Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's be honest, Eriksen has very few options. He's on a big salary and there is now a big question mark over whether he is just a washed-up player now. I used to think that his form dropped so badly because his head was turned, but maybe his legs have just run out. Poch worked him very hard for 5 years and he never missed a game, Dele is the same. I'm not sure whether he's good enough for a big team anymore. He was always a cool customer but there was still a certain steeliness about him, now the fire has gone out of his eyes.

Such a shame that he spent the last year with us trying to line up a move to a bigger team and never even left the dressing room for the most important match in both his career and the history of Tottenham. If he had helped us win the CL with a big performance in the final, perhaps he could have got a superclub on the hook and maintained his appetite for the game. Instead it all seemed to drain away.

Let's be honest, Eriksen has very few options. He's on a big salary and there is now a big question mark over whether he is just a washed-up player now. I used to think that his form dropped so badly because his head was turned, but maybe his legs have just run out. Poch worked him very hard for 5 years and he never missed a game, Dele is the same. I'm not sure whether he's good enough for a big team anymore. He was always a cool customer but there was still a certain steeliness about him, now the fire has gone out of his eyes.

Such a shame that he spent the last year with us trying to line up a move to a bigger team and never even left the dressing room for the most important match in both his career and the history of Tottenham. If he had helped us win the CL with a big performance in the final, perhaps he could have got a superclub on the hook and maintained his appetite for the game. Instead it all seemed to drain away.
Yes the grass ain’t always greener.

Will be interesting to see the eriksen fanboy reactions if he did go to Woolwich. Considering the club wanted him to stay offered him a brilliant contact that was on the table for two years that he refused to sign and played with so much disinterest during that time that it was a joke. To then move to the scum a year after he moved on. It would be almost Judas levels of cuntyness.
I will ignore all talk of him going to Woolwich until it happens (i won't), and if it does (it won't) I will erase him as a Spurs player.

Christian never showed much outward passion or excitement about the game. I get the feeling he is just tired of it all and wouldn't be surprised to hear one day that it was a job for him.

This is obviously me searching for something and is probably false as Christian is just an inward focused dude.

West Ham target?!

Fuck me. 2020 really has been a shit year for Eriksen.
I wouldn't be able to face the humiliation of coming to WHL in a West Ham kit to face top of the table Spurs, after wanting to leave for "trophies".

I'd rather get bullied by Conte in italy.

There was a period about 2-3 years ago where he was pretty amazing for both us and Denmark. Everyone was raving about his free kicks and didn't he play a blinder for Denmark against rep of Ireland scoring 3. I remember the press were all over him calling him world class, even the muppet Durham on talksport raved about him.

Seems it all went to his head and he maybe believed the hype too much. Still a great player for us just soured a little by him downing tools. Hope he gets his game back, can be a joy to watch. Will probably go to Spain mid level team or as some said Germany

Back
Top Bottom