Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully more young Englishmen follow his example until there are changes made across the league to improve chances for youngsters to move up the ranks.

This is not an issue at just City, Chelsea and Spurs. But the entire league that needs to be taken care of.
if Brexit happens, I wonder how this will effect future transfers from Europe.
Could the PL then introduce a quota on how many "foreign" players are allowed.

if Brexit happens, I wonder how this will effect future transfers from Europe.
Could the PL then introduce a quota on how many "foreign" players are allowed.
yes we could - homegrown was a fudge to comply with EU freedom of movement rules, other members of UEFA have different requirements ( noticeably Turkey who's homegrown players cost grew loads and not the expected quality as they "made it" without the additional competition).

In reality I reckon we will change homegrown to British and that's it - its up to the EU on how they wish to categorize our players.

Shoulda been ours as part of the Walker deal. Extremely fucking annoying.
Ask me, the Walker (terms, obviously not medical)side of the city transfer was already done and agreed before he went to see Pochettino. City had the whip hand and knew it. Sancho may or may not have joined us if city gave us the nod, but they knew they didn't have to

Sadly, football is just a reflection of society. We let that fall apart too. Short of an uprising, there's nothing we can do to stop this happening. At best, all this attention will slow everything down by a year or two. Our attention spans are so short that we'll forget all about this and the media, concentrating on whatever gets the clicks, will ignore it when it starts up again.

Back
Top Bottom