Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive gamble this for City I think. He's clearly a brilliant manager but struggling to think of a single club /manager that when the sparkle no longer sparkles that they've been able to turn it around. Fergie never lost his sparkle, whereas City most certainly has. Maybe they simply have the money to rebuild the team, as in almost every other case it's the manager that goes as it's the cheaper option.

They've cheated FFP once already. Im sure they will do it again and he will get another blank cheque book.

Massive gamble this for City I think. He's clearly a brilliant manager but struggling to think of a single club /manager that when the sparkle no longer sparkles that they've been able to turn it around. Fergie never lost his sparkle, whereas City most certainly has. Maybe they simply have the money to rebuild the team, as in almost every other case it's the manager that goes as it's the cheaper option.

He HAS to win the ECL or his legacy is tarnished he is all in, or screwed. Good as I don't think he copes well with pressure! He over thinks and fucks it up.

I can't think of any other club over the years that has underachieved against us so badly in head to heads.

So many matches when they've absolutely battered us at times, and we somehow tough it out for a result.

A Poch match comes to mind, they were 1-0 up near HT and it could have been 5. Result? 4-1 to us.

Poch again - a 2-2 up there (Walker somehow not being pinged for a pen and a red card)

Poch - 2-1 up there with Lamela coming on late on and running through a knackered MF for CE.

Poch - Pep's first 6 games i/c and 6 wins on the trot. Meeja saying - "Citeh going to go unbeaten this season, hell they might win EVERY MATCH!!!" Kane injured, Son playing false number 9, 2-0 to Spurs and we even missed a pen to make it 3-0.

The CL matches - surely we can't beat them over 180 mins? Haha with that pen miss. Haha with Llorente's "goal". Haha with that Sterling "winner".

The day the Kippax was re-opened, we knocked them out the cup, they went ahead, we even missed a pen, was it 4-1? 4-2 to us?

They're beating us in the '81 final, it's all going tits up for us - haha with that oggie off the wall.

And of course the winner in the replay, such a spectacular Ricky goal, it gets shown hundreds of times every year.

Boy are we in their heads or what.

I know their fans absolutely detest us, later on today while I've got Songs of Praise on the telly I might have a cheeky look at Blue Moon

I can't think of any other club over the years that has underachieved against us so badly in head to heads.

So many matches when they've absolutely battered us at times, and we somehow tough it out for a result.

A Poch match comes to mind, they were 1-0 up near HT and it could have been 5. Result? 4-1 to us.

Poch again - a 2-2 up there (Walker somehow not being pinged for a pen and a red card)

Poch - 2-1 up there with Lamela coming on late on and running through a knackered MF for CE.

Poch - Pep's first 6 games i/c and 6 wins on the trot. Meeja saying - "Citeh going to go unbeaten this season, hell they might win EVERY MATCH!!!" Kane injured, Son playing false number 9, 2-0 to Spurs and we even missed a pen to make it 3-0.

The CL matches - surely we can't beat them over 180 mins? Haha with that pen miss. Haha with Llorente's "goal". Haha with that Sterling "winner".

The day the Kippax was re-opened, we knocked them out the cup, they went ahead, we even missed a pen, was it 4-1? 4-2 to us?

They're beating us in the '81 final, it's all going tits up for us - haha with that oggie off the wall.

And of course the winner in the replay, such a spectacular Ricky goal, it gets shown hundreds of times every year.

I know their fans absolutely detest us, later on today while I've got Songs of Praise on the telly I might have a cheeky look at Blue Moon
This is a nice list.

so why do I still have nightmares about Jon Mackem? Nothing has made up for that.

We‘ve been there bogey team for decades. They had a brief few years respite when we had AVB and Sherwood but apart from that we dominated them for years.

They look like they need a hefty rebuild. Bit like us last season when the squad was just too stale.

So many signings of theirs have minimal impact..... Is that Txiki bloke perhaps the emperor's new clothes?

Rest assured though they will spend like fuck next summer in the name of Cuntiola building another team.... Perhaps even this January if they're doing badly enough.

Lurking their forums yesterday though, I was shocked how few of them appear to welcome Pep's new deal....

So many signings of theirs have minimal impact..... Is that Txiki bloke perhaps the emperor's new clothes?

Rest assured though they will spend like fuck next summer in the name of Cuntiola building another team.... Perhaps even this January if they're doing badly enough.

Lurking their forums yesterday though, I was shocked how few of them appear to welcome Pep's new deal....
Yeah interesting to see actually. Think his problem at the moment is the end product. His teams will always have huge amounts of possession but as we all know ourselves (under AVB and latter days under Poch) possession with no thrust is incredibly frustrating to watch

Yeah interesting to see actually. Think his problem at the moment is the end product. His teams will always have huge amounts of possession but as we all know ourselves (under AVB and latter days under Poch) possession with no thrust is incredibly frustrating to watch

Not just end product though..... Their press has died and it's all but meaningless possession and tiki-taka.... Virtually mirrors his final days at Barca... Just without Messi in God-mode to paper over the cracks.

I really hope they manage top 4 this season as I’m already looking forward to knocking them out of the champions league again next year!! :adegrin2:

The funny thing is, their CL ban being overturned this year has really screwed them.

Of all seasons, imagine a year off; the ability rebuild/transition/re-find their intensity and in the meantime just concentrate on 1 game per week.....

giphy.gif

I hope we get Sonny signed up to that new contract. They’d be mad not to be targeting his level of player.

I seriously think they should be looking at someone like Jimenez at wolves for their striker position, potentially in January. They won’t though, they’ll go for some up and coming striker playing in Europe.

I hope we get Sonny signed up to that new contract. They’d be mad not to be targeting his level of player.

If it's just a matter of a fat pay hike and being in the mix then I'm sure we can get a new deal done....

Bearing in mind how much we'd command for a fee; another EPL club doesn't concern me.... There is no 'guaranteed' title right now like their was for Walker a few years back. Otherwise, keep yer eyes on Barca/RM.

I seriously think they should be looking at someone like Jimenez at wolves for their striker position, potentially in January. They won’t though, they’ll go for some up and coming striker playing in Europe.

Nah..... Jimenez is 29. He needed to leave this past summer if he was gonna get an uber move.

It's got Haaland at 60m written all over it, IMO.

Of course, he'll only be interested in 1 of a few clubs, but that clause in his contract makes him an absolute no-brainer bargain.

Perhaps they'll grab DCL or Ings as HG for their bench too.

One things for sure; Jesus is never gonna be the WC successor to Aguero that he was intended to be.

Last edited:

Summary:

- Should never have re-signed Pep (no doubt a heavy dose of hindsight at play amongst them all).
- Mahrez is satan.
- Rodri is pants.
- Bunch of hyper-entitled whining gits.
- Not one humble "hey we've had it pretty good for the last decade"-style post.

I wouldn't bother soiling your day mate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom