Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is that the modern version of, " When Ian Rush scores, Liverpool never lose"?

That used to get wheeled out a lot in the '80s. I can just hear Brian Moore now.

'I still wouldn't call it work. Proper work is what my mates were having to do on the factory floor or my Dad in the abattoir': Sammy Lee recalls his glory days as a Liverpool player and waxes lyrical about Trent Alexander-Arnold​

• Sammy Lee revealed what it was like during his glory days as a Liverpool player
  • The 63-year-old had an illustrious career at Anfield winning plenty of silverware
  • Lee heaped praise on Trent Alexander-Arnold following his rise with the Reds
By JOE BERNSTEIN FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 00:50 GMT, 27 February 2022 | UPDATED: 00:52 GMT, 27 February 2022

'I didn't really appreciate all the success we had until later,' admits Lee, now 63, who later enjoyed a stellar coaching career under Gerard Houllier, Sven Goran Eriksson, Rafa Benitez and Sam Allardyce.

'If there was a secret, it was that we took nothing for granted. Liverpool supporters demanded the best and we were never allowed to become arrogant. My main effort was simply to keep my place in the team but I still wouldn't call it work. Proper work is what my mates were having to do on the factory floor or my Dad in the abattoir.'

Like Trent Alexander-Arnold today, Lee embodied the importance of having a local Liverpool lad in the dressing room.

Klopp's appointment has been absolutely transformative.

Next German manager once he runs out of steam with Liverpool.

Seriously good manager on a completely different level to Pochettino for all those who dare to compare.

It's not just about players. Klopp just adds immense value.

Seriously good manager on a completely different level to Pochettino for all those who dare to compare.

He's still a passive-aggressive bell-end!
Good Night GIF

I have to agree.

A quality coach/people manager, plus a board who invested and backed him all the way equals a recent level of success we should have had some involvement in but can only cast envious eyes at. Obviously they are the bigger club and the law of cyclical success turns things around but throw in the 'we finished above them in 8 out of 9 seasons up to 2017/18' makes me despair even more at our club's lack of desire to succeed in more than just a financial sense.

Well obviously, I would love him if he was our manager;)

At least you admit it.

I think the hardest thing is the truth. The bloke is all the things you say and much more but he would be adored if he were our manager.

Pochettino got close but really hasn't got what Klopp possesses.

No such thing as a nice winner in my opinion, or not one who is always viewed as nice is probably fairer. That's our ex-manager and much as it is admirable it only goes so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom