Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mrw GIF

The problem is that that doesn't make legal sense. He could pay £1.5 billion from funds received to him. So it is from his personal fortune. He could still do that anyway remember. It was essentially a bribe hence the public nature of the offer. Now that he can't receive the money, I fail to see how the Club, the government or the administrators (of it comes to that) could just give £1.5 billion away in a private transaction. Especially if there are creditors in line.

The only person in the scenario I outlined giving away money would be RA in not receiving the money.

Chelsea fc is solvent so could pay creditors regardless of the transaction.

However the holding company Fordstam Limited shows a loan due to RA (or an offshore company said to be owned by him) of circa £1.5 bn, and is insolvent if that loan were to be repaid to RA. But if RA is to formally write off that loan as part of the sale process the issue with creditors goes away.

Going to be a fun contract to write to ensure (a) legitimate creditors are not screwed and (b) proceeds of sale go to a worthy cause,

OK, let's assume Chelsea win the Norwich game:
9 point deduction

3Arse-anal251248
4Chelsea273647
5Man Utd28747
6WHU281145
7Spurs26845
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

I'm trying my best not to be like a kid on Christmas morning here because of the terrible events that have created this situation. But I'm very much like a kid on Christmas morning here :cool:

Can Chelsea afford away travel, given the government budget?​

BBC senior sports news reporter Laura Scott:

The government has set a limit of £20,000 per team per match for travel to and from matches.

BBC Sport understands the club considers the £20,000 cap to be too low to allow it to operate normally, and this is a pressing matter given next week the men's team travel to Lille in the Champions League.

With sponsors likely to desert Chelsea (sponsors want a positive marketing boost for their money - Chelsea give the exact opposite atm) as 3 did today, Chelsea will have to cut back on its spend.

So Chelsea cannot afford the old 'normality' which was funded by blood money.

And by using commercial flights and limiting travel to the playing squad and coaches (say 25 - 30 people travelling) £20k spend is more than enough for a return ticket and average hotel. No longer a need to have lots of hangers on at away matches so no more bloated costs

Chelsea were a yo yo club flitting between the old First Division and Second division before Abramovitch put his blood money into the club.

Only seems right that they return to a pre RA existence

Whataboutism is the most stupid answer to any criticism. The Tories over the last decade have managed to turn London into the money laundering capital of the world.
To be fair London has always been the money laundering capital of the world. The city of London does as it pleases, it's above UK law.

Back
Top Bottom