Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's awful. So if you are rich then you can cause someone's death and there is no real consequence. The women's young life was worth less than one weeks earnings it seems. I can't make sense of that in my head.

Assuming this is true. Alonso has forfeited his right to a privileged life. Absoulte cunt. All the dirty Russian money in the world won't wash the blood from your hands.

Asked "will Costa ever play for Chelsea again"
"Today it doesn't matter, as my players showed they can win blah blah blah"

Asked again "just to clear up the situation for the fans - will Costa ever play for Chelsea again, yes or no?"
"......why not"
Back next weekend then

Don't clubs have to get permission from the players club to talk to him ? So how does he know what he'll be getting?

He and his agent aren't strictly speaking allowed to speak to another club - but if a third 'independent' agent acting on behalf of the Chinese club were to mention over a coffee what wage they are willing to pay.....then that's okay under the rules, plus they've announced it via the press in any case.....

He and his agent aren't strictly speaking allowed to speak to another club - but if a third 'independent' agent acting on behalf of the Chinese club were to mention over a coffee what wage they are willing to pay.....then that's okay under the rules, plus they've announced it via the press in any case.....

So basically tapping up can be done as long as there's a middle man.

I know it's rife but teams & associations moan about ( well to the press etc) but I guess everyone gets a cut so everyone happy.

I think we'll lose Dembele to china in a year or so.

Its only a thing now because finally, Chelsea, Barcelona, Man U and Real etc are at a real risk from the exact thing they've done to other clubs as standard.

Its not a new thing....its just new because its from China, and the richest clubs in Europe are no longer the richest clubs in the world. I couldnt give a fuck, we are at no more risk than we ever was from losing players.

Its laughable that there is now a fear sweeping through the game.

You think Hull or Coventry or Bournemouth fans give a shit?

Man City fans now cacking it because they build teams from the pay checks available to greedy players. Oh well.

So basically tapping up can be done as long as there's a middle man.

I know it's rife but teams & associations moan about ( well to the press etc) but I guess everyone gets a cut so everyone happy.

I think we'll lose Dembele to china in a year or so.

Essentially, yes - clubs use agents to tap up and then even if caught just claim they had no knowledge.

FWIW Dembele said he'd stay at Spurs for as long as we want him in the summer - not sure he's a hugely ambitious person, which has it's negatives and positives in football.

Salary notwithstanding, a player who decides to piss off to China/Russia/America/Australia/India is either:

1) Lacking ambition in his prime years.

2) Towards the end of his career.

We can't take umbrage at them. Footballers also have mouths to feed. Everyone does his own cost-benefit analysis.

3RvNtwc.png

Is it just me who thinks Courtois is actually a bit shite.

He's not a keeper who ever stands out for having a blinder.

De Gea, Lloris, Begovic, Forster, Gomes, even Heaton all come to mind for a decent game in the sticks, but I can't recall Courtois being in form since the CL final with Atletico?

Back
Top Bottom