Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just looked at those highlights for the first time today - that clearance off the line was kicked straight onto Foden's foot. Brilliant clearance but bloody hell, lucky or what!!

Yeh.... Could have ricocheted anywhere off of Foden.

Cracking save by Courtois on the 2nd Grealish chance too.....

Seen the tough end of the crowd saying JG missed 2 open goals...... Harsh!!!

Yeh.... Could have ricocheted anywhere off of Foden.

Cracking save by Courtois on the 2nd Grealish chance too.....

Seen the tough end of the crowd saying JG missed 2 open goals...... Harsh!!!

Ridiculously harsh. People have a weird agenda with him and I don't get it .. the pricetag maybe? The fact he's a bit flashy?

Struggled to adapt to City as B. Silva and Mahrez both did, but he's a talented footballer and vs Madrid he offered more in 5-10 minutes than many of their other creatives did across 90. Pricetag shouldn't be held against him, he was never worth that and City were very silly paying it.

Ridiculously harsh. People have a weird agenda with him and I don't get it .. the pricetag maybe? The fact he's a bit flashy?

Struggled to adapt to City as B. Silva and Mahrez both did, but he's a talented footballer and vs Madrid he offered more in 5-10 minutes than many of their other creatives did across 90. Pricetag shouldn't be held against him, he was never worth that and City were very silly paying it.

I think people instinctually buck back against over-hyped players a bit.

....Though, yeh, there's a few more layers to the Grealish bashing.

Price.
City-factor.... (Myself included tbh, I want everyone that goes there to bomb.)
Proven dick off the field.

I think people instinctually buck back against over-hyped players a bit.

....Though, yeh, there's a few more layers to the Grealish bashing.

Price.
City-factor.... (Myself included tbh, I want everyone that goes there to bomb.)
Proven dick off the field.

He was fantastic to Villa, great fun to watch. But you got the sense he needed to be the main man, get loads of the ball and feel loved. He's just one of many good players at City. Mahrez had to adapt to this and maybe Grealish will too, who knows. I feel like the only time he was overhyped was the Euros where for some reason England fans decided he was Messi.

He was fantastic to Villa, great fun to watch. But you got the sense he needed to be the main man, get loads of the ball and feel loved. He's just one of many good players at City. Mahrez had to adapt to this and maybe Grealish will too, who knows. I feel like the only time he was overhyped was the Euros where for some reason England fans decided he was Messi.
The main thing is that he's a moron. A proper low IQ, don't know what an encylopedia is level moron.

He always slows things down. Tries to force chance and goals with his ability on the ball instead of understanding the state of play and making good decisions.

If he was coached by a more direct coach, he'd be forced to play quicker, pass earlier, and make runs in behind, and those technical abilities would make him one of the best in the world.

The main thing is that he's a moron. A proper low IQ, don't know what an encylopedia is level moron.

He always slows things down. Tries to force chance and goals with his ability on the ball instead of understanding the state of play and making good decisions.

If he was coached by a more direct coach, he'd be forced to play quicker, pass earlier, and make runs in behind, and those technical abilities would make him one of the best in the world.

Yeah he's a player who works on instinct. Get his head down, beat players and see what happens. He's brilliant at it (hence why he's always the most fouled) and he has the technical ability to pick a cross or pass but as you say, he doesn't get his head up and think enough. It's whether Pep can still work with that or they cut their losses.

charlie-kane-brother-of-harry-kane-of-england-attends-the-2018-fifa-picture-id996642948

Barcodes will probably beat Citeh to the CL now
Slightly harsh. City aren't in quite the same position as PSG, but it's a similar dynamic. They both take it for granted that they're going to pump an obligatory 4 goals past everyone they meet. Another club shows up and actually means to play for the result against them, and it's like "What is this? They're not supposed to try to beat us!"

Slightly harsh. City aren't in quite the same position as PSG, but it's a similar dynamic. They both take it for granted that they're going to pump an obligatory 4 goals past everyone they meet. Another club shows up and actually means to play for the result against them, and it's like "What is this? They're not supposed to try to beat us!"

Eh .. Madrid ran away with it far more than City this season, they had the comfiest of domestic seasons. I just think certain teams have an insecurity/pressure in that competition, for PSG/City the CL has been built up as the ONLY thing that matters currently and it's too much, at the first sign of trouble they panic and lose it.

Chelsea had a similar deal at first, took them a lot of attempts and they didn't even do it with their best teams. There's just that level of luck/nerve/whatever you want to call it required in a cup competition and certain clubs seem to have that.

Got to say this is some put down by Guardiola lool

Agreed. Pudits were fucking waffling. It was almost pure dumb luck that Real won that game.

At least against Spurs and Lyon there was real back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom