Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Baddiel has issued a statement :

its spurs fans fault, blame them, not us.

Ps does anyone know any funny comedians? Only my career has been in a rut for a while now and whilst the one show is great now and then to remind people I am not dead, I need to find a talented comedian I can team up with again to leech off. You know like the 1990s (except the blacking up bit, that was spurs fans that put me up to it and skinner, I was badly advised.

Love Dave

This is 2015, right? Or have we suddenly time warped to a bygone era? Bloody hell. Shocking that the fool has even suggested it. Dear oh dear.
spot on - its like the wall never came down. I think the only way to deal with this is to ban their clubs from all European competitions until the savages get the message.

I just couldn't quite believe what I was reading to be honest! Unbelievable attitude from that director. And sad, to be honest.
It's shocking but not uncommon, particularly for that area of Europe.

The attitudes towards ethnic minorities is appalling, and this confirms it.

The fact we allowed the Euro's to be held in Poland/Ukraine and the World Cup in Russia is pathetic, but just shows how little UEFA and FIFA care for their abysmal racism records.

Absolute Madness.

In the new ground i would like to see separate sections for the following fans:

Pro Y-Word.
Anti Y-Word.
Half Time Booers (I was saying boo-urns).
Bring Back Redknappers.
The Tactics Tim Win% Club.
Poch's "Berry Berry Happy" Brigade.
AVB's Beard Strokers.
Levy outs.
Happy Clappers.
Seventh Day New Stadium Deniers.

Last edited:
If racism exists in society I am unsure how anyone can ever believe it won't exist in all sport let alone football.

If there was no overt racism it would still be there.

Until we are honest with ourselves and until the privileged majority accept that privilege and all its manifestations we will never rid ourselves of one of the most senseless divisions known to man.

I have absolutely no fucking idea what planet Aluko is living on. She wants 30% BAME representation in top level jobs in UK Sport. But BAME only make up between 10%-13% of the population (depending on what source you look at) in the UK. So she is aiming for disproportionate levels of BAME individuals in top level sport which would end up putting white people at a disadvantage?

The point we should be hammering home to everyone is that of EQUALITY. We should be striving towards giving everyone equal opportunities to reach the top level in all aspects of life. Not giving people an advantage in life because of the colour of someone's skin. The hypocrisy is mindblowing and in a just world, she'd be sacked.

Last edited:

I have absolutely no fucking idea what planet Aluko is living on. She wants 30% BAME representation in top level jobs in UK Sport. But BAME only make up between 10%-13% of the population (depending on what source you look at) in the UK. So she is aiming for disproportionate levels of BAME individuals in top level sport which would end up putting white people at a disadvantage?

The point we should be hammering home to everyone is that of EQUALITY. We should be striving towards giving everyone equal opportunities to reach the top level in all aspects of life. Not giving people an advantage in life because of the colour of someone's skin. The hypocrisy is mindblowing and in a just world, she'd be sacked.

Eni Aluko is an idiot.

A brilliant way to address this. Get your iconic idolised manager to discuss it in an adult fashion, away from reporters sticking a microphone in your face in some provocative manner that always tends to solicit a defensive response.

Combating racism in football is just bullsh!t.

The issue is that racism exists in society.

It is not going to stop at the doors of stadia.

The scourge of the world alongside religious bigotry and poverty.

Yeah, nah.

Whilst racism exists in all walks of life, this is a football forum. The players / managers / Clubs have a platform / megaphone the average Joe doesn't.

We may never rid ourselves of racism, but each step, be it sport, business, etc in addressing it , is a step in the right direction.

Ridding ourselves of racists cunts, be it as a collective or, one by one, is a good thing.

The person who manages the Lazio eagle (an employee) who makes the fascist salute: horrible.
I hope to see from you too, from England, voices of indignation denouncing this serious behavior
cb24b22f79d5a9153f667d059576d63a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom