Club Or Country?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you prefer your country won a world cup or Spurs won the league?

• Club

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Country

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
The 1998 World Cup was the last one that had any mystique about it. There's so much football on TV and online these days that there are rarely any unknowns or a player you're desperate to see for the first time. I remember my school mates and myself all playing CM97/98 and being desperate to see Denilson play for the first time. You don't get that anymore.
Yep, panini sticker books came out months before the World Cup and all these players from all continents used to amaze me, with their little info box below, and I couldn’t wait to see them for the first time on TV......

TV football and endless fucking debate shows about it has really killed the romance of it all, WC & EC have lost its appeal, the FA cup has become a chore and the League cup has died long ago.

I feel sorry for younger fans who have never and will never experience the romance of football.

Yep, panini sticker books came out months before the World Cup and all these players from all continents used to amaze me, with their little info box below, and I couldn’t wait to see them for the first time on TV......

TV football and endless fucking debate shows about it has really killed the romance of it all, WC & EC have lost its appeal, the FA cup has become a chore and the League cup has died long ago.

I feel sorry for younger fans who have never and will never experience the romance of football.
With football being played all year round you don't get a proper break from it these days either.

Try qualifying that with an insightful expose’ of where I’m actually talking shit or forever hold your tongue on threads where more that two syllables are in common usage. :vdvshh:
Ok fucktard.

You support the IRA for what they did?

Do you support Isis for their stand?
Do you support Al Queda for what they did 18 years ago?

Or is you terrorist support limited to those nearby?

Did you live through the troubles? Did you wonder as a kid if you could go to places because of the bombs?

No one should support terrorism.

Ok fucktard.

You support the IRA for what they did?

Do you support Isis for their stand?
Do you support Al Queda for what they did 18 years ago?

Or is you terrorist support limited to those nearby?

Did you live through the troubles? Did you wonder as a kid if you could go to places because of the bombs?

No one should support terrorism.

As I said, perhaps replying on a thread where more than two syllables are used is best not suited for you as quite clearly you’ve gone off on a tangent based on your own distorted perception of my previous post rather than what I posted. Nowhere in that post have I suggested support for any form of terrorism and I really couldn’t give a rats behind that you grew up in a North of Ireland trouble spot.

As to the other nonsense you just spouted: if you took a little time to analyse the world events of 18 years ago and the organisations you spoke of rather than blindly accepting the historical and current common media narrative you’d be in a better position to debate such issues. It is quite clear by your rhetoric that you in 18 years - you have not asked sufficient questions or researched the subject for yourself so as to not have your perception controlled by others.

giphy.gif

Gotta say... after last night, I know it's club over country... purely down to the fact that I actually enjoyed watching England surrender a 5-1 lead to finish 5-3... and even didn't mind Kane missing a Pen (as it gets it out of his system, and is one less he has to miss for us!)

There's no way on earth I would have 'enjoyed' watching Spurs surrender a 5-1 advantage to finish 5-3... i'd have been pulling my fucking eyeballs out with raw, bitten nails, worried that it would've ended 5-5!!

didn't mind Kane missing a Pen (as it gets it out of his system, and is one less he has to miss for us!)
I am searching desperately for some crumb of logic from that statement but have so far not come up with anything. How, by missing a penalty for England against Kosovo, we can now assume Kane will miss one less for Spurs defies all comprehension.

I am searching desperately for some crumb of logic from that statement but have so far not come up with anything. How, by missing a penalty for England against Kosovo, we can now assume Kane will miss one less for Spurs defies all comprehension.

All penalty takers miss eventually, so rather he missed a nothing one for England, than a something one for Spurs, is I think his point. Coolest penalty taker I remember as a kid was Liverpool’s Phil Neal; I genuinely thought he could never miss, but of course he did miss eventually, and quite a few thereafter! :chicco:

Last edited:
You’re a knob:

Ireland is one country is the point. Why else would it offend some to say otherwise. The north of Ireland housing the occupied counties.
And I’m not accepting Eire just as the nationalists and republicans seemingly don’t!

I see you've fallen back on the last resort of a desperate man.

That being said, on reflection and re-reading your insightful, intelligent, well thought out and coherent arguments that Ireland is one country with your facts backed up by reliable sources.
Namely;
1) Ireland is one country because some gentlemen of the Republican persuasion gave you a few slaps for saying "Eire".
and
2) You do not agree with the current political situation in the island of Ireland.

