Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a circadian rhythm type issue, chiefly the recovery routines should be set when not digesting foods.

Eating regularly let's the body, liver chiefly, prepare to release gastric juices and enzymes at the right time.

Once eating n digesting the autonomic nervous system will direct oxygen supply to the digestive system, hence best no significant protein 3-4hours before bed,to allow the sleeps recovery cycles to work optimally.

Then, if we apply this to a 12:30 kick off it muddies all kinds of biological processes...

If heavy exercise with intense cardio, whilst still digesting foods of complex nature (protein needs more oxygen), you have the perfect storm for impaired lactic acid buffering, for example.

Best I can convey in minutes, as working!
Getting buffered by impaired lactic acid gets on my tits

The media don't like it when you turn on them..... They especially don't like it when you're rude to one of their own.
Last week when Klopp unloaded both barrels at Sky, the interviewer sounded like he was going to cry. Never meet your heroes etc.

You're right in that pundits are thick as thieves.

The BT one (Des?) was having none of it from the start. That Teeth took the very weak bait is all the media need to know going forward. Fingers crossed that Kluntt is too arrogant to listen to the dipper media liaison going forward.

Tbh I agree about both of the issues that he's trying to tackle.
  • PL *should* have 5 subs this season. Every single top league have it. FIFA have allowed it (even recommended it I believe). But the shit PL clubs that are opposing it think they know better than everyone. La Liga have the 5 subs rule and looking at their table, 2 of the top 4 in there are surprise packages. They aren't crying that the 5 subs rule have given the traditional big clubs too much advantage.
  • Playing in the early morning slot immediately after a European fixture is absurd. Again, no other top league forces their teams to go through that. We played WBA on Sunday morning after a Europa League match on Thursday. That shouldn't have happened either. Afternoon or evening slots on Sunday or the Monday night slots should be reserved for teams playing Europa. It's tougher to pick schedules for the EL teams but for the CL teams, it's really not that difficult - clubs should either play Tuesday/Saturday or Wednesday/Sunday.
Having said that I'm loving the fact that Kloop is losing it a bit. :roflmao: And I really hope that the media turn on him for not reciprocating their behaviour (sucking) towards him.
Yep, I agree too.

I think most of the backlash though is the way he goes about communicating this.

The interview post-match with Des Kelly(?) was so unprofessional. He goes about making accusations towards him for asking questions, exactly the same pitchside interviewer that interviewed him (although I haven't seen a word of it) post CL win, I bet he wasn't sarcastic towards him then? I bet he didn't try to insinuate he was to blame for the officials getting the penalty decision wrong.

Whilst I think every manager would want the latter KO time having played in Europe earlier in the week, he does also have to balance this out that were it not for the PL/Media his team (and all the others in Europe especially) wouldn't be getting any money paid to them. That early slot is one of the most lucrative in World Football, I hope I've got this right but I can't find where I read it so apologies if I've got this wrong, but that slot is worth £1m per min, that's because it has the biggest World Wide audience. It's always inevitable that that slot will have one of the big 6 play in it as they are the biggest attractions, this is ALSO the very argument that the big 6 have when trying to weasel out a greater share of the revenues as they say they are the reason why people tune in, as opposed to watching WBA.

From a position in the last couple of years of very few injuries.....

So Thiago is another injury that isn't likely linked to Klopps's bitching about subs and fixtures afterall..... (Bought late, no pre-season, caught covid, played a couple of games got hurt... Was already fragile.).

Opportunistic, fake news shite-housin', tramp-lookin' victim-complex havin' twat!

land yet they and the media were more concerned about us signing Bale with his injuries. There was zero mention of Thiago despite the fact he’d missed more games than Bale in the same period. I’d actually forgotten they’d signed him!

Ox-Chamberlain was crazy money too considering his injury history.

Last edited:
Been arguing for days with a Liverpool mate about klopps meltdowns. They really think everyone should feel sorry for them. The fixtures are so hard, its a special case year, our players are getting injured, we should be allowed more subs. He honestly think Klopp is lookign after other clubs welfare by asking for 5 subs.

Then I pointed out spurs have played 19 games to Liverpools 16. He went apeshit on whatsapp as the reality sunk in.

Been arguing for days with a Liverpool mate about klopps meltdowns. They really think everyone should feel sorry for them. The fixtures are so hard, its a special case year, our players are getting injured, we should be allowed more subs. He honestly think Klopp is lookign after other clubs welfare by asking for 5 subs.

Then I pointed out spurs have played 19 games to Liverpools 16. He went apeshit on whatsapp as the reality sunk in.
Had a chat with a dipper today all he talk about were how completely unlucky they are with var and injuries. I just laughed in his face

Something that Harry Brooks (football coach) said on The Extra Inch Podcast really hit home to me why we can win the league.
Mourinho is the best at adapting his team's to the circumstances. Be it magnitude of the game, opposition personal, oppositions strengths or in this case a lack of pre-season and insane schedule. This is something Klopp and Guardiola don't do, they push their style onto other teams and force them to deal it. Trying to play high octane, high press football with this schedule is insane.

Wow, Gary just wow

Happy Team GIF by AFAS Software

Something that Harry Brooks (football coach) said on The Extra Inch Podcast really hit home to me why we can win the league.
Mourinho is the best at adapting his team's to the circumstances. Be it magnitude of the game, opposition personal, oppositions strengths or in this case a lack of pre-season and insane schedule. This is something Klopp and Guardiola don't do, they push their style onto other teams and force them to deal it. Trying to play high octane, high press football with this schedule is insane.
I hope a bit there isn't a change to 5 subs. Think we stand to benefit from it as some other managers, as you point out, seem incapable to adapt.

If pep coached Burnley he would still try to use the same tactics.
That's my hot take.

Back
Top Bottom