Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are the government passing the buck here so the Portuguese can be blamed for it falling over if they turn it down?

That won't happen of course, but you wouldn't put it past our lot in charge of the country!

It was a tweet from that Ben Jacobs bloke that seems to be in with chelsea

I think it’s deadlines for European competition etc, I’ll try and find the tweet

Cheers. This was posted on another football forum o_O

Source: politico morning politics newsletter (gets lots of inside info)

24 HOURS TO SAVE CHELSEA: There are major developments in the footballing world today as the U.K. government warns that if a deal to sell Chelsea is not closed imminently then the club may be barred from the Premier League next season. The government is due to approve the £4 billion sale to a consortium led by American investor Todd Boehly, but a senior Whitehall insider briefs the FT’s George Parker it “still has major hurdles to overcome” as Portuguese authorities also have to approved the deal due to current owner Roman Abramovich’s citizenship in that country. The U.K. government is now in intense discussion with Portugal and the European Commission to provide them the assurances they need to licence the deal.

One government source struck a very somber tone: “It’s transfer deadline day for Chelsea and I’m seriously worried about the outcome. If the deal doesn’t get final sign off today, the sale probably can’t happen in time — that could mean Chelsea out of the league. Even if HMG grants the licence today, it’s not clear that Portugal will do the same. It’s going to come down to the wire, and unless something changes I’m not optimistic.”

I fucking hope that the Portugeezer who has to decide is a fucking spurs fan.
if they fuck Chavs I think everyone will have Portugal as their favourite holiday destination.
so badly want to witness the absolute demise of this shit stain of a club.
not bitter or anything.
Season 6 Car Over Cliff GIF by ABC Network

Are the government passing the buck here so the Portuguese can be blamed for it falling over if they turn it down?

That won't happen of course, but you wouldn't put it past our lot in charge of the country!

This deal is very unclear on several points - the Portugese nationality has been know for a long time so surprised its first mentioned now as a possible barrier.

The loan situation is very unclear - does this mean Chelsea need to repay the loan to a bank account controlled by HMG (for further distribution to 'Ukraine causes) ? Are buyers then putting in another dollop of equity to cover the loan thereby 'washing all previous FFP breaches away ?

Maybe the Portugese issue has just surfaced as a ay to put pressure on Abramovitch to agree certain monetary issues like where sales proceeds go.

Clear as mud, but maybe because a PR person has written it without someone with more expertise on the deal reviewing it first ?

In fairness to the government they have gone well above and beyond the call for Chelsea. They could easily have let the sanctions work instead of giving special exception and Chelsea would be bankrupt. Leeds and Derby didn’t get special help for their issues but Chelsea have and Chelsea even got called a cultural asset by a government minister.

If the U.K. government bends over further it will set a prescedent that the government needs to back all U.K. football teams and save them at all times and if not then it will create an argument over why Chelsea are special and need to be saved at all times.

The source is a major publication so would be a bit surprised

They are a big source but you would think a few journalists would pick up on it. I just did a google and Twitter search and found no other source backing this up. A few said the deadline is just a fake push to move the deal along.

Dunno now if I would prefer Chelsea to get punished next season like a points deduction (+transfer ban again)than now so the scum don't get there CL spot :levyeyes:

They are a big source but you would think a few journalists would pick up on it. I just did a google and Twitter search and found no other source backing this up. A few said the deadline is just a fake push to move the deal along.
The deadline has to June 6th no? When the meeting to decide the league structure of the coming season and trash out fixtures. If it isn't done then they are cooked.

Back
Top Bottom