Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't have to think he's better than Mane or as good as Son, but the 'he's a slight upgrade on what they have' is an objectively horseshit statement. He's so much better than Werner or Pulisic, it's a huge upgrade at LW for them.

You're at it again.... I wasn't making direct player comparisons to Werner etc.... I just don't think he'll elevate their attack as a whole much. I'm not solely fixated with stats either.

You think he's elite...... I think he's benefited from being part of an elite team..... I don't think he's gonna make Chelsea's front-line elite.

So what if he's been England's best player sometimes.... Other times he's been fucking awful.

Elite?

IMO; as at last season he's not even a top 3 EPL WFwd.

You're at it again.... I wasn't making direct player comparisons to Werner etc.... I just don't think he'll elevate their attack as a whole much. I'm not solely fixated with stats either.

You think he's elite...... I think he's benefited from being part of an elite team..... I don't think he's gonna make Chelsea's front-line elite.

So what if he's been England's best player sometimes.... Other times he's been fucking awful.

Elite?

IMO; as at last season he's not even a top 3 EPL WF.

Cool. Look forward to some really nice numbers to back up your arguments, till then au revoir.

So football is only about stats?

.......What's happening to you, man? :deledoubt:

No, but your mind is clearly made up on the player, and since you're not offering anything of substance to change my mind, further discourse is entirely pointless.

I've presented a very well written article with loads of data to support why I think he's elite and a significant upgrade on what Chelsea have. I've also presented a head to head comparison with a player almost everyone considers elite.

Against that it's just been subjective opinions based on a lot of lazy cliches, if I'm being honest. Not sure how I'm meant to engage with it other than 'okay, that's your opinion, great'.

No, but your mind is clearly made up on the player, and since you're not offering anything of substance to change my mind, further discourse is entirely pointless.

My opinion is an accumulation of 8-ish years of watching him.....

I've not tried to change your mind.

You called my opinion horse-shit and are getting antsy cos I'm not concurring to yours.

I've presented a very well written article with loads of data to support why I think he's elite and a significant upgrade on what Chelsea have. I've also presented a head to head comparison with a player almost everyone considers elite.

Against that it's just been subjective opinions based on a lot of lazy cliches, if I'm being honest. Not sure how I'm meant to engage with it other than 'okay, that's your opinion, great'.

I'm gonna remind you that YOU said he didn't press as well as Mane yet insinuated that I'm biased for preferring Mane. That's kinda absurd.

Look; if this time next year there is evidence that he did drastically improved the Chavs front line then you can call me out and gloat... Until then don't be so needlessly butt-hurt.

My opinion is an accumulation of 8-ish years of watching him.....

I've not tried to change your mind.

You called my opinion horse-shit and are getting antsy cos I'm not concurring to yours.

I'm gonna remind you that YOU said he didn't press as well as Mane and then accused me of collective bias for preferring Mane.

Look; if this time next year there is evidence that he did drastically improved the Chavs front line then you can call me out and gloat... Until then don't be so needlessly butt-hurt.

Uhhhh no I didn't. I said pressing was the only way they significantly differ statistically. You're perfectly welcome to prefer Mane, he was the benchmark. The point was that there's very little to suggest Sterling isn't on that level, and that level is far beyond Pulisic/Werner level.

I've got zero interest in gloating, if he flops at Chelsea .. wonderful. And I'm not 'butt hurt', just disinterested in further discussion. Partly because every post is being hit with an X and partly because nothing is being learned.

I don't know why either side is so obsessed with feeling the need to prove their argument, assuming the deal goes through then we will find out one way or another next season.

I personally think he's fucking trash (OK an exaggeration, I mean relative to how he is rated on the whole...) , who has benefited massively from the set up at City and a very potent Liverpool side before that, basically his whole career has been a case of right place right time.

I genuinely believe that if you could pop Lucas into the QPR academy and Sterling into the Sao Paulo academy, and have them each follow the exact same career path that the other took, then the stats would be almost exactly swapped over too.

If he goes to Chelsea and maintains a similar output to that he's had at City then I'll accept I was wrong and admit it, I just really don't think there is much danger of that.

I don't know why either side is so obsessed with feeling the need to prove their argument, assuming the deal goes through then we will find out one way or another next season.

I personally think he's fucking trash (OK an exaggeration, I mean relative to how he is rated on the whole...) , who has benefited massively from the set up at City and a very potent Liverpool side before that, basically his whole career has been a case of right place right time.

I genuinely believe that if you could pop Lucas into the QPR academy and Sterling into the Sao Paulo academy, and have them each follow the exact same career path that the other took, then the stats would be almost exactly swapped over too.

If he goes to Chelsea and maintains a similar output to that he's had at City then I'll accept I was wrong and admit it, I just really don't think there is much danger of that.

Yeah and this is something I just don't understand .. which is fine, we have completely different opinions and I don't think either of us will convince the other.

I just think the idea that he's just been 'lucky' enough to play & start for elite teams is really weak. I think he benefits from that City team no more than others, and if anything being an attacker for City can hurt your numbers because they have zero focal point.

Uhhhh no I didn't. I said pressing was the only way they significantly differ statistically.

Semantic drivvel....... That's one and the same thing.

You're perfectly welcome to prefer Mane, he was the benchmark. The point was that there's very little to suggest Sterling isn't on that level,

You may recall; I didn't bring Mane up to start with (again; t'was you)....... He wasn't nothing to do with my OG point.

and that level is far beyond Pulisic/Werner level.

Again; you brought those names up.... Not me.

I don't expect much overall improvement to their front line ops (similar overall approach; flaws remain; some similar; some different)....

Perhaps go back to re-read the OG post you contradicted.

I've got zero interest in gloating, if he flops at Chelsea .. wonderful. And I'm not 'butt hurt', just disinterested in further discussion. Partly because every post is being hit with an X a

Someone else is blowing kisses at you; so you get antsy with me?

Stay classy bro.

nd partly because nothing is being learned.

Forgive me; I didn't post my OG opinion in order to teach you anything.......

Far from obsessed mate.... If Deuterz Deuterz rates him more than me; I honestly don't care.

Just think it's bollocks throwing me in with some sketchy notion of collective bias.

My own sentiment to a tee.

I don't feel this is going anywhere so I don't want to engage further? Present some substance please?

So antsy .. my god.

Oh come on; don't pretend you've not decesnded into a pout.

Point is if you're riled by people blowing kisses at you then take it up with them..... I'm the one trying to have a civil convo with you.

Oh come on; don't pretend you've not decesnded into a pout.

Point is if you're riled by people blowing kisses at you then take it up with them..... I'm the one trying to have a civil convo with you.

I'm not in a pout, I just don't see anything being gained by continuing the 'debate'. My feeling is that what you think of him is set in stone, and nothing I 'present' will change that position. So it's going absolutely nowhere.

You don't rate him that highly, I do. We'll see how he does for Chelsea.

Yeah and this is something I just don't understand .. which is fine, we have completely different opinions and I don't think either of us will convince the other.

I just think the idea that he's just been 'lucky' enough to play & start for elite teams is really weak. I think he benefits from that City team no more than others,

.....Even if the theory instead is that everyone benefits from being in that City team; how does that negate a drop-off when he (or another player) leaves?

and if anything being an attacker for City can hurt your numbers because they have zero focal point.

........And he's moving to a club that a) aren't as good and b) also currently play without a focal point.

.....Even if the theory instead is that everyone benefits from being in that City team; how does that negate a drop-off when he (or another player) leaves?

........And he's moving to a club that a) aren't as good and b) also currently play without a focal point.

FYI I don't think City attackers, on the whole, benefit statistically that much from playing for City at all. They're very good players and usually play for City for a reason. Grealish fell off a cliff statistically last season after moving from Villa.

Sure, but he'll be their main source of goals/assists IMO. He's the star man of that front 3 now and I expect most play to go through him.

Some decent goals in here, as there will be when you score 100+, but the amount of tap ins here is absurd. I stopped counting after a while but there’s gotta be 30+ where he has an open net or no keeper. He deserves some credit for his positioning and aptitude in the box but he won’t get this level of service at Chelsea.

And this is what he’s good at. (The whole video is basically tap ins, one on ones with the keeper, and a few curlers). He’s not a great passer.

Some decent goals in here, as there will be when you score 100+, but the amount of tap ins here is absurd. I stopped counting after a while but there’s gotta be 30+ where he has an open net or no keeper. He deserves some credit for his positioning and aptitude in the box but he won’t get this level of service at Chelsea.

And this is what he’s good at. (The whole video is basically tap ins, one on ones with the keeper, and a few curlers). He’s not a great passer.

Not particularly but nor is he a bad one. And he's very good when it comes to putting balls in to the box. His big chances created stats are always really solid (very stand-out in a couple of seasons) and he often gets a high xA rating.

Back
Top Bottom