Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The scenes...

That got a whole lot more depressing when I realised it's on a private jet.

c2d.jpg

Blood Money 1
Respectful and tolerant values -100(x 1 million)

A football club owned and run by an entire country, That has spent more money than any football club in (British?)football history has just won the league - not really a shock is it ?

Stop and think about what this means and it becomes ridiculously depressing. There is no “achievement” to be marvelled at. There is no respect to be given. There is nothing to offer but grudging acceptance and bewilderment that it’s been allowed to happen at all. Buy the air and no one else can breathe.

..:.now indulge me as I over step the fun mark and point out that the despots who run City deserve scorn and shaming not praise and cheers.

They run City football group and they run a country. A country where if a woman is rapped they can ( and often do) end up in prison!

A country where a gay person can be sentenced to death or if lucky something like a minimum 14 years jail term.

A country that routently indulges in such punishments as flogging and stoning, considering both to be legitimate punishments to many “mundate” crimes, like kissing in public for example.

A tip. Should you be unlucky enough to become a domestic worker in UAE remember to be always be positive and thankful - as long as City are winning you can forget your troubles and no one will care that your “boss” won’t allow you even any basic human rights and you will essentially be slave and likely to be raped as and when someone more wealthy than you decides it’s your time. Take comfort that those whom allow that to happen to you are paying Ya Ya Toure £250k a week for nothing.

Oh and don’t be a migrant worker either, that’s probably even worse a fate than domestic servitude in UAE, even Joe Hart’s subsided wages won’t help you come to terms with what your government allows to happen to you.

And if you don’t love City enough the rulers can always dabble in a little Forced Disappearance and Torture, it’s an option to ensure you don’t all fail to clap along to Kyle Walker and his mates as they count their beans and tell us hard hard they “worked” to win.

I do not feel it is possible to separate the UAE Government and their regime from the owners of Man City. As they are essentially the same thing. And frankly I believe in tolerance, respect, justice and human rights. None of which I recognise in their systems. I am not saying I am right or hold a moral high ground, I get things wrong and to those I am likely to be poorly judged but if I were to accept that all these people stand for is absolutely fine provided they spend vast amounts of money a high profile western vanity project, I do not feel I can be comfortable with that acceptance.

An investment designed to legitimatise a regime and country that should, in theory, be utterly rejected by anyone holding progressive and tolerant “western” / humanitarian values, is not an investment I believe should be so quickly praised.

Blue moon. Choke on it. I despise you.

Last edited:
Embarrassing beyond words. How did they manage to get so many people to make idiots of themselves....unless they're paid actors!! What the heck is wrong with an open top bus parade and a celebratory DVD??? Just proves the old adage - all the money in the world can't buy you class.
They're clearly CRISIS ACTORS!!
the whole THING has been staged...
Look closely, they're all pixelated reptilians!
#ITNEVERREALLYHAPPENED

Blood Money 1
Respectful and tolerant values -100(x 1 million)

A football club owned and run by an entire country, That has spent more money than any football club in (British?)football history has just won the league - not really a shock is it ?

Stop and think about what this means and it becomes ridiculously depressing. There is no “achievement” to be marvelled at. There is no respect to be given. There is nothing to offer but grudging acceptance and bewilderment that it’s been allowed to happen at all. Buy the air and no one else can breathe.

..:.now indulge me as I over step the fun mark and point out that the despots who run City deserve scorn and shaming not praise and cheers.

They run City football group and they run a country. A country where if a woman is rapped they can ( and often do) end up in prison!

A country where a gay person can be sentenced to death or if lucky something like a minimum 14 years jail term.

A country that routently indulges in such punishments as flogging and stoning, considering both to be legitimate punishments to many “mundate” crimes, like kissing in public for example.

A tip. Should you be unlucky enough to become a domestic worker in UAE remember to be always be positive and thankful - as long as City are winning you can forget your troubles and no one will care that your “boss” won’t allow you even any basic human rights and you will essentially be slave and likely to be raped as and when someone more wealthy than you decides it’s your time. Take comfort that those whom allow that to happen to you are paying Ya Ya Toure £250k a week for nothing.

Oh and don’t be a migrant worker either, that’s probably even worse a fate than domestic servitude in UAE, even Joe Hart’s subsided wages won’t help you come to terms with what your government allows to happen to you.