I have decided that you are in fact correct that Ireland is one country, Therefore I wonder if I could ask you for two favours.

Firstly could you contact the RIRA and tell them that there is no need for them to manufacture and plant any more explosive devices as Ireland is one country.

And
Secondly could you contact the Government if the Republic of Ireland and the EU and tell them that there is no need for a hard border or a back stop as Ireland is one country.

Thanks
:adethumbup:

Crack-on with your divide and rule bollocks Mr.man.
I am 100% anti Zionist anti divide and rule shit -house policy. be it English, Scottish, or N. Irish - you go fuck yourself and your poison you cunt!

I’m. SOUTH LONDON SPURS !
Oh Dear I do seem to have touched a nerve.

I haven't posted an opinion on the politics of Ireland (if you ask me nicely I'll tell you my opinions on it) only stated facts and the fact is no matter how much you, I, or anyone else might want Ireland to be one country, it isn't.

Quote me where I have advocated divide and rule and quote where I have posted poison.
I'll wait.

As I said, perhaps replying on a thread where more than two syllables are used is best not suited for you as quite clearly you’ve gone off on a tangent based on your own distorted perception of my previous post rather than what I posted. Nowhere in that post have I suggested support for any form of terrorism and I really couldn’t give a rats behind that you grew up in a North of Ireland trouble spot.

As to the other nonsense you just spouted: if you took a little time to analyse the world events of 18 years ago and the organisations you spoke of rather than blindly accepting the historical and current common media narrative you’d be in a better position to debate such issues. It is quite clear by your rhetoric that you in 18 years - you have not asked sufficient questions or researched the subject for yourself so as to not have your perception controlled by others.
You can try your hardest and sound pseudo intelligent, you're not. You can try and talk down to me, and make yourself look like a thick ignorant prick, I don't give a shit.

You stated your support for a terrorist organisation and said you agree with them. Tell you what, give some of the victims families a call and tell them how much you support the IRA.

Acting the clever professor type when you are nothing more than a whimsical nerd with fuck all idea of what it's like to live through the troubles, that makes you the moron in this.

Best thing for you is an ignore, you spoil the rest of this forum

You can try your hardest and sound pseudo intelligent, you're not. You can try and talk down to me, and make yourself look like a thick ignorant prick, I don't give a shit.

You stated your support for a terrorist organisation and said you agree with them. Tell you what, give some of the victims families a call and tell them how much you support the IRA.

Acting the clever professor type when you are nothing more than a whimsical nerd with fuck all idea of what it's like to live through the troubles, that makes you the moron in this.

Best thing for you is an ignore, you spoil the rest of this forum

Over use of term “pseudo intelligent”, but I had you sussed earlier; try sticking to one username like the rest of us and you might get a conversation going.

Oh Dear I do seem to have touched a nerve.

I haven't posted an opinion on the politics of Ireland (if you ask me nicely I'll tell you my opinions on it) only stated facts and the fact is no matter how much you, I, or anyone else might want Ireland to be one country, it isn't.

Quote me where I have advocated divide and rule and quote where I have posted poison.
I'll wait.

My mistake Steve:

Please accept my genuine apology for naming you in my angry post of yesterday. I’d had a few vinos by then and was genuinely responding to the chap trying desperately to be a stone in my shoe. He knows who he is and has now put me on ignore. I hope.

I have decided that you are in fact correct that Ireland is one country, Therefore I wonder if I could ask you for two favours.

Firstly could you contact the RIRA and tell them that there is no need for them to manufacture and plant any more explosive devices as Ireland is one country.

And
Secondly could you contact the Government if the Republic of Ireland and the EU and tell them that there is no need for a hard border or a back stop as Ireland is one country.

Thanks
:adethumbup:

On your first point I doubt very much that any Irish dissident group would lend an ear to to my opinion Steve, or indeed take my advice; and neither do I have the luxury of having their acquaintance. On your second point though, I do have an opinion and it’s one I stated on many occasion.

There will be no escaping European federalism, therefore Brexit is a farcical sham.I knew it was so when I voted to leave the EU three years ago and said so at the time. Quite clearly there will be no - no deal exit either, and “any deal” will equate to at best a watered down remain in the EU.

The Ireland Britain issue and the back-stop you speak of, IMO is a non issue as nation states will be next to null and void once global regional power is set in place- and it will be!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom