City banned from UCL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here’s something else they’ve been up to. What else will come out of the woodwork that they’ve tried to cover up or bully journalists into retracting?

No doubt the reason City have not cooperated is because we still don't know all the dodgy things they've done. There will be more, that’s the thing. So I do support good investigative reporters.

City have big problems now. They are tied into paying big wages to staff yet cannot continue paying the way they have before, it has to now be declared, meaning they will be in breach of FFP again. And at the same time they lose big revenue streams, both illegitimately inflated sponsorship deals which would not be accepted for FFP, and European football money. And the fine as well. And legal costs as well.

They will have to sell players, they need the cash and need to dump some wage liabilities. And, I expect, will continue some dodgy practices to try and appear to legitimately balance the books.

And the legal case takes time, so thats another problem. Do they bank on winning and change nothing, risking falling foul of FFP again if they then lose?

It’s a glorious nightmare for them.

Levy time. If City get a confirmed conviction I’d expect us to sue the arse out of City for every time they have finished above us particularly where it has cost us a CL position.

It Levy, ruthless as fuck but always within the rules, not sure that would be an issue.

There is loads outside of his control though - for example; just as he was firing off lawyers letters to the BBC complaining about The One Show Dele Alli was filming that video at the airport...

This whole thing smacks of the Old Elite Guard trying to stop the New Money from dining at the same table.

I have no particular dislike for City, I'd much rather them than Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Woolwich truth be told.

What annoys me is that Barca and Real Madrid have all the cards stacked in their favour, they virtually monopolize the TV revenues in Spain, In the PL its split a lot more evenly (and rightly so)

That's a far worse crime than a sugar daddy imo, as it keeps their boot heel on the throats of all the other Spanish clubs.

Even if Spurs possibly stand to gain from City's ejection, it doesn't sit well with me.

Levy time. If City get a confirmed conviction I’d expect us to sue the arse out of City for every time they have finished above us particularly where it has cost us a CL position.

I'm not so sure. Every club would do it, and City would be fucked financially. I do wonder what happens if the EPL fines them though, that money ought to go to the clubs who got fucked over but probably wont.

This whole thing smacks of the Old Elite Guard trying to stop the New Money from dining at the same table.

I have no particular dislike for City, I'd much rather them than Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Woolwich truth be told.

What annoys me is that Barca and Real Madrid have all the cards stacked in their favour, they virtually monopolize the TV revenues in Spain, In the PL its split a lot more evenly (and rightly so)

That's a far worse crime than a sugar daddy imo, as it keeps their boot heel on the throats of all the other Spanish clubs.

Even if Spurs possibly stand to gain from City's ejection, it doesn't sit well with me.
Spain have moved to a more equitable spit of tv money (since 2015) - not there yet but getting there, as they realised that the strength of the league was important Barcelona and Real Madrid claim lion’s share of La Liga TV money

100% the rules are in place to try and protect the old guard... but City signed up to the rules, said they were abiding while all the time were cooking the books. It doesnt matter if they are wrong or right on the larger issue they knew the rules and were breaking them.

Dangerous game to play - you have to be 100% certain you have never done anything wrong

That's another thing, right. Lots of people on here saying we are a club run the right way etc. which is generally assumed to be true but then again we don't really know. It's obvious we haven't done anything on the scale of City but are we really squeaky clean? Have we done dodgy transfer deals? Youth team deals? Have we done anything dodgy in the way we've financed the stadium build? Our sponsorship deals?

I think there is a long list of clubs who are likely more dodgy than us but still.

That's another thing, right. Lots of people on here saying we are a club run the right way etc. which is generally assumed to be true but then again we don't really know. It's obvious we haven't done anything on the scale of City but are we really squeaky clean? Have we done dodgy transfer deals? Youth team deals? Have we done anything dodgy in the way we've financed the stadium build? Our sponsorship deals?

I think there is a long list of clubs who are likely more dodgy than us but still.

I think you could potentially break rules without even knowing

There's having one or two blips in your accounting and then there's claiming that you're receiving ridiculous levels of sponsorship from an external company that is actually owned by the owner of your club in a thinly-veiled attempt to bypass FFP rules and pour money into your club.

Can't wait to see de Bruyne, Sterling, Ederson and Bernardo Silva hand in transfer requests in the summer at the thought of not being able to play in the Champions Leauge during the prime of their careers. That, paired with City being without £100m+ for not being in the CL and it'll be prime time for Levy to work his magic 😂 .

Back
Top Bottom