Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprises me. That's a looooot of faith being put in Palmer and also Grealish. If the latter doesn't step up at all this season they could face a real issue on that LW.

Great that they are putting a lot of faith in a young English kid though, it is what they should be doing. I’m surprised they aren’t going for someone like Raphinha or even Eriksen though to fill out the squad a bit. Both would be good options for them.

“I just go with the flow. I’ve always just played footy ‘cos I enjoy it.

“I probably got quite serious when I was 15 or 16 and realised how good I was. But even now, if I didn’t still love it I’d just go and work on the farm with my dad.

“I can live off not too much money, unlike some people. I don’t do too much with my money. I spend most of it on food. Ice cream – I love ice cream. With this new contract, I’ll just buy more ice-cream..."

:tanguyhuh:

A very, very bitter City fan....

THIS is EVERYTHING wrong with football fandom now. The idea that a footballer is shit (or good) because he's won (or not won) a medal at something shouldn't even be in the discussion. Individual quality isn't measured this way, all medals/honours are given as a result of team performance. It's this kind of shit that's seeped into the game since the likes of TalkSport and clickbait social media that's infuriating. It shouldn't bother me but because it's now a daily thing I think that's why it does.

Does this guy seriously believe that Son would be a better player tomorrow if he played for Madrid, or if Kane was a City player he would be a better performer than he is now? Stupid twat.

Last edited:
THIS is EVERYTHING wrong with football fandom now. The idea that a footballer is shit (or good) because he's won (or not won) a medal at something should even be in the discussion. Individual quality isn't measured this way, all medals/honours are given as a result of team performance. It's this kind of shit that's seeped into the game since the likes of TalkSport and clickbait social media that's infuriating. It shouldn't bother me but because it's now a daily thing I think that's why it does.

Does this guy seriously believe that Son would be a better player tomorrow if he played for Madrid, or if Kane was a City player he would be a better performer than he is now? Stupid twat.

The idea that Grealish, Sterling or anyone else who's played on the left for them is better than Son is fucking deluded.

The idea that Grealish, Sterling or anyone else who's played on the left for them is better than Son is fucking deluded.
I think Sterling is great, not comparable to each other as they structurally play differently (at least asked to perform different functions). I also think the same of Grealish. This season I think he'll be very influential for them, as it's rare that any of Pep'e attacking players have signed flourish in their first season.

Perhaps the closest comparison stylistically and functionally would have been Sane, who whilst I thought was a very good player, he wasn't on Son's level even when Sane played for man City. I had this argument at the time with many a Spurs fan on this very forum for that matter. He absolutely isn't shit but the hype that surrounded him (and the relative quiet surrounding Son) I think blinded many on who was the better player. Not just on their output but on their impact on the team itself both on and off the pitch. (The was a reason why Sane was dropped for both City and Germany, then sold by City).

This has been brought to discussion on TS atm...... The expert being interviewed is coming with all the info and research and Matterface & Grey are just glossing over everything saying "Oh, but it all looks lovely and Mansour has done wonderful things for the Manchester"....

A suspicious man would suggest large sections of the media have been bought off to shut down scrutiny/criticism of the shady cunts (ditto Abromovic).

Meanwhile, the Abu shieks are refusing to comment.

THIS is EVERYTHING wrong with football fandom now. The idea that a footballer is shit (or good) because he's won (or not won) a medal at something shouldn't even be in the discussion. Individual quality isn't measured this way, all medals/honours are given as a result of team performance. It's this kind of shit that's seeped into the game since the likes of TalkSport and clickbait social media that's infuriating. It shouldn't bother me but because it's now a daily thing I think that's why it does.

He doesn’t believe it at all. Buvey is a troll, he gets his kicks saying outrageous shit on these podcasts. It’s his whole personality, it’s what he ‘adds’.

Look at the little sideways grin whenever he says something stupid, it’s his tell. He just enjoys the attention of saying something controversial, it gives him the limelight.

Back
Top Bottom