Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BTW, in the all commotion I forgot to mention how much I hate Raheem Sterling. He did this all through the world cup and the Euros.

He scored a couple of goals but he completely ruins every attack. I hate him so much, I hope I never have to see him in an England shirt.

For some bizarre reason Grealish got more stick after coming on than Sterling did. You know, the guy who tore Carvajal a new one, created 2 chances on his own and forced an amazing save vs the one who did absolutely nothing but lose the ball and dive.

Sterling is what he is. Head down and run player on the ball, very good at finding space off it which is where 2 of his goals in the Euros came from. He suits Gareth's conservative style which favours pace & ball carriers over more intricate players like Foden. He's a nightmarishly frustrating footballer though.

For all the praise they get, it's a very flawed team. Sterling, Foden, Mahrez, Jesus, Gundogan, Grealish, Silva are not clinical finishers. This loss can be partly attributed to that. They also lack strenth and speed, which is sometimes the only way to win a close game.

Their back line can't actually defend against top class forwards. Their backup LB is Zinchenko, might as well have Regilon there lol.

Ederson is show pony, the worst shot stopper in the top 6.

Walker is awesome, they win this tie if he's fit for both games. Transforms them defensively, the best defensive full back in world football. Stones was injured tonight too and is better than Laporte who is horrendously overrated, those two in and their backline looks a lot better.

Bang on about Ederson though. Yeah he's got ice in his veins and a big kick on him, but his 1on1 goalkeeping and shotstopping is laughable. Compare how damn intimidating Alisson is in these situations and it's a huge gap.

For some bizarre reason Grealish got more stick after coming on than Sterling did. You know, the guy who tore Carvajal a new one, created 2 chances on his own and forced an amazing save vs the one who did absolutely nothing but lose the ball and dive.

Sterling is what he is. Head down and run player on the ball, very good at finding space off it which is where 2 of his goals in the Euros came from. He suits Gareth's conservative style which favours pace & ball carriers over more intricate players like Foden. He's a nightmarishly frustrating footballer though.
Sterling is a self-indulgent, egotististical prick. There's ball carrying style (Grealish, Vinicius etc) and there's complete disregard for teammates and tactics. Many times England are already in the final third, there's no "ball carrying" to be done, like in the clip I shared but the little cunt just won't release the ball.

Grealish was also at fault for not releasing the ball sooner, instead always going all the way on his own, but I get the sense that he just didn't have the confidence to deliver a good cross, whereas Sterling stares his teammates right in their eyes, and takes a moment to make sure they made eye contact, before resuming his stupid antics.

Stupid Velma looking cunt.

Walker is awesome, they win this tie if he's fit for both games. Transforms them defensively, the best defensive full back in world football. Stones was injured tonight too and is better than Laporte who is horrendously overrated, those two in and their backline looks a lot better.

Bang on about Ederson though. Yeah he's got ice in his veins and a big kick on him, but his 1on1 goalkeeping and shotstopping is laughable. Compare how damn intimidating Alisson is in these situations and it's a huge gap.
I agree on Walker, he's a great defensive asset to have. He's still prone to some very silly mistakes, like losing the ball, and the header for Kane's winner in the last game.

Stones is better in some ways, but he's another player you can never quite trust to not fuck up badly in a big moment.

Sterling is a self-indulgent, egotististical prick. There's ball carrying style (Grealish, Vinicius etc) and there's complete disregard for teammates and tactics. Many times England are already in the final third, there's no "ball carrying" to be done, like in the clip I shared but the little cunt just won't release the ball.

Grealish was also at fault for not releasing the ball sooner, instead always going all the way on his own, but I get the sense that he just didn't have the confidence to deliver a good cross, whereas Sterling stares his teammates right in their eyes, and takes a moment to make sure they made eye contact, before resuming his stupid antics.

Stupid Velma looking cunt.

think scooby doo GIF

That would have been so much more of a beautifully brutal ending with the away goals rule.

But yep, an extra 30 minutes of must watch football - kind of longed it out though.

Bookmarking for my morning reading ☕

:crouch:

1st Real goal

2nd Real goal

Pen

Full time

Actually read the word Spursy amid all the expletives....nah boys we have a newly minted word. Everyone use it as much as you can Pepsy...very refreshing beverage

Gotta love the blissful ignorance of the first 2 mins of comms.... "Best 2 teams... Only fitting.... Well deserved etc."

:allitongue:
Just looked at those highlights for the first time today - that clearance off the line was kicked straight onto Foden's foot. Brilliant clearance but bloody hell, lucky or what!!

Citeh would still have lost, mind.

BTW, in the all commotion I forgot to mention how much I hate Raheem Sterling. He did this all through the world cup and the Euros.

He scored a couple of goals but he completely ruins every attack. I hate him so much, I hope I never have to see him in an England shirt.

Spot on. Like Lucas Moura just with 20 goals a season, as opposed to one goal and an array of black and blue match balls

But Kane fucking hates him. He should tell big nose he’s not playing in the WC unless he drops the little turd. A better mix for Kane is ESR, Saka and Foden.

Grealish and Sterling get in the bin

Back
Top Bottom