Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:levylol: :pochlol::mourlmao::mourpointlaugh::moursmall:

Just wanted to say I think it's truly remarkable how little they've achieved considering the money they've spent. Just a couple of league titles to show for it - never made a dent in Europe's top competition and being pounded to pieces by Liverpool in the league, despite spending far more.

Just a couple of league titles to show for it
I know - just a couple. :levystare:

Listen, they are a good team and to them today means nothing more than more intrusive press conferences (in which every paper will still touch the forelock) and the promotion of the idea that the CL was the actual target all along.

Don't give a f*ck. Today was about us. Lucky? Clinical? Defensive?

All of the above thanks. Hard lines.

I know - just a couple. :levystare:

Listen, they are a good team and to them today means nothing more than more intrusive press conferences (in which every paper will still touch the forelock) and the promotion of the idea that the CL was the actual target all along.

Don't give a f*ck. Today was about us. Lucky? Clinical? Defensive?

All of the above thanks. Hard lines.

Deadly serious. Given their limitless resources two league titles in four or five years is a pretty average return. The CL is the yardstick the true giants measure themselves by.

As for us today - I agree. Combination of all three, I think - we rode our luck but the set up and tactics were correct. Plus the team was very disciplined and hard-working in the second half. Good team performance.

Only in my spare time. I just think it's all a bit meh for a team that has spent the GDP of a small nation.
But to be fair, the spend is kinda moot. They are not Leeds in that they are not gambling with money they can't repay.

It's a wash. First is better than second but whatever it doesn't matter. CL is more important because of what happens behind the scenes with global sponsorship and nothing to do with trophies but because of how the brand might be laundered and made palatable for all.

Oil is finite. Advertising revenue seemingly is not.

But to be fair, the spend is kinda moot. They are not Leeds in that they are not gambling with money they can't repay.

It's a wash. First is better than second but whatever it doesn't matter. CL is more important because of what happens behind the scenes with global sponsorship and nothing to do with trophies but because of how the brand might be laundered and made palatable for all.

Oil is finite. Advertising revenue seemingly is not.

I don't understand your point here.... They're far worse than Leeds. Leeds made said gamble and paid the price... City as a club have risked nothing.

Cunts like City, PSG & Chavski are the nouveaux filth of football.

In the same way that all the dodgy doping-derived Athletics records of the 70's mean nothing, the trophies these clubs accumulate similarly mean fuck all too.

Yeh - but like this comment from BlueMoon in response to a comment about the Zinchenko sending off being soft and 'which law':

'The unofficial law that says "thou shall not be an utter bellend & push someone over when they are virtually past you & through on goal & you're already on a yellow'

Known a few decent City fans from the Shaun Goater days. Not their fault dirty oil money has ruined their club. Proper fans back in the day.

TBH, I'd rather they were at full strength for the rest of the season so they can batter all the teams around us. Same as Liverpool..... We've played them both twice now so fuck it.
Sterling’s not in great form I think they will be better off being forced in to playing Bernardo

mirror8.jpg

Suddenly our front line = Sancho / Ings / Hudson-Odoi

:carrollwtf:

Add to that over-rated chumps like Stones & Rice (+ Henderson playing outside the confines of Klopps system) and all the enthusiasm for the Euro's dries up very quickly!

Back
Top Bottom