Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take prime Eriksen back in a heartbeat if he can unlock the teams that sit back against us.
On his day he put one hell of a shift in, negating the need for Sissoko or Winks

If there's intent to go for a creative/attacking player you go for Szoboszlai / Oyarzabal. Somebody unpronouncable, young, hungry.

Eriksen has faded athletically and isn't worth bringing back, even though I thought he looked alright for Inter when he played last season, just not maybe suited to whatever Conte requires of him.

"For a long time, we knew," Mourinho began. "We didn’t tell because of a moral agreement with him but from the first day I arrived, he told me he was not going to sign.

"For me, to try to have still a player without great motivations but still a player with a good sense of professionalism and respect for the club to give us what he could."

" Christian told me the decision was made and no way [did I try to persuade him]. From that moment, I was just trying to build the team without him.

"That was the reason why I didn’t play him many, many times. At the same time, Christian being a good professional and having respect for the club and his teammates I knew that with some limitations – there are always limitations with a player in his situation – that until his last day he tried to help the team and be a positive guy in the dressing room, which he was."

"Christian would always give us some of his talent until the end of the season," he added. "He is a good professional, respect to the club, respect to the dressing room, if he stayed here I think he would always give us something."

Do you think he'd really go to Woolwich?
You'd like to think not but then I remember the abuse I'd hear him get from our own feet away from him at NWHL and I would I blame him if he didn't feel quite so loyal?
Well, I would, but perhaps not quite as much :(

Back
Top Bottom