And if you don’t love City enough the rulers can always dabble in a little Forced Disappearance and Torture, it’s an option to ensure you don’t all fail to clap along to Kyle Walker and his mates as they count their beans and tell us hard hard they “worked” to win.

I do not feel it is possible to separate the UAE Government and their regime from the owners of Man City. As they are essentially the same thing. And frankly I believe in tolerance, respect, justice and human rights. None of which I recognise in their systems. I am not saying I am right or hold a moral high ground, I get things wrong and to those I am likely to be poorly judged but if I were to accept that all these people stand for is absolutely fine provided they spend vast amounts of money a high profile western vanity project, I do not feel I can be comfortable with that acceptance.

An investment designed to legitimatise a regime and country that should, in theory, be utterly rejected by anyone holding progressive and tolerant “western” / humanitarian values, is not an investment I believe should be so quickly praised.

Blue moon. Choke on it. I despise you.
"If you agree with what he said, Clap your hands/stomp your feet/shout Hurrah!"

We are now being forced fed, the brilliance of Pep.

He wanted
Alexis Sánchez in Jan because - why not. How is that good management?

BBC.."Guardiola's 'beautiful football' great for English game - Lineker" Fuck me, can't anyone see its not real, not sustainable, not football thats honestly competitive. He brings in players as if its a video game and doesnt have any abilities or desire and time to bring on youngsters. Poch, bringing players through is good for the game, Rafael Benítez sticking with New Utd in the Championship is good for the game. Eddie Howe at a small club doing wonders is good for the game.

The sooner he goes taking JM with him the better for English football.

We are now being forced fed, the brilliance of Pep.

He wanted
Alexis Sánchez in Jan because - why not. How is that good management?

BBC.."Guardiola's 'beautiful football' great for English game - Lineker" Fuck me, can't anyone see its not real, not sustainable, not football thats honestly competitive. He brings in players as if its a video game and doesnt have any abilities or desire and time to bring on youngsters. Poch, bringing players through is good for the game, Rafael Benítez sticking with New Utd in the Championship is good for the game. Eddie Howe at a small club doing wonders is good for the game.

The sooner he goes taking JM with him the better for English football.

And talk that they plan on spending over £200m in the summer.

Ffs.

There's no glory in what they achieve, nine at all. Yes the football is pretty but so it fucking well should be!

Cheeky bid for Foden? He's never going to get a chance at Citeh.

I realise that a lot of the posts in this thread look like bitter jealousy, but i agree with all of them.
It´s frightening how quickly media an the general public normalise this kind of stuff. First with Chelsea and now with City.

I do think though that Pep has shown his ability to get the absolute best out of his players. I know he has an unlimited transfer and wage budget, but look at mourinho, or even some of his predecessors at City, to see how you can still get it wrong. We need to remove the slating of guardiola from this argument in my opinion.Sure, a lot of managers could win the league with those resources, but probably not by playing such attractive and effective football. It´s the club itself that is a complete fucking disgrace. It turns my stomach when I see Gav from Manchester tweeting ´thank you Sheik Mansour.' This just proves that they would be nothing without the wealth of an entire nation, and that their fanbase don´t give a fuck about being associated with that regime.

If some Arab state bought us tomorrow and we won the league next season, I would probablystill watch, still be happy to see professionals like Kane and Vertonghen achieve their dreams of winning major honours. But I would genuinely think twice about lording it over other fans because it would be completely artificial.

Another huge advantage that teams like city, chelsea united have is that they don't have to constantly contend with rumours saying their best players want out so they can be paid more.

Another huge advantage that teams like city, chelsea united have is that they don't have to constantly contend with rumours saying their best players want out so they can be paid more.
True in the main.

But Hazard has been linked with RM for years now, Courtois also. Neymar was linked with moves away, and still is. Ronaldo too but appreciate this was his camp doing it, just before he always penned a new deal.

With us, it's 24/7 who's leaving, who isn't paid enough.

True in the main.

But Hazard has been linked with RM for years now, Courtois also. Neymar was linked with moves away, and still is. Ronaldo too but appreciate this was his camp doing it, just before he always penned a new deal.

With us, it's 24/7 who's leaving, who isn't paid enough.
true although that's rarely about how much they can be paid.

Back
Top Bottom