Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My Portuguese mate told me he's not so good playing up front on his own and needs a partner to really excel
He's only 22 however so I expect him to be able to grow into that.

Liverpool usually make very educated signings. They probably know that they may have to be a bit patient with Darwin until he gets up to speed a bit.

Watching them with a real 9 is going to be weird.

Liverpool usually make very educated signings. They probably know that they may have to be a bit patient with Darwin until he gets up to speed a bit.

Much like City/Haaland, I suspect it stands to make them more direct......

Scary thought really.

Every player they sign seems to go up a level under Klopp but eventually there's bound to be one who doesn't. Let's hope he's going to be the one.

Much like City/Haaland, I suspect it stands to make them more direct......

Scary thought really.
Yup. Liverpool was already a more direct team than Pep's City. But adding an actual 9 to it will only make them more troublesome.

City you could always lock out by having good enough defenders and sitting tight, as we have done a fair few times against them. But now that is going to be a struggle since they can just pass it to Haaland and pray.

Yup. Liverpool was already a more direct team than Pep's City. But adding an actual 9 to it will only make them more troublesome.

City you could always lock out by having good enough defenders and sitting tight, as we have done a fair few times against them. But now that is going to be a struggle since they can just pass it to Haaland and pray.

Yeh as per Liverpool; the loss of directness is what seprarates them from the absolute beast they were 2/3 years ago.... When the Fabhino/Henderson/Wijnaldum MF was at it's most energetic pomp.

Yeh as per Liverpool; the loss of directness is what seprarates them from the absolute beast they were 2/3 years ago.... When the Fabhino/Henderson/Wijnaldum MF was at it's most energetic pomp.
Lowkey dreading a Suarez, Darwin, Jota front three pressing like pure Klopp idiots as well.

Nunez was superb in the games against Liverpool last season. He's a bit of a unit and will give them a different dimension they haven't had up top since they had a prime Torres, but they won't miss out any anything pressing wise as he's excellent at doing that. He's exactly the type of signing they need that will keep them in the mix for titles next season. If they can add Bellingham to their midfield instead of playing an inconsistent Naby Keita, they'll continue to be some force.

I don't think they'll miss Mane, should he leave, as much as they should. They already replaced him really with Luis Diaz.

Nunez was superb in the games against Liverpool last season. He's a bit of a unit and will give them a different dimension they haven't had up top since they had a prime Torres, but they won't miss out any anything pressing wise as he's excellent at doing that. He's exactly the type of signing they need that will keep them in the mix for titles next season. If they can add Bellingham to their midfield instead of playing an inconsistent Naby Keita, they'll continue to be some force.

I don't think they'll miss Mane, should he leave, as much as they should. They already replaced him really with Luis Diaz.

They will miss Mane big time, his pressing gave them a different dimension. Like Van Dijk it enabled them to play high up the pitch and suffocate teams. Mane is a huge huge loss for them, system wise more important than Salah. He was/is the best off the ball attacker in world football probably.

Yep. According to reports …. Only a third escape the ‘debilitating’ condition

Seriously, the government should intervene.... This is simply not acceptable......
They should be doing so much more to protect our scouse brothers and sisters.... :dierpochhug:

They will miss Mane big time, his pressing gave them a different dimension. Like Van Dijk it enabled them to play high up the pitch and suffocate teams. Mane is a huge huge loss for them, system wise more important than Salah. He was/is the best off the ball attacker in world football probably.

+ Although Diaz looks decent; I still think peeps are jumping the gun in thinking he'll just seemlessly replace the all-round impact and consistency that Mane delivered. Truth is he may never reach that level.

Diaz presses extremely well and so does their new fella from what I've seen. Though it remains to be seen whether Luis Diaz can replace Mane's goals, as for all of his positive play for Liverpool, he hasn't scored too many yet.

Diaz presses extremely well and so does their new fella from what I've seen. Though it remains to be seen whether Luis Diaz can replace Mane's goals, as for all of his positive play for Liverpool, he hasn't scored too many yet.

Size, workrate, pace, physicality, dribbling, good touch, goals..... Mane was a bit of a freak tbf.

Still expecting his body to totally break down at some point..... Gonna be a tough 'goodbye' for them, but can't hep thinking Liverpool have got the timing right.

Size, workrate, pace, physicality, dribbling, good touch, goals..... Mane was a bit of a freak tbf.

Still expecting his body to totally break down at some point..... Gonna be a tough 'goodbye' for them, but can't hep thinking Liverpool have got the timing right.

He's already lost a bit of his explosive acceleration, more through a nasty injury he got not so long ago than an age thing, I think. I don't believe he will be half the player he was in just a year or two. They've won plenty of games both without him and Salah when they've been missing at different times.

He's already lost a bit of his explosive acceleration, more through a nasty injury he got not so long ago than an age thing, I think. I don't believe he will be half the player he was in just a year or two. They've won plenty of games both without him and Salah when they've been missing at different times.

Yeh, AFCON ought to have shown them that it was time to cut the chord.

Fuckers..... Why can't they make a few bum decisions for a change.... I miss the days of Dalglish's 'glorious' return.

Back
Top Bottom