current £75k at Spurs).
They say 'yes' and then he just pisses about on the pitch for Spurs waiting for his big move, not willing to risk injury.
Poch meanwhile, continues to believe he may just change his mind and start performing so keeps selecting him.... :thumbdown: :thumbup:... utter madness.

Poch is stubborn, like all managers, but I don’t believe he would pick a player who is not working hard every day in training. That would be the end of him as a manager, the players would never respect him after that.

But working hard in training and doing good work on the pitch are two different things, surely even a loyal man like Poch can see that it’s time to leave him out for a while? The Liverpool game has to be his last start for the foreseeable future.

He was not in my team to play Liverpool. However he ran the 2nd most after Dele and more than any Liverpool player. Therefore I find it difficult to accept he is not trying.

He ran. There's no way to tell where he ran or how fast he ran or why he ran. I very much doubt there was anything meaningful in his run. He played 88 minutes and could easily cover those distanced at a saunter just by continuously moving.
Dele has been getting a lot of flack lately. Surely if running is so important he was our best player?

Look on the other hand at Sissoko. He may not have ran as far as the other 2, but when he did, they made a difference. One got a goal, one nearly led to another goal.

Have a good day.

You're taking incoherent shit.... As always. :)

Poch is stubborn, like all managers, but I don’t believe he would pick a player who is not working hard every day in training. That would be the end of him as a manager, the players would never respect him after that.

But working hard in training and doing good work on the pitch are two different things, surely even a loyal man like Poch can see that it’s time to leave him out for a while? The Liverpool game has to be his last start for the foreseeable future.
He's working hard in training because the risk of injury is relatively low and it's keeping him fit. Selecting him for the team however means we get the lacklustre performances we are witnessing game after game. Poch needs to wise up and fast.
I don't want to see him ever given the opportunity to pull a shirt on again.

He's working hard in training because the risk of injury is relatively low and it's keeping him fit. Selecting him for the team however means we get the lacklustre performances we are witnessing game after game. Poch needs to wise up and fast.
I don't want to see him ever given the opportunity to pull a shirt on again.

Add Rose and Aurier to that list

Almost dreading Sunday’s game

Good post but not convinced, had it been since the start of the season, yes but his performance have been woeful for a long time. I gave up on him after the City CL game, I just couldn’t believe he gave the ball away (praise be to VAR) yes players make mistakes and shit happens but he looked, then, as if he didn’t give a fuck, even the interview afterwards went beyond his laconic self. This man was my favourite player
I’ve been shaking my head every time I see his name in the starting line ever since

There were many comments in the game thread about him playing RB. Presumably on Poch's orders. Could it be that Poch is playing him in a position he will not perform in so that the focus is that the team is not winning is down to Eriksen rather than Poch.

If Poch is throwing Eriksen to the wolves it wouldn't be to deflect criticism. It would be to send some sort of message to Levy about the buying and selling of players.

Poch doesn't care about criticism and I think to get to that level of management, it is almost mandatory. Otherwise you would burn out pretty quickly.

Eriksen has no place in the squad and almost as little place in the entire club at this stage.

It’s utterly incomprehensible to me that this situation has developed not just once but three times. The minute he turned down an extension everything should have been down to sell him.

Isn’t it fact that he even sold his house before the Champions League Final as he was heading off ? Hardly smacks of loyalty does it.

I can’t help feeling this all goes back to those two windows of nothingness. Thinking that keeping players was as legitimate as replacing them. It was not.

All logic suggests you should be replacing players 12 months before you sell them, but 12 months before Eriksen should have been sold we signed no one.

And surely you must be ready to sell ANY player when his value exceeds his real worth, the minute that contract is turned down you ship the cunt out the door as he’s getting cheaper by the day.

we are now on the verge of losing Toby, Jan and Eriksen for nothing. NOTHiNG. It’s scandalous. I don’t know who’s carrying the can on this one, but as an individual Eriksen is certainly partly to blame.

Back
Top Bottom