Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Once/if Man City get a new LCB and LB in to sort out their defense (they are said to be after Gvardiol & Cucurella) they'll be even better next season now they have a proper CF in Haaland.

charlie-kane-brother-of-harry-kane-of-england-attends-the-2018-fifa-picture-id996642948

👏 👏 👏

Hilarious how some city fans think their plastic piece of shit club is some kind of good news story, and not a story of spending untold billions of blood money.

I mean, at least own it! I'd have more respect if they came out and said 'yeah we've spent billions. And we fucking love it'.

But don't try and pretend anyone outside of their cunty plastic fanbase respects them or gives a shit.

Deuterz Deuterz

What do you think of City's potential lack of strength in depth if they sell both Jesus and Sterling?

According to the Athletic, their plan is for 6 attackers this season to be: LW Foden Grealish CF Haaland Alvarez RW Mahrez Palmer

Mid only has 5 (altho Grealish can join to make it 6): KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Rodri, Phillips

Isn't that actually quite a small squad, and risky given Alvarez is a newbie? Spurs could actually end the window with better strength in depth, albeit less quality.

Deuterz Deuterz

What do you think of City's potential lack of strength in depth if they sell both Jesus and Sterling?

According to the Athletic, their plan is for 6 attackers this season to be: LW Foden Grealish CF Haaland Alvarez RW Mahrez Palmer

Mid only has 5 (altho Grealish can join to make it 6): KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan, Rodri, Phillips

Isn't that actually quite a small squad, and risky given Alvarez is a newbie? Spurs could actually end the window with better strength in depth, albeit less quality.

I'd be really surprised if they didn't sign another attacking player ... I know they've been linked to Leao but not sure how serious said links are. From what I've heard about him he's a baller, but Milan have stuck some ridiculous price tag on him.

They want a LB (Cucurella?) so that would free Zinchenko up to be a midfield rotation option, which is his more natural position anyway so I think they're fine there. But going forward they'd be relying a lot on Haaland doing the business + Grealish stepping up to the plate. Risky. I'd actually take our attacking options over theirs if we were to sign Richarlison.

(But again .. I expect a LW to be signed if Sterling goes, I know Palmer is very highly rated but its a big ask to rely on a youngster like that..)

I'd be really surprised if they didn't sign another attacking player ... I know they've been linked to Leao but not sure how serious said links are. From what I've heard about him he's a baller, but Milan have stuck some ridiculous price tag on him.
I've not heard about this, but I think he would be a good signing for any top club given his progress this season and versatility.

But again .. I expect a LW to be signed if Sterling goes, I know Palmer is very highly rated but its a big ask to rely on a youngster like that..
Interestingly, apparently not.

https://theathletic.com/3372919/2022/06/20/sterling-jesus-transfer-chelsea-Woolwich/

Sam Lee is the most reliable City reporter. He says they have a lot of faith in Palmer. Alvarez will be assessed during pre-season, but plan is to keep him.

They want a LB (Cucurella?) so that would free Zinchenko up to be a midfield rotation option, which is his more natural position anyway so I think they're fine there.
Good point, Cucurella signing will let Zinchenko add strength to their midfield.

Quote from that article:
"Part of the reason that City were comfortable in letting Ferran Torres leave was that they believe Palmer, on the back of what they had seen in the first half of last season, has a higher ceiling than the Spaniard, who they did rate highly.
Back then, Palmer had a good chance of getting into the team as a false nine (or even as an actual No 9, as he demonstrated by switching between the roles in a game against Everton) but next season his best bet is on the right wing. And City do expect him to play a lot more next season."

I've not heard about this, but I think he would be a good signing for any top club given his progress this season and versatility.

Interestingly, apparently not.

Sam Lee is the most reliable City reporter. He says they have a lot of faith in Palmer. Alvarez will be assessed during pre-season, but plan is to keep him.

Good point, Cucurella signing will let Zinchenko add strength to their midfield.

Quote from that article:
"Part of the reason that City were comfortable in letting Ferran Torres leave was that they believe Palmer, on the back of what they had seen in the first half of last season, has a higher ceiling than the Spaniard, who they did rate highly.
Back then, Palmer had a good chance of getting into the team as a false nine (or even as an actual No 9, as he demonstrated by switching between the roles in a game against Everton) but next season his best bet is on the right wing. And City do expect him to play a lot more next season."

Surprises me. That's a looooot of faith being put in Palmer and also Grealish. If the latter doesn't step up at all this season they could face a real issue on that LW.

Surprises me. That's a looooot of faith being put in Palmer and also Grealish. If the latter doesn't step up at all this season they could face a real issue on that LW.
I dont' want to get too ahead of myself; Spurs chance of winning league is low as we'd have to be above both City and Liv.

But I do think it's plausible that one of those 2 have a downturn which gives us a chance for second.
For City, Alvarez and Palmer are risky unknowns. KDB Haaland combo would destroy any team, but both are injury prone.
Liv also undergoing a bit of a change with Mane leaving, they may be a bit demoralised after being so close to the quadruple but then failing big.

I dont' want to get too ahead of myself; Spurs chance of winning league is low as we'd have to be above both City and Liv.

But I do think it's plausible that one of those 2 have a downturn which gives us a chance for second.
For City, Alvarez and Palmer are risky unknowns. KDB Haaland combo would destroy any team, but both are injury prone.
Liv also undergoing a bit of a change with Mane leaving, they may be a bit demoralised after being so close to the quadruple but then failing big.

I think we'll close the gap but not quite be there. City still have pure quality running through their midfield, Liverpool really depends on how well Nunez settles in. If they both get some big injuries (like Liverpool in 20/21) its possible but the aim should be to close the gap and then have another big window.

We need big signings at LCB, RWB & some attacking depth. Will be easier to assess where everyone's at when business is concluded.

Copy and paste from GdS ( Gazzetta dello Sport)

Pep, but the Champions? Over a billion reasons to win it. Otherwise ...

Guardiola dominates in England but hasn't won an international trophy since 2013. Now his City has taken Haaland to dispel the Champions taboo. And Pep can no longer be wrong ...

One billion and 135 million euros. In spans is the amount that Manchester City has invested in signings to date and starting from the 2016-17 season, Pep Guardiola's first as manager of Sheikh Mansur's team.

Back
Top Bottom