Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said that before. I don't think fans always think about the fact while they are professional clubs they are still as human as the rest of us.

I remember being in a team years ago with 30 players, always fall outs and arguements and cliques forming. The more bloated a squad the more chance disharmony and problems and that will affect performance on the pitch.

It's one of the main reasons i feel it's in our best interest to clear all the deadwood this window.

Not sure what the hell Rogers is doing creating a mega sized squad, it could collapse around him.

I count 29 players over the age of 21 in their squad according to Wiki - and they've still got the same centre backs.....

Said that before. I don't think fans always think about the fact while they are professional clubs they are still as human as the rest of us.

I remember being in a team years ago with 30 players, always fall outs and arguements and cliques forming. The more bloated a squad the more chance disharmony and problems and that will affect performance on the pitch.

It's one of the main reasons i feel it's in our best interest to clear all the deadwood this window.

Not sure what the hell Rogers is doing creating a mega sized squad, it could collapse around him.
It could be a gamble on building enough depth to survive both the league and European competition, but the choices aren't coherent enough that it will really work properly.

Too many bodies, too many egos, too much salary.

I don't see how Rodgers can fire a team up to perform. I bet the players see all the shots at him online and probably laugh behind his back at how silly he looks. That liverpool doco series did him no favours in not looking like a tit.

I still can't believe they thought buying Balotelli was a smart move and that was just under a year ago.
Yep, still can't believe it.
Tbh I thought it was a good buy as well. You can't deny that the kid has talent, but Rodgers obviously haven't been able to control him. I think I read somewhere, that Poch would love to work with Balo? I still rate him, he just needs the proper guidance

I don't see them sacking him to be honest. I think he will live off that second placed finish for a whole.

If he doesn't get top four this year, there may be talks held with the owners about the vision of the club. But I don't think he'll be sacked this year.

Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Balotelli. That's an expensive forward line, some unhappy bench boys there. Almost guaranteed to play a 442 diamond? Reckon it might be an absolute disaster. Two strikers worked well with Suarez, but Benteke is nothing like Suarez

Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Balotelli. That's an expensive forward line, some unhappy bench boys there. Almost guaranteed to play a 442 diamond? Reckon it might be an absolute disaster. Two strikers worked well with Suarez, but Benteke is nothing like Suarez
Don't forget the £15m worth Fabio Borini.

I mean really? As a fan I wanna see dippers flop, all there money wasted but honest opinion differs, last season sturridge scored 5, balotteli 4 , lambert 3 borini 2 = 14 goals( nearly half of them in cup matches) , that's the worst performance ever for any team , true they over paid for most of the signings ,,money lost but I really don't think benteke+sturridge+ings+origi would go any worst than that, benteke alone been scoring more than 15 goals for last 3 seasons,

I mean really? As a fan I wanna see dippers flop, all there money wasted but honest opinion differs, last season sturridge scored 5, balotteli 4 , lambert 3 borini 2 = 14 goals( nearly half of them in cup matches) , that's the worst performance ever for any team , true they over paid for most of the signings ,,money lost but I really don't think benteke+sturridge+ings+origi would go any worst than that, benteke alone been scoring more than 15 goals for last 3 seasons,
Yeah I don't doubt that they will improve on their goal tally. Sturridge being injured for a big chunk of the season doesn't help that. Just saying that I don't see Benteke as being able to replicate the systematic role that Suarez provided in their title challenging season. Sturridge seems to thrive when playing with another forward that is capable of both scoring himself and creating really well also, like Suarez, and I don't Benteke as being that.

Back
Top Bottom