Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not to defend Roman or anything, but it does seem out of balance given the blind eye they've turned to the City owners who are directly guilty of a lot more than being associated and financially entangled with Putin. Roman/Chelea deserve this, but so do City. And if you're not going address the evil cunts in Manchester, it seems virtue signally to go in so hard at Chelsea.

Still worth celebrating, and their fans are pretty much despicable cunts down to the man, so no sorrow.
Try and keep up ,they only murder brown people. Americans!😒

From CaitlinCFC on The Shed End:

"This seems to just be political racism against Roman and the chance to create a big story. Stealing a football club will not make any difference to those getting attacked in Ukraine, neither is there any link. Why not do something that actually makes a difference."
Victims..

Just got a text from a mate who’s into finance and other boring crap. he reckons Chelsea are bang in trouble as the holding company owes Abramovich £1.5b and he can’t write it off even if he wants to..That means who ever buys the club will have to buy it with that debt and no one would do that..
He believes administration is a possibility..😂😂😂
But does a debt owed to someone who neither wants to or can accept it really still a debt?

Their credit would be fucked but who would be chasing for it?

But does a debt owed to someone who neither wants to or can accept it really still a debt?

Their credit would be fucked but who would be chasing for it.
Not totally sure but I doubt £1.5bn can be wiped out without it being owed to someone?
I think this will get messy with various possible outcomes..

I like the possibility of administration and will settle for nothing less😃

And the blind eye to the horrible shit that the Saudi government did when they invaded Yemen. Got to go after Newcastle as well
All three of them are in essence state enterprises, representing the different regime structures of those states.

It's not as clean of a line to draw as we might like, the Leicester owners produce all of their money through a monopoly license to duty-free shops from the Thai military junta that's basically the same thing as how Roman got Sibneft, and of course just generally nobody becomes a billionaire without co-opting the structures of government anywhere.

But "no state enterprises" is a worthy line to attempt to draw, and Newcastle proves they aren't even trying.

All of this is entirely, 100% separate from transfer spending and the competitive structure of the league, of course.

Not totally sure but I doubt £1.5bn can be wiped out without it being owed to someone?

I dunno. Unless there's some way of paying it to the people he stole it from it's not going anywhere. Chelsea can't afford it and nobody is going to cover it.

I know that's your original point, but I don't think it's as simple as them owing the funds.

Uncertainty is not an appealing thing in a transaction like this. And there's only so much certainty the government is going to be able to provide.

Not to defend Roman or anything, but it does seem out of balance given the blind eye they've turned to the City owners who are directly guilty of a lot more than being associated and financially entangled with Putin. Roman/Chelea deserve this, but so do City. And if you're not going address the evil cunts in Manchester, it seems virtue signally to go in so hard at Chelsea.

Still worth celebrating, and their fans are pretty much despicable cunts down to the man, so no sorrow.
They are not doing it because its "bad money" but we are in effect in a war with Russia and he is a supporter of the other side. I wish we were more moral in ownership but we are not.

They are not doing it because its "bad money" but we are in effect in a war with Russia and he is a supporter of the other side. I wish we were more moral in ownership but we are not.
I think its more symptomatic of the fact that we, in the west, want to make a show of being tough with Russia over the invasion but we don't actually want to go to war over this and in the end Ukraine is going to be absorbed by Russia and we just don't want to look like pricks that didn't care about it happening. But when the rubber meets the road, we just don't actually care to the point that we're moved to action.

I'm in 2 minds about the whole thing, mind you. But I feel this is more a product of making a show rather than actual attempt to effect change.

From CaitlinCFC on The Shed End:

"This seems to just be political racism against Roman and the chance to create a big story. Stealing a football club will not make any difference to those getting attacked in Ukraine, neither is there any link. Why not do something that actually makes a difference."
Political racism lol, guess racists have a lot of terms and distinctions for racism like the Inuit (not eskimos no no no) have many words for snow

Back
Top Bottom