Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come to the conclusion that rodri is an absolute clogger. How much ?
Ithink he was 60m. I just laugh at how City will just plop down 40m to 70m for pretty much any player they set their sights on.

40m for fucking Nathan Ake.

If Guardiola can't beat relegation teams with a huge budget, how is Arteta supposed to win any matches with a low budget? Seems in this weird corona season counter attacking football is more effective
Arteta is a deer in the headlights and a dumb cunt.

You're right about counter attacking football and my mates and I were discussing it during the Wolves game.

We are going to see a very interesting tactical battle tomorrow so I hope the refs don't do what they will want to do. Especially after those ham fisted errors at Fulham still earned Kluntts scorn.

Arteta is a deer in the headlights and a dumb cunt.

You're right about counter attacking football and my mates and I were discussing it during the Wolves game.

We are going to see a very interesting tactical battle tomorrow so I hope the refs don't do what they will want to do. Especially after those ham fisted errors at Fulham still earned Kluntts scorn.

This cunt is unbelievable.... It's like that West Ham game 2 seasons ago.... They get the good end of a shitty stick yet he still comes out playing the victim.... What an absolutely insufferable cunt.

What's this assholes plan...? To literally cry his way to retaining the fuckin' title!?!?!!?

City havnt actually got any stars.

PSG have neymar and mbappe and are trying to sign messi

City have jesus mahrez and sterling
Sterling is definitely a star, so is KDB. They've completely shit the bed this last season and a half.

Last season he scored 20 league goals, and until about the Joe Gomez incident during the international break, he was flying high in terms of his media profile. He'd won his battle against the daily mail only a few months earlier.

We definitely can’t compete with these guys and need to buy Foden
What a team.
What a club.

I think as long as we can spend roughly 1/2 a billion on FBs, then we have an outside chance of not loosing by double figures next time we face them.....

Baby steps, innit.

Last edited:
Do Cities owners have the stomach for another rebuild? Im not sure they do. At what point do they take a step back and say, do you know what. We arent getting value for money here. What will it take to win the league? Another billion? Is it worth it?

Abramovich has taken a step back and Chelsea are mostly self sufficient nowdays. The spending has been reigned in alot. The spree this summer was down to the 120m from Hazard leaving, and the the 12 month transfer ban.

To rebuild city it would cost 100m just to find an ok striker.

Abramovich has taken a step back and Chelsea are mostly self sufficient nowdays
He hasn't. He's given them another £300m "loan" around 2018, on top of not collecting any interest on the roughly £1.5bn of debt he is owed by the club. At normal interest rates that comes to about £45m a year on the interest on the principal alone.

City also pump money into the club in other ways, like off the books wages to Pep and at least one previous manager.

He hasn't. He's given them another £300m "loan" around 2018, on top of not collecting any interest on the roughly £1.5bn of debt he is owed by the club. At normal interest rates that comes to about £45m a year on the interest on the principal alone.

City also pump money into the club in other ways, like off the books wages to Pep and at least one previous manager.
I doubt that 300m loan was to buy players. More like proping up the finances.

I doubt that 300m loan was to buy players. More like proping up the finances.
Right, but it allows them to buy players indirectly. Their infurstructure and other expenses are funded by him and the "club" logs the player expenses themselves without having to worry about anything else.

Both City and Chelsea are also "self sufficient" using a couple of tricks, City sponsorships are massively inflated. Until very very recently City's global fanbase was smaller than Spurs but the Etihad sponsorship money was closer to the likes of Man U. Everton are doing the exact same trick with their new owner now.

There are other tricks too, but it would be a bit long winded to explain it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom