Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It tells me how influential Sterling has been there, and also tells me he has more assists than I thought he did.

Him + KDB have been Pep's most influential players since he joined City, imo. Really big loss for them as I don't expect Grealish to step up to the plate and be as productive. Haaland will fill a bit of a gap with his goals though.

Remember after Sterling joined being told how much pep was working on his positioning and where he needed to be receiving the ball / starting positions when City were in possession. It was a lot of work.

I think Grealish is finding it hard to adapt after being used as a ball carrier at Villa. But clearly Pep has faith in him to do a job. Be a big season for him.

Catching up with my mate back end of July -august.
Interesting to see what he has to say about haaland settling in there.

Remember after Sterling joined being told how much pep was working on his positioning and where he needed to be receiving the ball / starting positions when City were in possession. It was a lot of work.

I think Grealish is finding it hard to adapt after being used as a ball carrier at Villa. But clearly Pep has faith in him to do a job. Be a big season for him.

Catching up with my mate back end of July -august.
Interesting to see what he has to say about haaland settling in there.

Yeah it happens a lot with new City signings. Sane, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish etc have all had a season or so of adaptation before they begin to thrive. Learning that off the ball work and being more selfless is a big deal to Pep. Agree Grealish is struggling to go from a role where everything goes through his ability to carry the ball to being just another component.

Selling Sterling (seemingly without a true replacement?) is a big call from Pep. Lot of faith put in Grealish coming good for sure.

Christ, I was hoping they’d be done for after their Putin slushfund dried up. Turns out yet another sugar daddy was waiting in the wings!

Not bitter sir, not at all :contefacepalm2:
I don't see their transfer activity as any great show of muscle flexing. Sterling, Ake and Koulibaly. Sterling, maybe will work out, maybe not. Ake is a clusterfuck. koulibaly has been decent in Italy for several seasons but unknown how he'll do in the prem, 31 now as well.
If Tuchel goes this season, who do they go for next? They won't have that tractor beam pull they've had on every manager since the Russian arrived.
They were a well "oiled"machine under the Russian, they identified their signings and made it happen fast. The whole club management structure has departed and everything is moving slowly for them in the market and players are getting away from them. Boehly may be rich but he is a business man, no way is he splashing the cash for no return.

I don't see their transfer activity as any great show of muscle flexing. Sterling, Ake and Koulibaly. Sterling, maybe will work out, maybe not. Ake is a clusterfuck. koulibaly has been decent in Italy for several seasons but unknown how he'll do in the prem, 31 now as well.
If Tuchel goes this season, who do they go for next? They won't have that tractor beam pull they've had on every manager since the Russian arrived.
They were a well "oiled"machine under the Russian, they identified their signings and made it happen fast. The whole club management structure has departed and everything is moving slowly for them in the market and players are getting away from them. Boehly may be rich but he is a business man, no way is he splashing the cash for no return.

Hope you’re right! Something about seeing them nab both Sterling and Koulibaly in a 24hr period properly irked me…

cd1fd8e275e917700bb6d13339a4e9c7

What's with all these "I'm coming home" headlines"???

Coming "home" to the club who's fans racially abused you........??

"Home" was QPR you disrespectful oik.

Yeah it happens a lot with new City signings. Sane, Mahrez, Sterling, Grealish etc have all had a season or so of adaptation before they begin to thrive. Learning that off the ball work and being more selfless is a big deal to Pep. Agree Grealish is struggling to go from a role where everything goes through his ability to carry the ball to being just another component.

Selling Sterling (seemingly without a true replacement?) is a big call from Pep. Lot of faith put in Grealish coming good for sure.
Alverez is a replacement I imagine

Sterling levels up their left hand side. Koulibaly is a good Rudiger replacement.

Doing good business thus far. Maybe not volume wise but they possess depth. They're securing players who go straight in to the XI.

I don't rate either. I've watched Koulibaly alot and used to rave about him but he is increasingly immobile and no way what he was he is certainly not better or on a level with Rudiger. Ake and Koulibaly...Well Harry will enjoy that much more than he has.
I haven't watched much of him but always found it strange that he was continually linked to lots of clubs but no one made a move. I know he had a big release clause but he's been hanging around a Napoli team that have gone way downhill. Would have made sense to flog him last year 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sterling levels up their left hand side. Koulibaly is a good Rudiger replacement.

Doing good business thus far. Maybe not volume wise but they possess depth. they're securing players who go straight in to the XI.
Yeah, they'll be a threat if they keep going. So far though only Sterling is an improvement. Koulibaly is essentially standing still compared to last season.

If they get Kimpembe they’ll have an amazing defence. Better than ours. Wing backs about the same. Keeper slightly worse. Midfielders slightly better. Forwards slightly worse.

Will be a good battle for 3rd. We’ll both close the gap with Liverpool and City. Could come down to luck / injuries / world cup rest.

Would love to beat them.

If they get Kimpembe they’ll have an amazing defence. Better than ours. Wing backs about the same. Keeper slightly worse. Midfielders slightly better. Forwards slightly worse.

Will be a good battle for 3rd. We’ll both close the gap with Liverpool and City. Could come down to luck / injuries / world cup rest.

Would love to beat them.
tbh, I'd put Reece James and Chilwell over Perisic + Djed Spence(?)

Gonna have to hope Kimpembe and Koulibaly flop badly I guess.

tbh, I'd put Reece James and Chilwell over Perisic + Djed Spence(?)

Gonna have to hope Kimpembe and Koulibaly flop badly I guess.

I’d say most neutrals now would say Mendy>Lloris, James/Chilwell>Perisic Spence & would have their midfield as comfortably superior.

But I also think our attack is much better, not slightly. Even with Sterling who I really rate. Kane & Son are both a level ahead of anything they possess.

Would love to beat them.

They need a striker, they seriously need someone to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis, good strikers can pull you out of games if you're in the mire, we've seen that time and time again with Son and Kane.

They need a striker, they seriously need someone to put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis, good strikers can pull you out of games if you're in the mire, we've seen that time and time again with Son and Kane.
I actually think Ronaldo would do well there, could only see a disaster at man u (him doing well but the team doing worse) but at Chavs they could do with a goal scorer, they have plenty of legs behind.

Back
Top Bottom