Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn't 14 votes get it through?

Klippety was suggesting that one more vote would have swung it....

I mean, fuck me, just vote for 5 subs and don't use them if you don't want to.

Just stacks the deck further in the favour of the biggest/richest teams..... Don't see why any of the bottom half or teams with a small squad would... It's like Turkey's voting for xmas.

Like Fattynomates Fattynomates said; predominantly an issue for clubs in Europe.... Why dance to their tune?

(Helps us... But for what it's worth I was still against it.)

Last edited:
I have a lot of sympathy for provisions to better protect players from injury in this crazy season, but what I don't understand is why the big clubs with 10x the spending power of sides like Sheffield United or Brighton don't rotate better and actually use their squad (which, mind you, probably have academy players worth the entirety of those teams)? I mean that's why we say it's a squad game and you need squad depth to win the league, right? No one is forcing you to play the same 11 players every game. Maybe Klopp should've rotated more last season and it wouldn't be so risky to call on some players now.

Fwiw from vague memory I think that's something SAF did really well, though I'm too lazy to look it up.

Imagine winning the league with all the current bitterness from these cunts and our rivals. Just. Fucking. Imagine. It.

tenor.gif

If we win the league the media will say it's only because of COVID anyway tbh.

They will find some way to downplay the achievement because it's us, fuck them.

The thing is though one of the reasons the dippers got the early kickoff today is that they play their next CL game on Tuesday. If they had a later kickoff or even played on Sunday the bellend would then be moaning about how unfair it is playing so late.

The thing is though one of the reasons the dippers got the early kickoff today is that they play their next CL game on Tuesday. If they had a later kickoff or even played on Sunday the bellend would then be moaning about how unfair it is playing so late.
Doesn't it mean you get more rest before the midweek game? It's swings and roundabouts really.

God, I really hate this guy! He's such a nasty man.

Yeah, I'm calling trouble in paradise on this one.

3.05 in and talks about the front three doing well. Look at what his head is suggesting at the same time. Body language 101 there.

PRI_174117417.jpg

The media will eat them for breakfast now. Shouldn't have spent the last few years sucking him off.

I've tired of hearing about the rash of injuries as well. It's two fucking guys. VVD out for the season, and yeah that sucks but it happens. And then TAA out for a couple weeks.

Aside from that, it's really nothing that every team doesn't deal with through a season. A couple dinged up a little. They've spent a ton of money and strengthened, so it really should be a non-issue.

Klopp picks the team, the game is awash with money because of the TV deals and someone within Liverpool agreed to the kick off. He likes his medals and stacks of cash in his bank account, that comes at a price.

He is bemoaning the kick off time; would two more hours really make that much difference? Where’s the depth in his squad? He doesn’t have to routinely pick the same 11. Unless they are the only 11 he trusts - then who’s fault is that? BT? Des Kelly? Sheffield Police?

Playing devils advocate, what truly is the difference between playing Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon? If a player is too tired after playing in Europe in a Sunday morning game then 3 or 6 hours later isn’t going to do anything for their stamina or health.

IMO it’s the same damn thing.

Its the sleep pattern

Wednesday night - fly back, get to bed at something like 3am

If you are then playing midday on Saturday you only get one nights full rest - if you play Saturday night you get two

"Klopp sarcastically congratulates BT over Milner injury and calls Wilder Selfish"

This is great....... Headlines about Klopp moaning...... and it's still the top story despite all the other matches and Bahrain qualifying.

The media don't like it when you turn on them..... They especially don't like it when you're rude to one of their own.

And also biting the TV hand that enables you to live like a king with a lavish lifestyle...... Not smart.

Hopefully just a little more pressure on them now and a few less sympathetic headlines for them.

Back
Top Bottom