Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excellent post.

I think football will probably rebound, it always does but at the moment i couldn't be more apathetic to it if i tried. In addition, the days of it being 'non-political' are long gone.

I am REALLY struggling to build any enthusiasm for the game. I am secretly hoping that next season doesn't start until late in the year so i don't have to make a decsion about renewing my ST.
If it helps, I think the FA and PL clubs are about to have an awful lot of egg on their face as they actually start to find out more about BLM than the surface level.

I wonder if Daniel or Abramovich are the 'Free Palestine' sort.
:harrysmile:

D663055-E-0-AFE-48-F7-85-E5-D54-A8-BD2-A040.jpg

Why is this shite on the site?
Not just me, then! Blimey, I was wondering what dark corners of the internet (other than this one) I'd gone into to warrant such a horrific banner ad.

He would have been backed if Coutinho was sold or not. They got their man in, a world class manager, Liverpool and teams with ambition back their clubs if they're happy with their manager.
Speculate to accumulate......
Come on mate that’s just silly talk. You can’t say that selling their best player for a world record fee didn’t have anything to do with him being “backed”.

There is no way at all that they would have been able to afford those transfers with out selling their best player first. At the time everyone was taking mick
out of them for being a selling club and celebrating countinho leaving.

If it wasn’t for that transfer though none of this would have happened. Their owners don’t back them as much as you think either, they’ve just missed out on their number one target to Chelsea (Timo Werner), they’ve also gone the whole of last summer with out making any first team signings.

It is actually just the Coutinho transfer and smart scouting that has put them where they are, FSG don’t back them any more than ENIC back us.

Come on mate that’s just silly talk. You can’t say that selling their best player for a world record fee didn’t have anything to do with him being “backed”.

There is no way at all that they would have been able to afford those transfers with out selling their best player first. At the time everyone was taking mick
out of them for being a selling club and celebrating countinho leaving.

If it wasn’t for that transfer though none of this would have happened. Their owners don’t back them as much as you think either, they’ve just missed out on their number one target to Chelsea (Timo Werner), they’ve also gone the whole of last summer with out making any first team signings.

It is actually just the Coutinho transfer and smart scouting that has put them where they are, FSG don’t back them any more than ENIC back us.
I doubt they 'missed' out on Timo Werner. More like they didn't pursue as much as Chelsea. Given the choice i think he would have preferred the premier league and European champions to them!
Same goes for last summer. Only reason they didn't bother buying is cos they had the near perfect team. They'd just won champions league and on cusp of winning premier league. Had they needed to buy big, they would have.
We also sold our best player a while ago for a world record btw. Where the fuck are we now?
Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, City, even Woolwich back the manager, we never really have. That's the main reason we've won nothing but 2 league cups in nearly 30 years fella.

Last edited:
I doubt they 'missed' out on Timo Werner. More like they didn't pursue as much as Chelsea. Given the choice i think he would have preferred the premier league and European champions to them!
Same goes for last summer. Only reason they didn't bother buying is could they had the near perfect team. They'd just won champions league and on cusp of winning premier league. Had they needed to buy big, they would have.
We also sold our best player a while ago for a world record btw. Where the fuck are we now?
Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, City, even Woolwich back the manager, we never really have. That's the main reason we've won nothing but 2 league cups in nearly 30 years fella.
I’m not trying to argue our shortcomings, I 100% agree that we have lacked investment and had the chance to be much better off then we are now.

but when specifically talking about Liverpool you have got it wrong. First of all they missed out on Werner because they refused to match Chelsea’s 270k a week wages. They wanted him that is almost certain, all of the credible reports have documented this.

As far as this season goes, if they had a similar injury record to ours then they would not have won this league and so it can be argued that they did require investment but have lucked out that their team has stayed fit together all season long.

Their success is down to selling their best asset at the right time, investing that money wisely and luck with injuries. FSG have not pumped significant amounts of money in to the club and they do behave way more like ENIC than the sheik or abramovic.

I’m not trying to argue our shortcomings, I 100% agree that we have lacked investment and had the chance to be much better off then we are now.

but when specifically talking about Liverpool you have got it wrong. First of all they missed out on Werner because they refused to match Chelsea’s 270k a week wages. They wanted him that is almost certain, all of the credible reports have documented this.

As far as this season goes, if they had a similar injury record to ours then they would not have won this league and so it can be argued that they did require investment but have lucked out that their team has stayed fit together all season long.

Their success is down to selling their best asset at the right time, investing that money wisely and luck with injuries. FSG have not pumped significant amounts of money in to the club and they do behave way more like ENIC than the sheik or abramovic.
They wouldn't have won the league had they had a few injuries like us??!!
They didn't just win it by a few points fella! They pissed it by 20 odd! They would have still won it by ten odd, face facts.
As for Werner, they might have wanted him, but they didn't NEED him. There's the big difference. Fair play to them for pulling out at those ridiculous wages.
They're still cunts though....

Maybe he'll be backed next time.....
Also Notabadsquad

The question that really needs answering for this is would Klopp have done better than Poch with the players Poch had available?

These players were all in their prime and playing together under Poch

Kane
Son
Dele
Eriksen
Dembele
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Walker
Lloris

It's nothing short of amazing that despite having these players at our disposal we still didn't win anything - not even a league cup under Poch in 5 years.

Would Klopp have done any better with these players? If we're truly honest then you have to say he probably would have done better.

Also Notabadsquad

The question that really needs answering for this is would Klopp have done better than Poch with the players Poch had available?

Kane
Son
Dele
Eriksen
Dembele
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Walker
Lloris

It's nothing short of amazing that despite having these players at our disposal we still didn't win anything - not even a league cup under Poch in 5 years.

Would Klopp have done any better with these players? If we're truly honest then you have to say he probably would have done better.

The answer is yes.

Klopp is the better manager.

But to be clear. I thought Pochettino did a great job. He did fail however to take a very good set of players over the line even once.

That is problematic and until you succeed you are a failure.

Also Notabadsquad

Kane
Son
Dele
Eriksen
Dembele
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Walker
Lloris

Klopp is a better manager, but he only stopped falling at the last hurdle after signing a brilliant keeper and VVD. We had a very, very good team but player for player they are / were superior.
Loris always had an error in him, Dembele couldnt last 90mins.

My brother lives in Liverpool and his street is full of reds. I feel so sorry for him.

Their cunt fans are trying to blame ours for the fireworks, and the club for the blue lighting on the building. One, the blue lighting was for Veterans' Day, that's why there was white and red lighting. It had nothing to do with Everton. Two, why the shit would any of our fans want to go to a Liverpool gathering? If anything, we're more likely to AVOID town when the reds come out to play.

My brother lives in Liverpool and his street is full of reds. I feel so sorry for him.

Their cunt fans are trying to blame ours for the fireworks, and the club for the blue lighting on the building. One, the blue lighting was for Veterans' Day, that's why there was white and red lighting. It had nothing to do with Everton. Two, why the shit would any of our fans want to go to a Liverpool gathering? If anything, we're more likely to AVOID town when the reds come out to play.
There was a guy arrested about the fireworks, I linked the page from Merseyside Police.

Also a couple of videos of scumbag behaviour.

The answer is yes.

Klopp is the better manager.

But to be clear. I thought Pochettino did a great job. He did fail however to take a very good set of players over the line even once.

That is problematic and until you succeed you are a failure.
If we won the CL would Klopp have even been manager at pool this season?

Do these scrounging bin-feeding victims ever give up whingeing and complaining?

Personally I think Liverpool should get one every game.

Fed up of these ingrates taking Liverpool for granted, without them football would just be a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around

Back
Top Bottom