City v Spurs 19/20 ratings and ramblings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
If you're going to base your thoughts on a presumption we should have lost 5-0 what's the point?

We can all list you games we should have won 5-0, last season Utd a Wembley for starters, but that's all hypothetical bollocks. The fact is we were in still in the game after 15 minutes that changed the way the next 75 minutes were played ... just as the 1st minute in the CL Final changed the way that game was played ...

To write several paragraphs about events that never happened? what's the point.

We packed the midfield, gave them the flanks and were the first team in 2019 to get a point at the Etihad ... your summation is that we did everything wrong ... go figure

Why do people want to rip everything down instead of praise the achievement ... sure City were better but we employed a strategy and battled for 95 minutes to make that strategy work ... was it pretty? was it creative? was it what we will do every week?

No of course not ... but instead of whinging and moaning think on this ....

Every team that goes to the Etihad attempts to shut down City out wide, double up on Sterling and cover Walker's overlapping runs ... how's that worked out for every single one of them in 2019? Every single one of them lost ... so Poch tries something radically different, packs the centre and exposes the flanks, he comes away as the first manager to take a point this year ... yet here are the regular keyboard "fans" lining up to criticise and explain how they would have done better ... just wow

Result aside we played very poor in that game if you cant see that the tactics we played contributed to that and we rode our luck for large portions of the game then you didn't watch it properly. But obviously the result was the most important part my concern was Poch choosing to play how we did when last year we set up tactically better 3 times against City alone, it was poor by Poch and the result didn't reflect the game.

And yes the United game last year is a great example of the reverse happening to us. It happens in football usually to us so I'm glad we got the luck for a change in a big game.

Plenty of teams have played much better then us against City and got beaten we got lucky simple as.
I'm very glad we did though obviously, but again I would rather we looked competitive then simple rode our luck.

Also thanks for then "fans" comment didn't realise that not being all sun and roses all the time and trying to have a constructive conversation on where I think we can improve as a side made me less of a "fan" glad you where here to point that out to me though

Back
Top Bottom