Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Garth Crooks

1vhunj.jpg

Tier 2 isn't it up there? They're still allowed fans. Load of bullshit this tiering is anyway, as though Covid knows which region it's in.
You're right, of course, but differing restrictions do work fine if you have functioning borders between the areas.

The meme from earlier in the year of "viruses don't respect borders" was just the dumbest thing: viruses don't understand what a border is, sure, but the people who carry those viruses do. We could've avoided the worst of 2020 like most of East Asia if we hadn't decided that open borders are more important than our citizens' lives. At least we now know for sure that the economy and its globalisation are more important than our health. Disgusting stuff. But I digress!

You're right, of course, but differing restrictions do work fine if you have functioning borders between the areas.

The meme from earlier in the year of "viruses don't respect borders" was just the dumbest thing: viruses don't understand what a border is, sure, but the people who carry those viruses do. We could've avoided the worst of 2020 like most of East Asia if we hadn't decided that open borders are more important than our citizen's lives. At least we now know for sure that the economy and its globalisation are more important than our lives. Disgusting stuff. But I digress!
Agree, but how are they supposed to ensure people from Tier 4 never travel to Tier 1/2 areas and vice versa? Anyway, i don't want to derail the thread this probably belongs in the Coronavirus thread.

But it's interesting they've put all the fans in the same stand. Why not spread them out into the other stands?

Agree, but how are they supposed to ensure people from Tier 4 never travel to Tier 1/2 areas and vice versa? Anyway, i don't want to derail the thread this probably belongs in the Coronavirus thread.

But it's interesting they've put all the fans in the same stand. Why not spread them out into the other stands?
No, you're completely right, it wouldn't be possible, and I wouldn't support some weird border system between our own counties. Your post just made me think of that silly quote about viruses and borders and I went off at a tangent.

Good question about the stands. Hm. I would guess it's a logistics thing (penny-pinching under the guise of safety?).

They’ve got a far bigger test this year. Even we are within a point if we win our game in hand and reverse the result at WHL. And we’ve been rather shit at times this season.
It’s wide open and we are still in the mixer.
Klopps teeth will spontaneously combust if they keep dropping points.

Can’t beat Fulham , WBA or Newcastle? Jose would be sacked for less.
It’s a fucked up season mate. No fans (unless you’re a dipper & now they’ve lost that bonus)
Teams getting turned over or dropping points against oppos you’d not bet a matchstick on. Not knowing which Spurs is going to turn up (ok, that’s not an unfamiliar scenario)
I think that we genuinely still have a huge say in this season, could easily win it & we just need to stop with this “smash and grab” philosophy against every team we come up against. Fuck sake. Go out and smash the fuck out of a few teams and don’t look so predictable every game. Rather lose 3 & win 3 than draw 6.

Poch lovers, Chav haters, those who listen to media...the list goes on.

As for the budget:

average-epl-salary-by-team.jpg
Give that man 250 million like Frank Lampard and we will get used to win nearly every match. Chelsea should already go crazy with these performances. Mou is already delivering more than enough with that kind of budget. I am looking forward to next season with some adjustments. Offloading Dele and maybe Bale if it does not work out would boost our squad in terms of budget. Bale is earning too much compared to his contribution. I hope he will still surprise us... we really miss a good right winger

Back
Top Bottom