Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question: If Higuain is announced before our replay. Is he allowed to play the game, or are we both locked to only using squad members that were registered by the time of the replay? I know it works like that in some leagues but not sure about in England.

Cant be registered between legs, no.

They went like 23 games unbeaten or something.

They had a really poor month but they are clearly way better than under Wenger periodically which is why they've been good in like every big game all season.

I just think coaches like Guardiola, Emery and Klopp have to get used to the extremely high level of competition and opposition when playing the bottom half teams.

You don't put out performances like they did against us, Chelsea, United and Liverpool by just luck, you do it through good and consistent coaching.
For me, I need to see evidence of this. He still doesn't know his best team or best formation, never seen a coach make as many subs at around half time as him. I'd argue the complete opposite of your position, a manager shouldn't need to motivate players in those games, it's the games against the other sides that show the approach and focus that's needed, that's the true mark for me to get the players playing every game (or as close to every game). There isn't a team in the league that doesn't relish the "big games".

Completely disagree about Emery. He might not be in the Guadiola league, but I think he's a decent coach who's inherited a club after 20 years of Wenger and one very lax approach and despite that has managed to get them playing a different type of football tactically. More aggressive, pressing better, working as a team better without the ball. They have shit/injured defenders and a side built for different style. Their record in big games was shit recently under Wenger, which they've changed a little and managed to not just outplay us but were more aggressive, energetic and cohesive than us (very much like today). That just didn't happen under Wenger during the Poch era. The bloke's got a good track record, got Valencia into the CL twice despite them having major financial difficulties and having to sell their best players (eg Villa, Silva). At Sevilla he won the Europa league three years running. At PSG he inherited a fucking circus, all he could do was what he did, one league and about 6 cups, was robbed of a CL victory over Barca by terrible ref.

Sarri's great, but again, he's walking into a club that's had a completely different mind set for years (Conte/Mourinho) and his approach needs complete player buy in and owner support - like Poch gets here - but what they've got is an owner who has the patience of a small child and players who know it.

I think he's making mistakes using Kante the way he is, he needs to switch to a 2CM system or just drop Kante and play Barkley, RLC, AN Other in his place. And I'm sure he thinks he's going to turn Hazard into the new Mertens, but that's probably folly too, because we all know Hazards prone to sulk a bit if he's not enjoying his football, and he doesn't like having to play as a false 9, it puts too much responsibility onto him.
I said, "I can't stand Emery" and that "I'm not convinced by him" this doesn't translate into he's a shit coach.

Last year under Wenger, at the Emirates, they out pressed us and deservedly won the game. They did EXACTLY the same to us under Emery this year. They were spanked by Liverpool last year just as they were this year. I don't see them playing very differently at all, but Wenger was a very good coach too (although I do agree his time was spent at the club). Yes, coming in after Wenger is a massive job and will take its time but I actually think as a Club they did everything right in changing the operations behind the scenes, a complete overhaul was done prior to Wenger leaving, this means they avoid (or at least prepare as best they can) what happened when Fergie left. It means he comes in as the coach, his focus is solely on the First Team, everything else has been taken care of. Time needs to play out whether they have got this right or not but my gut tells me they have largely addressed al the areas they should have to support a new coach coming in.

I said, "I can't stand Emery" and that "I'm not convinced by him" this doesn't translate into he's a shit coach.

Last year under Wenger, at the Emirates, they out pressed us and deservedly won the game. They did EXACTLY the same to us under Emery this year. They were spanked by Liverpool last year just as they were this year. I don't see them playing very differently at all, but Wenger was a very good coach too (although I do agree his time was spent at the club). Yes, coming in after Wenger is a massive job and will take its time but I actually think as a Club they did everything right in changing the operations behind the scenes, a complete overhaul was done prior to Wenger leaving, this means they avoid (or at least prepare as best they can) what happened when Fergie left. It means he comes in as the coach, his focus is solely on the First Team, everything else has been taken care of. Time needs to play out whether they have got this right or not but my gut tells me they have largely addressed al the areas they should have to support a new coach coming in.

Fair do’s.

Why can’t you stand him?

Emery's biggest achievement was the Europa successes with Seville. Or was it Monchi's?

The guy was a genius at Seville. Remember, Seville won a couple of EUFA trophies and got CL spots under OneDay Ramos, who showed his real level ever since.

Last 10 matches, just checked on Betexplorer - one really good performance/result. Against us typically, weakened through injury and 3 matches in 6 days (?). They've lost 3 - thrashed by LFC, Soton who were in relegation zone, and deservedly at Wet Spam, who really are nothing special.

Beating Sarri's ridiculous set up is nothing special. We showed how to destroy them - sit on Jorgihno and harry him into errors. Since then they've also lost to Wolves and Leicester, failed to beat Soton. Best performance/result in last 10 was beating City, who really should have been out of sight before Chavski scored.

Emery? Meh. Average. Defence? Conceded 32, that's the same as Palace (!) and more than Newcastle (!!!)

He's better than Sarri, but that's a very, very low bar. Chavskis are going balistic over the Hazard/Jorginho/Kante "tactics". He's not far off AVB idiocy there, ie let's play the high line with JT in the back 4.

Maybe a big call, but so long as Roman is still prepared to spend they'd be better off getting rid... Rinse and repeat otherwise.
It gets on my tits hearing him being compared to Messi and Ronaldo. He isn't fit to lace their boots.

I prefer footballers to keep it simple. Typically speaking, he likes to have two dozen touches of the ball before doing the square root of fuck all with it.

I watched the first half of their game against Woolwich. All he did was sulk. He's fucking toxic.

fair play to the guy; wanting to play more than earn £4.5m a year getting splinters in his arse

Got me wondering what BM are prepared to pay him tho'... Surely if they are pushing towards the £40m mark the they must be offering a wage somewhere in line with that fee...?

It gets on my tits hearing him being compared to Messi and Ronaldo. He isn't fit to lace their boots.

I prefer footballers to keep it simple. Typically speaking, he likes to have two dozen touches of the ball before doing the square root of fuck all with it.

I watched the first half of their game against Woolwich. All he did was sulk. He's fucking toxic.

I'd take the Bale that left us ahead of him every time.

Rather have Harry... Rather have Eriksen...

He's obviously a baller, but not the stand out player in the EPL for me (as per current hype)...

Not even sure he’s on the same level as Bale.

He’s obviously gifted, but yeah the hype is over the top. If he ended up at Madrid he’d essentially be their equivalent of Coutinho. Important, but certainly not their shining star.

Back
Top Bottom