Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good player technically but not the strongest mentally. He looked burned out the last year with us, not sure the Prem is for him anymore.

I heard he lost a bit of motivation for football after becoming a father (though that's probably just coincidence of timing since it was mid-2018). I totally get that, you have another focus in life and work doesn't seem as important anymore, then you start thinking maybe something new and fresh is what you need to get your hunger back. So as annoyed as I was, I understood the Inter move a little.

The problem is Woolwich are different - definitely not a change in scenery, or a better chance for a trophy. He'll justify it by saying it's to get regular gametime and not have to deal with a manager who hates him like Conte, but he seemed like he left on professional terms and with no bad feelings. That bridge will be burned if he crosses over to the other side.

Some players really do only treat it as work, not a shirt :( Hopefully he proves me wrong and shows he does care about his legacy here.

Our cunt fans (yes all of you) deserve Eriksen banging in a FK against us for arse top bins FA cup final.

I can't possibly foresee a situation where I'd want any team to score against "us" in a final. Let alone them.

All for a player who had a dream. A dream that included pretty much any other team but us. I'm not sure if you expect the fans to cheer on a player who ran down his contract so he would get a better deal at the expense of the club trying to replace him. But I sure wouldn't expect anyone here to write gooner fanfic on this site.

Mad what's happened to him. Maybe the system we had and playing with Kane suited him.

It's nice in a way for Kane and Son to see Erisksen go abroad and fail, have Bale talk about the importance of being loved etc

the grass isn't always greener.

I can't possibly foresee a situation where I'd want any team to score against "us" in a final. Let alone them.

All for a player who had a dream. A dream that included pretty much any other team but us. I'm not sure if you expect the fans to cheer on a player who ran down his contract so he would get a better deal at the expense of the club trying to replace him. But I sure wouldn't expect anyone here to write gooner fanfic on this site.

To be fair, with six months left, he allowed us to get 20m for him. 20m which could definitely gone into his pocket if he'd just dug his heels in properly like most and many, many others have.

Even in that he was pretty reasonable. Especially having never taken a pay rise on his meagre 70k pw of the last what 3-4 years, when we've had much shitter players earning a lot more.

He played for us for 6 years, a players career is about 8 -10 max at the top end, does anyone seriously begrudge a player who's been so important and productive for us throughout most of that time a change of scenery ?

According to Lukaku, he still doesn't speak Italian.

"Romelu Lukaku has said he wants to ‘help’ Inter teammate Christian Eriksen settle in Milan. ‘He has all the qualities to become a champion’.

After scoring a brace in Belgium's 4-2 win over Denmark in the UEFA Nations League on Wednesday, Lukaku spoke to Danish Kanal 5 and said life will become better for Eriksen once he learns Italian.

“He has all the qualities to become a champion and I want to help him,” Lukaku said. “I was lucky to adapt quickly. If he learns Italian, everything will become easier for him."

According to Lukaku, he still doesn't speak Italian.

"Romelu Lukaku has said he wants to ‘help’ Inter teammate Christian Eriksen settle in Milan. ‘He has all the qualities to become a champion’.

After scoring a brace in Belgium's 4-2 win over Denmark in the UEFA Nations League on Wednesday, Lukaku spoke to Danish Kanal 5 and said life will become better for Eriksen once he learns Italian.

“He has all the qualities to become a champion and I want to help him,” Lukaku said. “I was lucky to adapt quickly. If he learns Italian, everything will become easier for him."

Meh there's plenty of English speakers at Inter

Young, Lukaku, Sanchez (prob?) Kolorov etc

Didn't hurt Aguero not speaking English.

Fulham? He’ll be back in London and with a decent wage. He’s tidy so would fit with Parker’s pretty but ineffective set-up.
He trippled his wages with his Inter move (almost £220kpw if my memory serves me correctly, a wage we would have matched) Contract expires 2024 so i’d expect he will be there for a while yet.

Would happily take him back in January, just like we have Bale (who was a much bigger shit when trying to engineer a move away). Part of me quite enjoys the fact is hasn’t worked out - it’s a warning to others that the grass isn’t greener.

Not sure Christian would get in the team but if he did come back he’d certainly add to our squad. He also has no pace so can’t see any reason why he couldn’t play on for a good five years. I’m not sure there’s room for him in the team now Harry drops deep but he’d be a great option imo. Get the feeling he will end up leaving Italy, so hopefully Spain, Germany or france - wouldn’t want to see him turning out against us in the prem.

He trippled his wages with his Inter move (almost £220kpw if my memory serves me correctly, a wage we would have matched) Contract expires 2024 so i’d expect he will be there for a while yet.

Yeh, without subsidised wages he's stuck there....

IIRC I read it was 270kpw.

Back
Top Bottom