Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got a text from a mate who’s into finance and other boring crap. he reckons Chelsea are bang in trouble as the holding company owes Abramovich £1.5b and he can’t write it off even if he wants to..That means who ever buys the club will have to buy it with that debt and no one would do that..
He believes administration is a possibility..😂😂😂
That’s actually an exceedingly good point.

From CaitlinCFC on The Shed End:

"This seems to just be political racism against Roman and the chance to create a big story. Stealing a football club will not make any difference to those getting attacked in Ukraine, neither is there any link. Why not do something that actually makes a difference."

From CaitlinCFC on The Shed End:

"This seems to just be political racism against Roman and the chance to create a big story. Stealing a football club will not make any difference to those getting attacked in Ukraine, neither is there any link. Why not do something that actually makes a difference."
Victims..

Just got a text from a mate who’s into finance and other boring crap. he reckons Chelsea are bang in trouble as the holding company owes Abramovich £1.5b and he can’t write it off even if he wants to..That means who ever buys the club will have to buy it with that debt and no one would do that..
He believes administration is a possibility..😂😂😂
But does a debt owed to someone who neither wants to or can accept it really still a debt?

Their credit would be fucked but who would be chasing for it?

Mate Roman can't by a curry with PayPal his assets are frozen. Meaning he can't sell his mobile back to EE or top up an Oyster card. Oh and I have it on good,authority the government can't just write a waver to enable the sale of a frozen asset as Jordan is suggesting, it is a legal minefield which Abramovich can legally contest. Either way this WILL NOT be quick

are his assets frozen globally? What about accounts in some other random country or in another companies name. I can't for one minute believe a backhander, separate from the club sale will not go to him via a non-UK or a country who is freezing his assets.

Whilst 'THREE' are the first to want to sever ties, they wont be the last, and more importantly it would be a pretty big PR disaster for any new company to be associated to them going forward. Gone are the days of mega sponsorship deals from the big brands.

But does a debt owed to someone who neither wants to or can accept it really still a debt?

Their credit would be fucked but who would be chasing for it.
Not totally sure but I doubt £1.5bn can be wiped out without it being owed to someone?
I think this will get messy with various possible outcomes..

I like the possibility of administration and will settle for nothing less😃

Wasn't there some dispute between John Terry and Chelsea over his stupid monkey pictures using Chelsea kits in them? Maybe Chelsea own those pictures due to imaging rights.
Please please please take his stupid monkey pictures off him
:contepray:

And the blind eye to the horrible shit that the Saudi government did when they invaded Yemen. Got to go after Newcastle as well
All three of them are in essence state enterprises, representing the different regime structures of those states.

It's not as clean of a line to draw as we might like, the Leicester owners produce all of their money through a monopoly license to duty-free shops from the Thai military junta that's basically the same thing as how Roman got Sibneft, and of course just generally nobody becomes a billionaire without co-opting the structures of government anywhere.

But "no state enterprises" is a worthy line to attempt to draw, and Newcastle proves they aren't even trying.

All of this is entirely, 100% separate from transfer spending and the competitive structure of the league, of course.

Not totally sure but I doubt £1.5bn can be wiped out without it being owed to someone?

I dunno. Unless there's some way of paying it to the people he stole it from it's not going anywhere. Chelsea can't afford it and nobody is going to cover it.

I know that's your original point, but I don't think it's as simple as them owing the funds.

The shirt sponsor 3 have just asked for it to be suspend. Let's hope Nike follow suit now if not get petition going so they do
Gonna be playing in their pants at the weekend.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Uncertainty is not an appealing thing in a transaction like this. And there's only so much certainty the government is going to be able to provide.

Back
Top Bottom