Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

also.. nerd.. I just got the latest fifa (shite all difference). Started a season with Spurs, sold CE to united for £55m and got Bruno Fernandes and Depay for £70m...

Then I changed the difficulty from Pro to Levy

Ended up with Joe Allen and Benteke.

Is it official, has he gone??? Please say it is so.
Don't know what feels it's dragged on the longest - this or Brexit. Give it time and think Meghan and Harry will give both a run for their money!!

Is it official, has he gone??? Please say it is so.
Don't know what feels it's dragged on the longest - this or Brexit. Give it time and think Meghan and Harry will give both a run for their money!!

In a way, it is all over.

In a slightly more accurate way it seems that Spurs aren't even involved at this stage other than allowing Inter to talk to Eriksen.

Fingers crossed!

Been a great player for us , would be foolish to say otherwise

I struggle to remember him ever showing up and bossing the crucial matches though

With maybe the Chelsea semi final being the exception , a couple of great assists that day

He was one of our all time best midfielders but he never "did it" in the big games and never connected with the fans.
Maybe after he goes Lamela or GLC has the balls to take his place.

He was one of our all time best midfielders but he never "did it" in the big games and never connected with the fans.
Maybe after he goes Lamela or GLC has the balls to take his place.

Nah, the fans embraced him. Evidently the feeling wasn't mutual.

It is all very frustrating how these things drag on for weeks sometimes months on end. It never seemed to take this long until recent years. I mean perhaps I am being naive but what can possibly take so long to sort out? Surely all that needs to happen is for Levy and Inter to agree a price and for Inter to agree on a weekly salary. It sure wasn’t this difficult when I’ve changed jobs! I suppose it could be complicated slightly if Christian wants lots of extra clauses- maybe he wants exclusive corner and free kick taking rights (poor Inter!). Or maybe he wants a distance covered clause so he gets a bonus for every kilometre covered during a match however aimless. Even so get the deal done now ffs!!!

Last edited:
It is all very frustrating how these things drag on for weeks sometimes months on end. It never seemed to take this long until recent years. I mean perhaps I am being naive but what can possibly take so long to sort out? Surely all that needs to happen is for Levy and Inter to agree a price and for Inter to agree on a weekly salary. It sure wasn’t this difficult when I’ve changed jobs! I suppose it could be complicated slightly if Christian wants lots of extra clauses- maybe he wants exclusive corner and free kick taking rights (poor Inter!). Or maybe he wants a distance covered clause so he gets a bonus for every kilometre covered during a match however aimless. Even so get the deal done now ffs!!!

Transfer Fee
Salary
Image rights
Agent 'commission'
Relocation expenses (yes, they have these)
Sell on fee (yes, levy will want one of these)
Bonus's
Housing (a lot of clubs rent houses for foreign players)
Medical
Applicable work visas
Income tax arrangements (can be complicated on 'split years')

But apart from all that; yep its really simple. GET IT DONE LEVY

Just had a look on an Inter forum to see what their thoughts on potentially getting Eriksen are when I stumbled across this...

eriksen.png

giphy.gif

Probably used to take just as long but now with every nerd/journo thinking they are ITK we are drip fed crap for weeks. Add to that the news cycle being 24 hours and we have it in our pocket at all times, it just seems more painful.

Most ITK is bollocks but we click on it anyway. Any "real" ITK is a club or agent leaking crap for an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom