Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given his time back, Eriksen would have signed a new contract two years ago. He should have seen the writing on the wall when Madrid paid 100 million for Hazard with one year on his deal and didn’t want to pay for him. Not sure why he took the Inter move either.

Given his time back, Eriksen would have signed a new contract two years ago. He should have seen the writing on the wall when Madrid paid 100 million for Hazard with one year on his deal and didn’t want to pay for him. Not sure why he took the Inter move either.
The Milan move didn't surprise me - from his first interviews at Ajax, football has never seemed to be the most important thing in Eriksen's life. Its always seemed to be viewed as a means to an end - as a young man he spoke of wanting to use his football talents as a way to see the world. Milan is definitely a lifestyle destination to that effect.

Rumours are he prefers PSG to United, which would certainly fit that theory (though I'm not sure why either would be interested in him at the moment). I think he's only a couple seasons of turning up in the MLS in NY, LA, or Miami, honestly.

I love it when she gets all ratty

fire.gif

Absolute wanker and one of the most overrated players in the history of the club. Hope he goes there and enjoys his “new challenge” scrapping to stay up.

Oh I know that players are going to move when it suits, and the logic bit of me doesn't blame them, but the Spurs part of me (which is huge compared to the logic part) hates it when they move on, to our detriment.
I was in the Park Lane when he missed that penalty for ManU on his return
Funny 😆

Oh Teddy Teddy etc we sang

Still lost I think

Well he wanted to go to inter milan because it was a "Exciting" time to join them XD , Well i reckon his next club will be his last BIG club if he fails to impress there then he could easily be going down the divisions ........ Actually if he goes to Woolwich if that rumour is true then will be his last half a season in a top division until he is in the championship :levylol::levylol:

As an Inter supporter, I have to say goodbye to Eriksen, too.

Hope we don't sell him to one of our own or your rivals, but even if we do, I don't think we'll do them a favour, either. I don't know where would he fit right now, but if you ask me, guy is simply steadily declining and I doubt he'll ever regain his best form.

Italy is slower than the Prem, but you still have to fight hard to win every ball in midfield, engage in physical duels, tackle, track back, etc. Eriksen does very little of that and his attacking attributes are also eroding. It didn't go well for the lad.

However, best of luck, Christian.

EDIT: Congratulations for his newborn child, happy to hear the news.

Last edited:
As an Inter supporter, I have to say goodbye to Eriksen, too.

Hope we don't sell him to one of our own or your rivals, but even if we do, I don't think we'll do them a favour, either. I don't know where would he fit right now, but if you ask me, guy is simply steadily declining and I doubt he'll ever regain his best form.

Italy is slower than the Prem, but you still have to fight hard to win every ball in midfield, engage in physical duels, tackle, track back, etc. Eriksen does very little of that and his attacking attributes are also eroding. It didn't go well for the lad.

However, best of luck, Christian.
He’s 28, not 38.

Back
Top Bottom