Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Title of Bazali Bazali 's sex tape
GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
You ought to see stevee stevee ’s one
😱😱😱

Depravity doesn’t cover it trust me!

Hopefully he gets a move to a country that allows him to play with it in instead.

It sounds very risky to have him remove it so soon after putting it in.

Hopefully he gets a move to a country that allows him to play with it in instead.

It sounds very risky to have him remove it so soon after putting it in.

Surely a reunion with Ajax is on the cards, still gets to play at a top level (champ's league)

Why would the league allow him to play if he had it removed but not with it, surely that's more dangerous as it is there to protect him?

Their argument is that if he cannot play without it, his condition is so serious that he should not be allowed to play. So there is some logic to it. Either it was a one-off cardiac incident that has been resolved (and therefore the defibrillator is not necessary) or it is a chronic cardiac condition in which case a resumption of his football career is out of the question.

Their argument is that if he cannot play without it, his condition is so serious that he should not be allowed to play. So there is some logic to it. Either it was a one-off cardiac incident that has been resolved (and therefore the defibrillator is not necessary) or it is a chronic cardiac condition in which case a football career is out of the question.
Yep. It's an insurance nightmare. I doubt anyone is encouraging him to risk his life in order to play.

He's always come across as a smart guy, so maybe he can look into a career as a coach.

I think that is an Italian league rule so if he doesn’t want to remove it there are at least other options for him. The obvious one is Ajax as Sean mentioned, but I’m sure other clubs would be interested if he still wants to play.

Their argument is that if he cannot play without it, his condition is so serious that he should not be allowed to play. So there is some logic to it. Either it was a one-off cardiac incident that has been resolved (and therefore the defibrillator is not necessary) or it is a chronic cardiac condition in which case a resumption of his football career is out of the question.
I guess it's just an over simplification in the headline then, it comes across as them saying take it out and you can play, which if the medical advice is to have it (and obviously it is otherwise it wouldn't be there...) is irresponsible to even suggest.

But really they are basically saying he can't play.

It's true that Blind plays with an ICD but I don't think he ever had a cardiac incident like Eriksen's, he was diagnosed with myocarditis but he has never had an arrest as far as I'm aware. He had a dizzy spell which led to the ICD being fitted and then I think it deployed once during a match, but he's never had a full-on cardiac arrest like Eriksen.

But really they are basically saying he can't play.

Which is probably the right decision.

Seems to me the sensible decision is to retire, as he doesn't need to jeopardize his future health. But if there is a way for him to continue, in another league/country, then I assume he will take up the opportunity. He is still young enough to want to continue playing, but I hope he is given the right medical advice and he makes the right decision for him and his family.

Seems to me the sensible decision is to retire, as he doesn't need to jeopardize his future health. But if there is a way for him to continue, in another league/country, then I assume he will take up the opportunity. He is still young enough to want to continue playing, but I hope he is given the right medical advice and he makes the right decision for him and his family.
There are one or two less competitive leagues he could go to where he could see out the rest of his career and take it easier, shame though at only 28 he still had a lot to offer.

Not a medical professional but to me this sounds like the best advice.

What we all witnessed , was shocking enough and he has been lucky to survive. He seems an articulate man, and with his profile he can contribute a great deal "off" the footy field.

Either way, I wish him the best.

Back
Top Bottom