City banned from UCL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bad news for them. If it's Abu Dhabi that is behind their sponsorships, it means that their fraudulence is connected directly to their owners, and you don't even have to investigate if the third parties are related to the club (like Etihad). Would most likely be the end of Abu Dhabi's involvement in football if true, because it might result in a direct ban to Mansour etc.
And every single director of City...

Manchester City backers are not the sort to take punishment lying down

"These are just some of the ways of understanding Manchester City’s current dispute with Uefa, one that for all its clear footballing repercussions carries far more sinister overtones. Trawl the City messageboards in the wake of Uefa’s decision to ban the club from the Champions League for two seasons, and it won’t take you long to stumble across the rhetoric of scorched earth: of traitors and revolutionaries, violence and purgation, shady cartels and subhuman scum."

This has been the most shocking thing. Man City fans should be ashamed. I don't understand how any fans could continue to support them knowing the human rights record anyway, but they do.

This is scary from Bluemoon:

"I hope the Sheikh has a team scrutinising public statements - including those on Fan sites - for potential libel, and uses our very strict English libel law to his advantage. Could end up closing a few of the bastards down altogether. "

There are so many like this, I genuinely have not seen such so many disgusting statements from a set of football fans. It is pretty scary how many have sold their soul. They are acting like the despot's enforcers. Shameful...truly shameful.

"I hope the Sheikh has a team scrutinising public statements - including those on Fan sites - for potential libel, and uses our very strict English libel law to his advantage. Could end up closing a few of the bastards down altogether. "

There are so many like this, I genuinely have not seen such so many disgusting statements from a set of football fans. It is pretty scary how many have sold their soul. They are acting like the despot's enforcers. Shameful...truly shameful.
It's only worrying if the statements are false, and let's be honest most of the statements made aren't false.

There is no way they could go after forum statements.

At what point do they accept whats been done in their name. City had tremendous history and renowned fans now some of them are reduced to attack dogs for a theocratic dictartorship

Bluemoon has become off the wall home of the crazies. When you're marshling martin Samuel and Adrian durham as your chroniclers of truth and dragging in the death of caroline flack you have seriously lost the plot.

'HEY JOURNO'S. Hope you are having a lovely day. Whilst you're cutting and pasting, have a listen to Adrian Durham on drive last night (just go on listen again on talksport.com - I'm sure you can get someone young in the office to show you how to do it) and also read Martin Samual's articles over the last few days. These are two journalists that are not City, United, Liverpool or Woolwich fans - so unbiased - and look how they have KNOWLEDGE about what they are talking and writing about. Because of their skill and confidence in their professional ability, they can form a balanced and un biased view and not to scared shitless that they must write and speak about what their bosses agenda is instructing them to write. Professionalism guys and girls - go on I'm sure one or two of you have it lurking in there somewhere. Ok I know some of you are just sewer rats, but surely there's on or two more of you with an ounce of professionalism and pride left in you. REACH FOR IT YOU LOVELY, CARING PEOPLE (Caroline Flack would say hi if she could) Fortunately, City's owners are obviously strong enough and powerful enough to no succumb to the same fate as that poor woman did after your vile bullying. Anyway, you have a great day and I hope your families are well and secure in the fact that you are a huge contributer to lies, bullying, racism, unprofessionalism and slander. They must be very proud'

Bluemoon has become off the wall home of the crazies. When you're marshling martin Samuel and Adrian durham as your chroniclers of truth and dragging in the death of caroline flack you have seriously lost the plot.

'HEY JOURNO'S. Hope you are having a lovely day. Whilst you're cutting and pasting, have a listen to Adrian Durham on drive last night (just go on listen again on talksport.com - I'm sure you can get someone young in the office to show you how to do it) and also read Martin Samual's articles over the last few days. These are two journalists that are not City, United, Liverpool or Woolwich fans - so unbiased - and look how they have KNOWLEDGE about what they are talking and writing about. Because of their skill and confidence in their professional ability, they can form a balanced and un biased view and not to scared shitless that they must write and speak about what their bosses agenda is instructing them to write. Professionalism guys and girls - go on I'm sure one or two of you have it lurking in there somewhere. Ok I know some of you are just sewer rats, but surely there's on or two more of you with an ounce of professionalism and pride left in you. REACH FOR IT YOU LOVELY, CARING PEOPLE (Caroline Flack would say hi if she could) Fortunately, City's owners are obviously strong enough and powerful enough to no succumb to the same fate as that poor woman did after your vile bullying. Anyway, you have a great day and I hope your families are well and secure in the fact that you are a huge contributer to lies, bullying, racism, unprofessionalism and slander. They must be very proud'

That incoherent crap just seems like their version of Andersen Andersen .

More bluemoon shite

I get what @Ric is saying about our anger towards journalists poor reporting and constant bias against our club.
However, I think it is the journalists that need to be careful. There is only so much crap that will be tolerated before some pissed up blue takes it beyond words and meets them at the press entrance at the Etihad.
Then our whole fan base will be made out to be thugs.
I don't condone violence at all and urge all blues to avoid any confrontation with them. I just think it is the journalists responsibility to think about the bile the are writing and how it is pandering to non blues whilst at the same time infuriating blues of all ages and walks of life.
Because on match day there will be 50,000+ blues there. at least a few of them may be of the nature to whack a journalist and not give 2 hoots about the consequences.
Only a matter of time before a few hidings are dished out. Like anything in life if you constantly slag off someones passion then expect an aggressive response.

Manchester City are banned because they have been fixing numbers. By fixing i mean not fully disclosed outgoings and basically freerolled a few transfers. Not only is this illegal by law but also by UEFA and FA. Suck on that legal caramel when you sing blue moon.

Manchester City are banned because they have been fixing numbers. By fixing i mean not fully disclosed outgoings and basically freerolled a few transfers. Not only is this illegal by law but also by UEFA and FA. Suck on that legal caramel when you sing blue moon.
There was a good analogy on the Guardian football podcast last night.

Man City are not being treated this harshly as they broke FFP its because they falsified documents to hide the fact they broke FFP.

If you get a speeding ticket you may get a points +£70 fine but if you are caught lying about the speeding ticket to avoid points by saying someone else was driving you can get a custodial sentence.

There was a good analogy on the Guardian football podcast last night.

Man City are not being treated this harshly as they broke FFP its because they falsified documents to hide the fact they broke FFP.

If you get a speeding ticket you may get a points +£70 fine but if you are caught lying about the speeding ticket to avoid points by saying someone else was driving you can get a custodial sentence.
Hmmm well i think this time they got caught red handed.

Also, backed by sovereign wealth.

Back
Top Bottom