Combatting racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They shouldn't, and if that is true on a wide scale then education is at fault. Italian fascism may have been softer and less outwardly savage than Nazism, but it was still utterly barbaric and handed people over to Germany like cattle.

There's no room for nuance when it comes to fascism, not as far as I'm concerned. To be a proud supporter of the ideology as that man clearly is, you're put firmly in the 'piece of shit human being' pile. Ignorance isn't an excuse these days.
I thought they excused it by saying its a roman salute, nationalism rather than fascism. But only an excuse as its clear what it is.

A man has been charged with making an alleged racist gesture during a Premier League match at Newcastle.

The fan is accused of gesturing in the direction of visiting Tottenham Hotspur fans during the game at St James' Park on 17 October.

Shay Asher, 24, of Gibside View, Winlaton, Gateshead, has been charged with racial/religious intentional harassment, Northumbria Police said.

He will appear before magistrates in Newcastle on 27 April.

Supt Jamie Pitt, of Northumbria Police, said: "Ever since we were made aware of this alleged incident, we have been working with Newcastle United and our partners as part of a full and thorough investigation."

A man has been charged with making an alleged racist gesture during a Premier League match at Newcastle.

The fan is accused of gesturing in the direction of visiting Tottenham Hotspur fans during the game at St James' Park on 17 October.

Shay Asher, 24, of Gibside View, Winlaton, Gateshead, has been charged with racial/religious intentional harassment, Northumbria Police said.

He will appear before magistrates in Newcastle on 27 April.

Supt Jamie Pitt, of Northumbria Police, said: "Ever since we were made aware of this alleged incident, we have been working with Newcastle United and our partners as part of a full and thorough investigation."
Was this the prick who was photographed zieg heiling?

I find this quite strange tbh.
He’s been in football for 40 + years and been at a top level club recently. These type of things tend to run ahead of people.

He’s fucked now unless it turns out to be lies which I can’t see happening with the amount of players saying it’s true.. but also the club must have known. Two dressing rooms?? What’s that all about.

And maybe he’s just been particularly “out of touch” with what he’s been saying recently or has he always been like this behind closed doors?

But who knows. Not me.

Maybe Eddie Howe is using the same managerial style up at Newcastle these days.

I find this quite strange tbh.
He’s been in football for 40 + years and been at a top level club recently. These type of things tend to run ahead of people.

He’s fucked now unless it turns out to be lies which I can’t see happening with the amount of players saying it’s true.. but also the club must have known. Two dressing rooms?? What’s that all about.

THIS.

Back
Top Bottom