City banned from UCL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm well i think this time they got caught red handed.
I was agreeing with you.... *edit actually I am not - the key reason is they said the ~70M (?) was coming from Etihad when it wasnt it was funded by the Sheik who paid City via Etihad - not the disclosure of outgoings but the falsifying the source of incoming sponsorship.

More bluemoon shite

Only a matter of time before a few hidings are dished out. Like anything in life if you constantly slag off someones passion then expect an aggressive response.

Although there are undoubtedly some right fuck-knuggets in the journos biz, we're starting to see these kinds of threats more and more and it's not good for a democracy. Write what I agree with or you'll be beaten up. Shit, that Saudi guy was carved up pretty much in front of the world and fuck all has happened. Not a good time to be a serious journalist.

It's only worrying if the statements are false, and let's be honest most of the statements made aren't false.

There is no way they could go after forum statements.
Well Blackpool owners actually did, but my point is that City fans want to silence critics so much that they would like the owners to sue people on football forums.

Bluemoon has become off the wall home of the crazies. When you're marshling martin Samuel and Adrian durham as your chroniclers of truth and dragging in the death of caroline flack you have seriously lost the plot.

'HEY JOURNO'S. Hope you are having a lovely day. Whilst you're cutting and pasting, have a listen to Adrian Durham on drive last night (just go on listen again on talksport.com - I'm sure you can get someone young in the office to show you how to do it) and also read Martin Samual's articles over the last few days. These are two journalists that are not City, United, Liverpool or Woolwich fans - so unbiased - and look how they have KNOWLEDGE about what they are talking and writing about. Because of their skill and confidence in their professional ability, they can form a balanced and un biased view and not to scared shitless that they must write and speak about what their bosses agenda is instructing them to write. Professionalism guys and girls - go on I'm sure one or two of you have it lurking in there somewhere. Ok I know some of you are just sewer rats, but surely there's on or two more of you with an ounce of professionalism and pride left in you. REACH FOR IT YOU LOVELY, CARING PEOPLE (Caroline Flack would say hi if she could) Fortunately, City's owners are obviously strong enough and powerful enough to no succumb to the same fate as that poor woman did after your vile bullying. Anyway, you have a great day and I hope your families are well and secure in the fact that you are a huge contributer to lies, bullying, racism, unprofessionalism and slander. They must be very proud'

:mourfacepalm:

City CEO or whatever the fuck he is has got a bit cocky saying the ban will be overturned......

UFEA need to stand strong on this, the evidence is there (otherwise they wouldn’t have dished out the punishment so confidently).....if City challenge this and “obviously fail” UFEA need to slap another year on their European ban and maybe another 10m just to show everyone who’s boss.....

Chelsea not signing anyone after making such a drama of their transfer ban makes you wonder if they got wind of something and are sorting out their affairs as we speak......

A lot of people thought the FFP thing wasn’t being implemented fully, but it’s not something that can be assessed over a season, especially with very expensive accountants on the books of mega clubs, and these clubs got complacent.....now it’s going to come crashing down around them.....

VAR and shit atmospheres in grounds are slowly ruining the game on the field, let’s hope lawyers don’t start ruining it off the field......

You're already starting to see the goal posts move... "well UEFA is corrupt too, what gives them the right?" "What about PSG, they weren't banned like this??"

Whataboutism at its finest.

The biggest fucking disgrace of all in this is that this utterly crooked scam wasn't stopped before they made the most of it.

I remember hearing about it at the time and thinking it was just a blatant con. If I could see that, then why couldn't trained accountants and auditors?

Seeing Nevs comments on Sky Sports, he thinks FFP is rubbish because it makes the league LESS competetive.
Since FFP came about, Leicester have won the PL title, we had a good crack, Atletico have won La Liga and established themselves as a force in Europe.
Are you telling me the footballing world has become less competetive?
There's so much legit money in football now, anyone can rise with the right management.

It should be possible to hold the simultaneous beliefs that FFP is flawed and intended to protect the dominance of the traditionally elite clubs, but also believe that City has acted fraudulently to falsify revenues streams through self-dealing - and been materially supported by a sovereign nation - in violation of the spirit of not just the competition, but also of the entire game, and also took no exception to the rules when they were being drafted, nor declined to participate in the competition out of principle in protest to those rules.

City was fine with the rules when they felt that their implicit threat of legal extortion was more than enough to keep UEFA at bay, and focused on lesser, easier targets.

Fuck City.

Fuck city. Can't even fill their stadium most weekends yet want to stand with the top European clubs?

Some of their fans need a reality ( and history) check. And yet we have football experts like those parts, Neville and Carragher somehow defending financial doping as it allowed city to compete!

If that's the case then let's give forest and villa a billion pounds each, both of those clubs have a more illustrious history than city and surely should be allowed to compete?

City CEO or whatever the fuck he is has got a bit cocky saying the ban will be overturned......

UFEA need to stand strong on this, the evidence is there (otherwise they wouldn’t have dished out the punishment so confidently).....if City challenge this and “obviously fail” UFEA need to slap another year on their European ban and maybe another 10m just to show everyone who’s boss.....

Chelsea not signing anyone after making such a drama of their transfer ban makes you wonder if they got wind of something and are sorting out their affairs as we speak......

A lot of people thought the FFP thing wasn’t being implemented fully, but it’s not something that can be assessed over a season, especially with very expensive accountants on the books of mega clubs, and these clubs got complacent.....now it’s going to come crashing down around them.....

VAR and shit atmospheres in grounds are slowly ruining the game on the field, let’s hope lawyers don’t start ruining it off the field......
UEFA are required to go with the CAS recommendation - this is mandatory, they are not allowed to punish clubs for going to CAS this is the recommended process. In the same way City are not above the rules nor are UEFA (nor would we want them to be).

This was not discovered due to complacency on City's part but from a major hacking unreleated to City that allowed UEFA to discover that City were lying about the source of funds, it wasn't UEFA's due diligence that caught them.

In those same emails City internally discussed that they would prefer to spend £30M on lawyers than pay UEFA a fine, there is every chance that if CAS rules against them they will take UEFA to the courts proper to ague the case that FFP is illegal due to restriction of trade....

this could have a long way to go yet.

Bluemoon has become off the wall home of the crazies. When you're marshling martin Samuel and Adrian durham as your chroniclers of truth and dragging in the death of caroline flack you have seriously lost the plot.

'HEY JOURNO'S. Hope you are having a lovely day. Whilst you're cutting and pasting, have a listen to Adrian Durham on drive last night (just go on listen again on talksport.com - I'm sure you can get someone young in the office to show you how to do it) and also read Martin Samual's articles over the last few days. These are two journalists that are not City, United, Liverpool or Woolwich fans - so unbiased - and look how they have KNOWLEDGE about what they are talking and writing about. Because of their skill and confidence in their professional ability, they can form a balanced and un biased view and not to scared shitless that they must write and speak about what their bosses agenda is instructing them to write. Professionalism guys and girls - go on I'm sure one or two of you have it lurking in there somewhere. Ok I know some of you are just sewer rats, but surely there's on or two more of you with an ounce of professionalism and pride left in you. REACH FOR IT YOU LOVELY, CARING PEOPLE (Caroline Flack would say hi if she could) Fortunately, City's owners are obviously strong enough and powerful enough to no succumb to the same fate as that poor woman did after your vile bullying. Anyway, you have a great day and I hope your families are well and secure in the fact that you are a huge contributer to lies, bullying, racism, unprofessionalism and slander. They must be very proud'
I thought we could revise Godwin’s Law for this one, what do you think?

Durham’s Law

As one view of an online sporting argument becomes unsustainably incoherent the probability of quoting Adrian Durham as a source material increases exponentially.

That is, if an online sporting discussion (regardless of sport or club) goes on long enough, sooner or later the person losing the argument will turn, in desperation, to the brain diarrhoea that dribbles out of Adrian Durham’s mouth as “source material” or “reliable journalism”. The point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends as anyone with half a brain has broken down in laughter.

I thought we could revise Godwin’s Law for this one, what do you think?

Durham’s Law

As one view of an online sporting argument becomes unsustainably incoherent the probability of quoting Adrian Durham as a source material increases exponentially.

That is, if an online sporting discussion (regardless of sport or club) goes on long enough, sooner or later the person losing the argument will turn, in desperation, to the brain diarrhoea that dribbles out of Adrian Durham’s mouth as “source material” or “reliable journalism”. The point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends as anyone with half a brain has broken down in laughter.

Tinpot club, they should be banned for eternity from buying another player. They’ve had their fun now, fuck off back to league 2 and see how many of their ‘I was here in the dark days’ fans still turn up. They don’t even turn up now

Issue is always if you sell your soul to devil you become complicit.

take Chelsea, saved by a blood soaked Russian gangster who used the club to whitewash himself. They have no choice but to defend him because to not defend him and the billions he poured in would invalidate every trophy they have won.

City are the same, the guy who owns the club may also own slaves but they need to defend him at every turn. The whole of football knows whatever Chelsea or City win has an asterix next to it the same as an athlete that took drugs.

This is why it’s important if/when we get sold it’s not to some despotic regime. It makes us their whitewash.

Unfortunately anyone with the money to own a top level football team is likely to have acted pretty badly at some point - Joe Lewis is probably included in that

The biggest fucking disgrace of all in this is that this utterly crooked scam wasn't stopped before they made the most of it.

I remember hearing about it at the time and thinking it was just a blatant con. If I could see that, then why couldn't trained accountants and auditors?

Part of the issue is financial accounts are filed after the event.

For example a team cheating FFP this season probably won't need to legally file their accounts until March 2021....perhaps even later if they are a private company.

The football administrators are always 2 years behind the offence.

Sulky fans deserted them tonight.

Plastics. Why would/should any players/manager weather the storm for that lot?

Back
Top Bottom