Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure that their collapse in form is because since being eliminated from the CL, they haven’t had a meaningful game (to them).
Having said that, I don’t think teams that coast can just raise their game at will so I can’t see them beating Liverpool in the Cup Final.

Liverpool are on another level to them anyway and will still be fighting for a treble (if not a quadruple) so they'll be 100% motivated.

Envy the filth if you must.

It's not envy, I was just responding to this general assumption floating around that now RA has gone the club will go back to being a bunch of also rans never competing for anything. All I'm saying is that they existed before RA, were semi successful before RA, and I'm sure the new owners who have bailed them out to the tune of 4bn will also want to find a way of keeping the club at the top. Of course we can only dream that Boehly and his fellow investors have sunk all this money into the club to destroy the football side, demolish the ground, build homes on prime London real estate and leave the club no longer in existence whilst walking away puffing cigars and with a decent profit on their 4bn investment. We can but dream.

Cost rises in raw materials is mental.

Steel, glass, cement all seen huge increases. Let alone things like mdf, plyboard, stone, timber for interior works.

Easily cost minimum 50% more if starting today. Probably more. And that will increase as things bite this year.

Edit. Changed to 50%. This year alone steel has jumped 25%. Have seen timber rise 10% in December then another 20% in March.
Taking into account normal price rises and Brexit labour issues even that seems low on a build this scale.
Quartz and granite and glass all having big jumps. More than once a year. Glass and mirror is a nightmare.

I'm building a shed/man-cave and it's cost me £8000 so far. When I planned it two years ago I costed it around £2500-£3000. 4x2 has gone from £4 to £10 a length. Plasterboard and other sheet material has more than doubled. It cost me £1500 for fucking concrete for what is just 30m2.

So stands to reason that a stadium build would cost closer to 2 billion at least based on that lol.

It's not envy, I was just responding to this general assumption floating around that now RA has gone the club will go back to being a bunch of also rans never competing for anything. All I'm saying is that they existed before RA, were semi successful before RA, and I'm sure the new owners who have bailed them out to the tune of 4bn will also want to find a way of keeping the club at the top. Of course we can only dream that Boehly and his fellow investors have sunk all this money into the club to destroy the football side, demolish the ground, build homes on prime London real estate and leave the club no longer in existence whilst walking away puffing cigars and with a decent profit on their 4bn investment. We can but dream.

This article I just read is quite a good summary of that. The dodgers spent a lot initially when he bought them but apparently they needed to. I don’t think it is the same case here with the chavs. I really wouldn’t be surprised if they spent some money this summer because they need to in defence but they won’t be able to spend loads because of FFP and no wiggle room on that after spending so much in previous years. Basically they might spend, they might not but it is perceived that they won’t be run at a loss because that isnt what the new owners have done in the past. I doubt very much will look that different immediately either but gone are the days of them paying stupid wages to keep players and id think the stockpiling and loaning will stop too, which can only be a good thing for the sport.

Roman Abramovich was a £100m a season charity for Chelsea, they won’t have that again. So that means they will have to spend and scout much much wiser which is easier said than done.

This may also affect their herding up of academy prospects and overpaying them on masse to keep them away from other London clubs.

On the other hand, they’ve done this so well, and it is still cheaper than doing it with the first team, this may become an even more important part of their model.

This may also affect their herding up of academy prospects and overpaying them on masse to keep them away from other London clubs.

On the other hand, they’ve done this so well, and it is still cheaper than doing it with the first team, this may become an even more important part of their model.

It's helped them counterbalance the many expensive duds they buy; but even then (and despite all the doping derived prize money!) they still ended up losing 100m most seasons anyway.

It's helped them counterbalance the many expensive duds they buy; but even then (and despite all the doping derived prize money!) they still ended up losing 100m most seasons anyway.
And their continued doping deprived prize money is no longer guaranteed.
and now they’ll be hurt by buying duds, in a way that hasn’t happened in 2 decades.
even with my sensible head on, I believe that they are on a protected journey that will eventually arrive in their true home. Mid Championship.

Everyone seems to forget that Chelsea were a club going in the right direction even before the Russian arrived. They were winning domestic cups and a European trophy iirc and had top 4 finishes. It all started when that Harding bloke took over from Ken Bates in the mid 90's. During that period, 7 or 8 years, they still achieved more on the pitch than we have since Enic's 21 years in charge of us.
And almost going bust while doing so. Also got to remember that

And their continued doping deprived prize money is no longer guaranteed.
and now they’ll be hurt by buying duds, in a way that hasn’t happened in 2 decades.
even with my sensible head on, I believe that they are on a protected journey that will eventually arrive in their true home. Mid Championship.
Sharing a stadium somewhere just outside of London.

Alonso has fallen out with Tuchel apparently hence being taken off at half time at the weekend. Let's hope the bad feeling there spreads through the dressing room like wildfire and they completely down tools on the manager. They've done it before.

Alonso has fallen out with Tuchel apparently hence being taken off at half time at the weekend. Let's hope the bad feeling there spreads through the dressing room like wildfire and they completely down tools on the manager. They've done it before.

Alonso apparantely called him a mutherfucker before he got taken off :D

Back
Top Bottom