Coaching staff

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Furball man

Supporter
🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
Maybe it deserves a thread

Are they shite? Are they brilliant or do they struggle to get potential out of players ?
From keepers , defence etc we never seem to learn from our often stupid mistakes.

Is there a mentality issue with the whole set up? We seem to be very fragile as a bunch & id presume confidence boosting is as much a part of football as running around a bit

Depends on which set of staff you’re on about. I think it would be unfair to be overly critical of anyone who came in with Conte.

We’ve improved a lot under Conte compared with Nuno…despite the Chelsea shite.

Depends on which set of staff you’re on about. I think it would be unfair to be overly critical of anyone who came in with Conte.

We’ve improved a lot under Conte compared with Nuno…despite the Chelsea shite.
I agree , I think we’ve improved since Conte but we are constantly making the same mistakes , especially in defence . Maybe it’s just that our players have a severe case of brain-farts but can’t they be coached composures? Perhaps we have a bunch of not very bright footballers

You look at Golini, you know he’ll concede before the game even kicks off. Sanchez makes the same mistakes, as do many . They are professional footballers , you’d think they’d be a bit streetwise on the pitch , but we all too often see deer in headlights.

Maybe it deserves a thread

Are they shite? Are they brilliant or do they struggle to get potential out of players ?
From keepers , defence etc we never seem to learn from our often stupid mistakes.

Is there a mentality issue with the whole set up? We seem to be very fragile as a bunch & id presume confidence boosting is as much a part of football as running around a bit

I was told on an FA course that in professional football most goals are conceded due to mistakes.
Had to watch MOTD and list them for a month.

It’s often that human error that makes the game what it is.

My tutor worked for Chelsea. And he had “borrowed” a load of first team stuff left over from mourinho / AVB days and it was crazy how structured their possession was. Think Ashley Cole in certain areas of the pitch had 4 passing lines. That was it.

The speed of decision is the main factor though. Premier league level moving down through the leagues you get more/less time depending how you look at it.

But mistakes happen. The best players make less. But they still make them.

I find it difficult to criticise players for making an honest mistake, as that's what all human beings do, they're not robots. The trouble with defenders, and especially keepers, is that their mistake is more likely to lead to a goal.
I'm not tactical, but I've always believed that attack is the best form of attack, and I don't really have a problem with conceding, as long as we score one more than the opposition!
I do think that our mentality seems to be lacking on the big occasions, and this goes back for several years, I still think that it's a scandal that the best team we've had in decades couldn't pick up at least one trophy.

I just recalled how Nuno won Manager of the Month to start the season, and I think I now know what it feels like to suffer from advanced dementia.

Back
Top Bottom