Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As an Inter supporter, I have to say goodbye to Eriksen, too.

Hope we don't sell him to one of our own or your rivals, but even if we do, I don't think we'll do them a favour, either. I don't know where would he fit right now, but if you ask me, guy is simply steadily declining and I doubt he'll ever regain his best form.

Italy is slower than the Prem, but you still have to fight hard to win every ball in midfield, engage in physical duels, tackle, track back, etc. Eriksen does very little of that and his attacking attributes are also eroding. It didn't go well for the lad.

However, best of luck, Christian.

EDIT: Congratulations for his newborn child, happy to hear the news.
Hello. Thank you for coming here and not immediately acting like a twat.

There used to be one heck of a player there. Sadly, I think he spent the better part of a year and a half trying to force a move, and honestly I think he just fell out of love with the game during that time and has looked content to just trade on his reputation ever since.

There used to be one heck of a player there. Sadly, I think he spent the better part of a year and a half trying to force a move, and honestly I think he just fell out of love with the game during that time and has looked content to just trade on his reputation ever since.
Hello, thank you. I'm here from August (I think), but yes, haven't posted much. Why would I act like a twat, though? I was well - received here and have no reason to act like one.

Yeah I know all of that from you guys here. I understand the frustration and I'd feel the same way. I was excited when he signed for Inter, but it didn't turn out well. I agree that his desire for football is not the same anymore.

It is what it is.

Don't have anything against Inter, but I hate the idea that they're winning the league, and Eriksen getting a medal for just being in the squad and playing some random minutes. It just may justify his action after all despite all the poor performance he has been showing in the past few years.

Don't have anything against Inter, but I hate the idea that they're winning the league, and Eriksen getting a medal for just being in the squad and playing some random minutes. It just may justify his action after all despite all the poor performance he has been showing in the past few years.
Eriksen will leave in January, according to Inter's CEO. So if we win Serie A he won't even be here anyways.

Players still get winner medal after they leave in January if they make enough appearances. IIRC, Eto'o got medal after leaving for Russian club in January.
Eto'o spent two full years at Inter, he left for Russia in the summer 2011.

I've heard of such cases, but question is how dear is a medal to a player who left the club 4 months before.

What ? Just where does this come from ?!?

As an Inter supporter, I have to say goodbye to Eriksen, too.

Hope we don't sell him to one of our own or your rivals, but even if we do, I don't think we'll do them a favour, either. I don't know where would he fit right now, but if you ask me, guy is simply steadily declining and I doubt he'll ever regain his best form.

Italy is slower than the Prem, but you still have to fight hard to win every ball in midfield, engage in physical duels, tackle, track back, etc. Eriksen does very little of that and his attacking attributes are also eroding. It didn't go well for the lad.

However, best of luck, Christian.

EDIT: Congratulations for his newborn child, happy to hear the news.

You bought him mid season and he came from a club where he'd been in and out of the team due to the contract situation, and then of course the pandemic came. He was always going to need time to settle. He's a top class player and I don't believe he's found the Italian league necessarily that much more difficult. In fact many players move to Italy when they can no longer cope with the demands of the PL. The problem has always been he doesn't seem to be a player Conte wanted, and Conte can act like a complete cunt when he doesn't get what he wants or when he gets what be doesn't want. We saw that here in his second season at Chelsea. I don't think Milan was Eriksen's ideal destination either, but neither of the Spanish giants came in for him. It was just a very badly thought out signing on all sides.

Back
Top Bottom