Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's normally sad to see a football club in this state, even a rival. But Chelsea aren't a normal football club. They've been instrumental in the eradicaiton of competitiveness in this league, they're the ones who started the wave of absurd fees and wages which means even big clubs like Spurs and dare I say Woolwich can't compete with any regularity.

They've spent almost twenty years buying trophies and putting it all on the credit card, just assuming the bill would always be paid by daddy. Never asking where the money was coming from, or what would happen if the money dried up. Well, daddy's a crook and now he can't pay anymore you're going to find out.

While this is specifically about Russian sanctions, I just hope Man Citeh and Barcodes fans are watching this knowing that one day their taps might get turned off abruptly too.

I'm watching the Norwich/Chelsea game tonight, just to hear Norwich (of all clubs!) singing relegation chants at the away fans. Don't let me down!

Yer going down, yer going down...

Again. We'll never play you again...

etc...

The money was paid up front. It is usually difficult to recover losses in that situation unless the contract has some sort stated repudiatory event that is applicable. Then Nike will have to sue and in a few years maybe join the queue of creditors. They haven't got many liquid assets so it will be bloodbath.
You'd assume Nike's lawyers would have been careful enough to insert break clauses or termination clauses in the event one party causes reputational damage in some way.

But I'm not a lawyer, so I'm probably wildly out.

I'm watching the Norwich/Chelsea game tonight, just to hear Norwich (of all clubs!) singing relegation chants at the away fans. Don't let me down!

Yer going down, yer going down...

Again. We'll never play you again...

etc...
Except in the Champo

‘You’ll never sing that’

FNfMmkeXwAUaY9i
There's a lot of wasted blue printer ink on that notice - someone's in trouble.

#tightenyerbelts

You'd assume Nike's lawyers would have been careful enough to insert break clauses or termination clauses in the event one party causes reputational damage in some way.

But I'm not a lawyer, so I'm probably wildly out.
Someone on here will put you right doubtless

The money was paid up front. It is usually difficult to recover losses in that situation unless the contract has some sort stated repudiatory event that is applicable. Then Nike will have to sue and in a few years maybe join the queue of creditors. They haven't got many liquid assets so it will be bloodbath.
I suppose it depends on who comes out with control and what they want Chelsea to be. If the Supporters Trust ghet their "Golden Share" then I could envisage a summer firesale. Use the youth and rebuild the foundations of the club. It would be painful as hell for the glory hunting segment of the fanbase, but at least they would be in their rightful place as a football club.

Back
Top Bottom