Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They'll be fine against us no doubt.

Sarri will have figured out by Thursday that Hazard up front doesn't work, he'll get him back out on the left wing to destroy Trippier whilst Hudson-Odoi will come in, with another point to prove, and be one of their most dangerous players again. They'll get alot of space like they did in the first leg and they'll start Giroud up top to aim their crosses towards.

We will need a heroic performance on Thursday - but I think we'll see it through.

I find myself in the strange position of actually quite liking both the Chavs and Woolwich managers.
I can't stand Emery, I'm not convinced by him at all, they look very similar to Wenger's team. They are a Hollywood Team who only occasionally turn up for certain games. Take a look at them today, closely and watch them walkout of the tunnel for the start of each half, all looking up at the TV screens in the stadium as they are being filmed. There's something fake about them, same with Emery, I think he's a marketeer, his appraisal of his team is marketing, just doesn't reflect the game.

I love the Sari story, gives us all hope if we are brave enough. I also like how he wants to play the game but have little real admiration for him so far, apart from Emery I think he's showing more balls.

I can't stand Emery, I'm not convinced by him at all, they look very similar to Wenger's team. They are a Hollywood Team who only occasionally turn up for certain games. Take a look at them today, closely and watch them walkout of the tunnel for the start of each half, all looking up at the TV screens in the stadium as they are being filmed. There's something fake about them, same with Emery, I think he's a marketeer, his appraisal of his team is marketing, just doesn't reflect the game.

I love the Sari story, gives us all hope if we are brave enough. I also like how he wants to play the game but have little real admiration for him so far, apart from Emery I think he's showing more balls.

Oh I don’t rate either of them. I just like the fact that they both come out with stuff to the media that must royally piss off their fans.

It depends how deep it goes. Conte said this when they played Woolwich in his first season “We must work a lot because we are a great team only on paper. [From] the first minute we did not have the right attitude. A bad attitude.” They then went unbeaten for ........

Perhaps one big difference is the presence of Abramhovic. In the past, he usually flys into Cobham putting the wind up whoever. He's in Jerusalem these days.
True, although I think what might be different here is every man and his dog can see when you have two of the world’s best players in Kante and Hazard....play them in their positions surely. This prob makes the character attack hard to swallow.

But then they are the <removed>s, so that shouldn’t be a problem

To add to that 'Hollywood' analogy. Whenever they miss a close chance or someone hits a great strike that just goes wide, on the replay you can just hear all the fans go "oooooooooooh" like they're at some sort of theatre show. I've only ever heard that at the Emirates.

Case in point was today when Aubamayang narrowly missed an over head kick.

True, although I think what might be different here is every man and his dog can see when you have two of the world’s best players in Kante and Hazard....play them in their positions surely. This prob makes the character attack hard to swallow.

But then they are the <removed>s, so that shouldn’t be a problem
Yeah fair point. They also have other options on the bench too. The biggest thing though is we've seen this with Chelsea numerous times. They are a yo-yo club, Champions - down tools - Champions.

He's got a squad of 25 players, youth teams doing very well, and about 75 players out on loan they can recall (or pay to do so, if not in the deal). Three players starting are his own signings, so he basically needs to find 8 players with the correct attitude from a pool of 100+ players.

Bench the players he's refering to and pick others.....or shut the fuck up :kaneshh:

I was out for lunch today ( a naff but likeable Cafe in North Chingford ) with my Mrs and kids. About 3pm there was a small mob of Gooners wandering past in hats and scarfs ( colours ) looking like a right bunch of bobble hat wearing pricks.

A bit later we walked past another, separate, bunch of similar dressed “people” near the station.

At that point my Mrs said “there seems to be loads of people around here today all dressed up like Where’s Wally? why ?”

After I stopped laughing I enjoyed explaining that they were poor deluded Woolwich unfortunates who, while actually being Wallies, were in the colours to support their team...

Little things in life....

Chelsea are an odd bunch, how they manage to be so high up despite being bang average is a mystery. And yet despite the obvious Higuain is joining them just before our second leg, shades of George Weah’s debut coming up I fear.

Completely disagree about Emery. He might not be in the Guadiola league, but I think he's a decent coach who's inherited a club after 20 years of Wenger and one very lax approach and despite that has managed to get them playing a different type of football tactically. More aggressive, pressing better, working as a team better without the ball. They have shit/injured defenders and a side built for different style. Their record in big games was shit recently under Wenger, which they've changed a little and managed to not just outplay us but were more aggressive, energetic and cohesive than us (very much like today). That just didn't happen under Wenger during the Poch era. The bloke's got a good track record, got Valencia into the CL twice despite them having major financial difficulties and having to sell their best players (eg Villa, Silva). At Sevilla he won the Europa league three years running. At PSG he inherited a fucking circus, all he could do was what he did, one league and about 6 cups, was robbed of a CL victory over Barca by terrible ref.

Sarri's great, but again, he's walking into a club that's had a completely different mind set for years (Conte/Mourinho) and his approach needs complete player buy in and owner support - like Poch gets here - but what they've got is an owner who has the patience of a small child and players who know it.

I think he's making mistakes using Kante the way he is, he needs to switch to a 2CM system or just drop Kante and play Barkley, RLC, AN Other in his place. And I'm sure he thinks he's going to turn Hazard into the new Mertens, but that's probably folly too, because we all know Hazards prone to sulk a bit if he's not enjoying his football, and he doesn't like having to play as a false 9, it puts too much responsibility onto him.

They went like 23 games unbeaten or something.

They had a really poor month but they are clearly way better than under Wenger periodically which is why they've been good in like every big game all season.

I just think coaches like Guardiola, Emery and Klopp have to get used to the extremely high level of competition and opposition when playing the bottom half teams.

You don't put out performances like they did against us, Chelsea, United and Liverpool by just luck, you do it through good and consistent coaching.

They're getting Higuain.
Question: If Higuain is announced before our replay. Is he allowed to play the game, or are we both locked to only using squad members that were registered by the time of the replay? I know it works like that in some leagues but not sure about in England.

The slag will play and the slag will score but Dele loves playing these vermin and i think he will steer us through with one of his majestic performances. The comments by fag ash Lil won't be well received by their players and we will be off to...................fucking Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom