Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You bought him mid season and he came from a club where he'd been in and out of the team due to the contract situation, and then of course the pandemic came. He was always going to need time to settle. He's a top class player and I don't believe he's found the Italian league necessarily that much more difficult. In fact many players move to Italy when they can no longer cope with the demands of the PL. The problem has always been he doesn't seem to be a player Conte wanted, and Conte can act like a complete cunt when he doesn't get what he wants or when he gets what be doesn't want. We saw that here in his second season at Chelsea. I don't think Milan was Eriksen's ideal destination either, but neither of the Spanish giants came in for him. It was just a very badly thought out signing on all sides.
And add his agent into the mix you’ve got sorry tale two football clubs and a half decent player and nobody is happy.

As an Inter supporter, I have to say goodbye to Eriksen, too.

Hope we don't sell him to one of our own or your rivals, but even if we do, I don't think we'll do them a favour, either. I don't know where would he fit right now, but if you ask me, guy is simply steadily declining and I doubt he'll ever regain his best form.

Italy is slower than the Prem, but you still have to fight hard to win every ball in midfield, engage in physical duels, tackle, track back, etc. Eriksen does very little of that and his attacking attributes are also eroding. It didn't go well for the lad.

However, best of luck, Christian.

EDIT: Congratulations for his newborn child, happy to hear the news.

I think Milan would actually suit him right now, the way they play and the personnel they have. Especially with the Calhanoglu situation right now (the contract situation).

I think Milan would actually suit him right now, the way they play and the personnel they have. Especially with the Calhanoglu situation right now (the contract situation).
Calhanoglu is trying to get exactly the figures Eriksen earns at Inter (or even less), and they can't meet his demands.

And if Conte is too much for Eriksen, I don't think Ibrahimovic's strictness in their dressing room will do him any good. He'll reprimand him for every single bad pass and Eriksen would sulk.

If Mourinho and Eriksen both want it and we got him on a 6 Mo loan with buy option I think I would do it too. I fancy Jose to decline the chance though.

Back
Top Bottom